Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 11th August 2010, 17:59

Mood
Musical

Default Ebay users?

Never used Ebay before but looking into using it, for current users how do you find it? is it worth it?

what puts me off is bad experience stories i've heard in the past..
Old 11th August 2010, 18:54

Default Re: Ebay users?

I've bought a fair amount of stuff from ebay - it was brilliant in the run up to the wedding, My bro-in-law just bought his new motorbike from there, and got his previous one from there too. Both great bikes.
Old 11th August 2010, 19:29

Mood
Pensive

The good far outweighs he bad IMO. Apart from the sellers fee's that is
Old 11th August 2010, 19:29
Co-Administrator

Mood
Dreaming

My very first experience with ebay was bad, but that's been the only one (and I've bought a lot of stuff since). Like Azi I got a fair bit for my wedding from ebay. One thing didn't show up on time but it was the fault of postal strikes and not the seller.

You can get a lot of stuff on ebay that you can't get anywhere else.
Old 11th August 2010, 19:39

Mood
Torn

I've bought and sold on ebay on and off for about 3 years and never had any major problems. A couple of times people have not paid for stuff but as long as you don't make the mistake of posting before you get paid then thats just a minor (but annoying) inconvenience.
Old 11th August 2010, 19:45
Banned (at own request)

its brilliant. i get everything off ebay , from curtains to dvds phone batterys my cross trainer my trainers everything.

its filthy cheap and iv not had one problem as a buyer in the 2 years iv used it and iv maybe bought 200 items
Old 11th August 2010, 20:30

I've been buying on eBay for nearly 6 years but I haven't sold anything on there as yet. I've only had a couple of problems, and most get sorted quite easily. It's allowed me to be able to start collections of things without having to travel or even search much for specific items!
Old 11th August 2010, 20:36

I buy everything (except food) on ebay- clothes, books, cds, even most of my furniture and I've never had any problems. It's great not having to go in shops anymore and it's much cheaper so it's one of the few things in life I'd totally recommend.
Old 11th August 2010, 20:39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursula
I buy everything (except food) on ebay- clothes, books, cds, even most of my furniture and I've never had any problems. It's great not having to go in shops anymore and it's much cheaper so it's one of the few things in life I'd totally recommend.
same here it's so much easier than messing about with shops and most of the stuff is loads cheaper than shops and they even bring it straight to your front door.
Old 11th August 2010, 20:41

I mainly used it for buying vinyl records over the years. Largely its been fine and worked out well but the one or two problems I have had, have been with people incorrectly grading records.
Old 11th August 2010, 20:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rane
I mainly used it for buying vinyl records over the years. Largely its been fine and worked out well but the one or two problems I have had, have been with people incorrectly grading records.
I used to go to record fayres in the late 90s/early 2000s, spending ages digging through boxes for interesting records and CDs but eBay kinda stopped that as it was so much easier searching for specific records just by typing titles in.

But obviously you can't inspect the records beforehand which can cause problems as you say.

I recently bought a Lady Gaga picture disc which now sits nicely next to Mike Oldfield's 1973 Tubular Bells picture disc.
Old 11th August 2010, 21:49

Mood
Musical

Cheers for the advice i have signed up so hopefully i'll buy what i'm after
Old 11th August 2010, 22:00

I find ebay great for things like books, the only problem I've had with it is that it's very addictive! (I really need to curb my browsing on that site in times of boredom ). I'm wary about buying high value items, or things like electrical goods, but otherwise it's been very useful.

I'd like to be able to sell a few small things, just used books for university and the like, but all the fees involved wouldn't make it very worthwhile for me, I don't think, which is a shame. Greedy ebay! I'll just stick to buying for now.
Old 11th August 2010, 22:04

Mood
Mellow

I've been an eBay user for over 10+ years for buying and selling items, I've never had any problems and only received one bad rating because I forgot to pack a spare part with the item I sold. It's common sense really, be aware of bidders/sellers with low or negative ratings initially for example (though the majority are fine from experiences).

It's amazing how many people are put off by a few minority of bad stories.
Old 11th August 2010, 22:19

Thumbs up Re: Ebay users?

I think eBay is fantastic I have not had any problems with it at all and I have been using it for many years. Dive in mate you won't regret it.

Sparks.
Old 11th August 2010, 22:19

Mood
Musical

Quote:
Originally Posted by afx

Yes i agree with you there thats why i guess i haven't used it before.... but gonna try it now though...
Old 11th August 2010, 22:28
Banned (at own request)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afx

and i was one of them . i had an internet connection for over 4 years before i tried ebay and i was kicking myself afterwards for not using it for all those years
Old 11th August 2010, 23:29

Mood
Spooky

great for buying, not so good for selling, its a great platform unfortunately its ran by ebay who also own paypal who together rip everybody off, if you want to sell stuff consider gumtree.

Due to ebay's huge popularity it offers an enormous range of stuff so i can't knock it from a buyers point of view
Old 12th August 2010, 00:48

Mood
Crappy

almost everything I have bought from it has been a peice of crap Trev! Including mobiles that give up after 2 weeks and broken cameras, if you are thinking of buying your mobile from here, don't do it!
Old 12th August 2010, 00:50

Mood
Crappy

I have to say I have had the odd nice item of clothing but I find it reaally is pot luck, it seems to be electricals that I have had probs with.
Old 12th August 2010, 13:30

I signed up in 2000 and don't use it that often but haven't had many problems when I have. Good luck Trev!
Closed Thread