SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 8th October 2018, 17:55

Default Re: Bleedn' Kids!!

It depends on the kid. I've met 12-year-olds who are more thoughtful, sensitive and mature than most adults. And I've known little children whose company I prefer to that of grown ups. Not having any children in my life is an immense sadness to me. I have none of my own, and neither does my sister, though she is married. It would be great to read them Roald Dahl, etc. Some kids are repulsive, but then they'll probably grow into repulsive (and successful) adults.
Old 8th October 2018, 18:58

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienna
Oi this is turning into the 'lovely kids' thread!
Bugger off with your swooning

Kids are horrible

I'm just sticking my head in here to say you've got support on anti-kids

I just had to shuffle my work holidays around to make sure they miss half term, that was almost a complete disaster if I'd wanted to actually leave the house! (even though I'll probably spend all week at home)

I do know a few others my age who really couldn't think of anything worse than children, its about 80% male though
Old 8th October 2018, 19:30

Mood
Shoveit

One of the best and worst aspects of children is their ability to tear down everything in adult life we are told to want or adhere to with a simple and honest tone, usually in the form of a self sustaining structure of ' but why?'. Brilliant and infuriating in equal measure.
Old 8th October 2018, 21:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggs The Terrible
One of the best and worst aspects of children is their ability to tear down everything in adult life we are told to want or adhere to with a simple and honest tone, usually in the form of a self sustaining structure of ' but why?'. Brilliant and infuriating in equal measure.
What's happened then?
Old 8th October 2018, 21:11

Mood
Shoveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbs16
What's happened then?
Nothing's happened just saying like
Old 8th October 2018, 21:14

^ Oh okay
Old 8th October 2018, 23:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggs The Terrible
True. The older and smarter my kid gets, the harder it is not to respond with 'because I said so'.
Old 9th October 2018, 15:40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic
I'm just sticking my head in here to say you've got support on anti-kids

I just had to shuffle my work holidays around to make sure they miss half term, that was almost a complete disaster if I'd wanted to actually leave the house! (even though I'll probably spend all week at home)

I do know a few others my age who really couldn't think of anything worse than children, its about 80% male though
Do you mean you took annual leave at half term when a parent wanted it ,to look after their kids? Haha, I've not actually done that as i have no idea when half terms are, but if i did and a parent wanted to swap it with me , i don't think i'd give it to them.
Like why are they more important? Get a baby sitter, oh whats that, its too expensive? yeah , kids are.

Makes me smile when parents have to take their leave just to look after their kids at half terms, heres me, i can take ANY week i want off!
Old 9th October 2018, 16:11
Membrane

Quote:
Do you mean you took annual leave at half term when a parent wanted it ,to look after their kids? Haha, I've not actually done that as i have no idea when half terms are, but if i did and a parent wanted to swap it with me , i don't think i'd give it to them.
Like why are they more important? Get a baby sitter, oh whats that, its too expensive? yeah , kids are.

Makes me smile when parents have to take their leave just to look after their kids at half terms, heres me, i can take ANY week i want off!

^You seem to actively detest people with children just because they made different life choices than you, that just seems cruel.

Don't you hate it when the kids are off school and you have time off?
Old 9th October 2018, 16:58

^^ Seems a bit harsh if you ask me, if they needed it due to child care problems, or just to spend time with their children it seems unfair to take the holiday when you don't have great need for it.

I'm not saying the world has to revolve around working parents but it must be extremely different unless you have help from a family member, or friend.
Old 9th October 2018, 19:14

Mood
Alienated

Quote:

I'm basically silently banned from having much time off when the kids are off because were only a small company, outside of term time I can do whatever I want.

To be fair though I don't want time off when its term time anyway as you can't step foot outside without swarms of the little buggers, they are doing my head in playing football down next doors drive, I swear that ball has hit my car

We've taken on an apparentice at work, hes 16..I think he might be my lower limit ..in small doses
Old 9th October 2018, 19:42

Mood
Cynical

^ Yeah taking time off work during school holidays seems like the worst time to do it if you don't have children because it will be busy everywhere! Better to leave those weeks for parents to take off. (Also I know looking after children can be really stressful but I kind of hope that people want to spend at least some time with their kids when they're off school.)
Old 9th October 2018, 20:47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Chin
^You seem to actively detest people with children just because they made different life choices than you, that just seems cruel.

Don't you hate it when the kids are off school and you have time off?
Couldn't care less if it makes me look cruel , some people don't like wasps , some don't like dogs, I don't like noisy kids and their entitled parents.

If I had time off when kids were off I wouldn't even notice them. There's no kids in our street, I'd avoid going into town, I'd be out exploring the remote and quiet countryside while kiddies are stuck on their computer games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbs16
^^it seems unfair to take the holiday when you don't have great need for it.
But who says I don't have need for it, I might have a holiday booked or need that week to look after a sick parent....
Old 9th October 2018, 21:06

Well if that was the case you are entitled to it. But if you're doing it just to be awkward then that doesn't seem very fair.
Old 1st December 2018, 17:40
Banned

I was walking along the street and it was 'picking up kiddiewinks from school' time.
This bloke and 3kids were in front of me, I was trying to get past them but I couldn't. I thought Lord shoot me now.
Finally there was a small gap so I quickly tried to squeeze past but then kid , not watching where he's going, got in my way again and I ended up bumping into him.
I said 'what the fk are you doing???!!! .....in my head.
The dad said 'josh say sorry to that lady you bumped into!'
He did but Christ, my anxiety levels went right up.
Swear to God I have kid phobia.
Couldn't walk away fast enough
Old 1st December 2018, 19:57

Mood
Cynical

^ What is it that scares you so much about kids?
Old 1st December 2018, 22:34

It takes kids ages to learn how to co-ordinate their movements at the same time as paying attention to what other people are doing. It's so frustrating. I'm constantly telling my kid to look where he's going, and now instead of just walking head first into strangers, when he sees someone walking towards him now he just stops in his tracks and stares at them like they're a wild animal. Just move to other side of the pavement, bawbag (is what I say in my head). Supermarkets are the worst, he's five years old (a big five year old...) and I still plonk him in the trolley whenever possible. He's just completely oblivious to everything around him.
Old 2nd December 2018, 07:31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
^ What is it that scares you so much about kids?
Everything.
Especially the high pitched squeels.
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:23

Mood
Tired

I was shopping in a bookshop at the weekend,. one of those ones with a coffee shop in it etc.

so this little kid had been allowed to empty out a huge box of toys onto the floor and was playing with all these toys on a large area, right in front of all the bookshelves,

in cases like that, I just think the parents should really be saying,. "no,. not here Tarquin,."
but no,. little Tarquin comes first, and those nasty big adults will need to shop elsewhere if they want to buy stuff,... aww bless
Old 13th March 2019, 18:30

Mood
Lonely

Question Re: Bleedn' Kids!!

Bleedn'? So they aren't just bloody kids?
Old 16th August 2019, 19:06

I usually prefer them under the age of 6...
Old 16th August 2019, 20:02

Mood
Cynical

^ Sounds like good parenting to me! (That aisle of doorbells sounds so fun.)

I was in a shop today and there was a woman with a toddler and an older child and she was so calm in dealing with them. The toddler was making noises and waving his arms about, as they do, and the older child was asking questions and running about looking at things and then burst into tears loudly when the Mum told him they weren't going to a particular person's house and she hardly batted an eye! Just dealt with them calmly and got on with what she was doing. Maybe it comes with a few years of practice
Old 4th October 2019, 17:25

Bleeding 8 year old play ground bullies. So utterly boring. Their little gangs. Yawn.