SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 13th July 2019, 19:50

Mood
Relaxed

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

Had a bit of a headache since last night.
Old 14th July 2019, 02:25
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

Dread and anger and love! Ended up drinking again tonight. I was dancing in front of stage with random women. In the moment, I just thought it was awesome but looking back and remembering people with their phones out, I feel sad and disappointed with people.

Its impossible to be yourself in this world.
Old 14th July 2019, 11:54

Frustrated
Old 14th July 2019, 12:17
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

^ ditto
Old 14th July 2019, 12:56

I feel crap today. I've been to two barbeques, two days in a row and the social effort required has drained me. I didn't even drink as I've given up so I can't blame a hangover, it's a bit of slight sunstroke, social fatigue and overeating.
Now I can't think of a compelling reason to even get up. It's too hot to do anything anyway.
Old 14th July 2019, 20:54

Dads taken the dog back and i'm missing her already
Old 14th July 2019, 22:19

Mood
Lonely

^
Old 14th July 2019, 22:26

Thanks, Dimps
Old 15th July 2019, 07:28

Mood
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consolida
I'm glad that your first CBT appointment went relatively okay and that the Counsellor was nice even if the sessions are going to mean that you will have to have a little time off work each week. You would think that your Employer would want their employees to have Counselling if it means that they might take less time off work in the future due to stress related issues and hence be a more productive member of the workforce!

I've suffered with a lot of very unpleasant anxiety symptoms but fortunately depersonalisation isn't one of them although it's something that my husband occasionally experiences. I have read that it's one of those symptoms that even the so called professionals don't fully understand so it's much easier for them to fob it off and focus on other issues. It does sound as if it serves as a kind of coping mechanism for some people when their stress levels are high...

Folk stealing your lunch can't help matters!
Thanks Consolida. I'll try and focus on the task at hand and this specific therapist. I think the process just brought up some stuff from the past about not feeling listened to about my own mh problems and pushed into doing things one way without being given all the information. Tbh I think the higher ups in the company would be OK with the appointments, I'm just really scared it'll be gossiped about and held against me by my colleagues, team leader and manager, which I know isn't really rational (like they might well gossip but I know that shouldn't stop me from doing it).

Oh and I found my lunch, pushed to the back of the fridge, so that was a needless strop I threw!
Old 15th July 2019, 21:21

Me too Ethel. It's the pits. Feel better.

Oh no biscuits. Hope your cat is OK, and the vet can just give her something that'll make her better.
Old 15th July 2019, 21:29

^^^ I hope that your cat will be okay Biscuits x

In the past, one of my cats was struggling to urinate and appeared to be in a lot of discomfort when she tried. When we took her to the Vets she was diagnosed with Cystitis - a urinary tract infection. A course of antibiotics cleared it up, although it was an absolute nightmare trying to get the pills down her daily!! Apparently even just a change in diet or stress can sometimes cause Cystitis (my cat had just returned home from a week in the cattery).

While being unable to urinate is a medical emergency it doesn't necessarily mean that your cat has something that can't be quickly sorted out with a course of Antibiotics or an Anti-inflammatory medication. I very much hope that this is the case with your cat Biscuits.
I know how awful it is when they are poorly and they can't understand that by taking them to the Vets we are doing everything in our power to make them well again.
Old 15th July 2019, 21:33
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Hope your cats ok biscuits

We've had a few cats at the sanctuary unable to wee/passing blood it's always been cystitis or kidney stones (sorted by pills rather surgery). Hopefully it'll be easy to sort out.
Old 16th July 2019, 02:11

Ah, I don't know why I felt the need to add that Cystitis is a urinary tract infection in my post above. I wasn't implying that you don't know what Cystitis is Biscuits, of course you do. I just seem to have this extremely annoying habit of always waffling and giving way too much unnecessary advice and information

Anyway, please let us know how puss is
Old 16th July 2019, 02:44

^ You shouldn't doubt yourself, all the advice you give is very informative and you are kind, we all appreciate the time to take to respond to questions on the forum.
Old 16th July 2019, 11:35

^ I'm not sure about that, but thank you for being so lovely newbs x
Old 16th July 2019, 19:13
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Have a horrible knot in my stomach because it really is crunch time for this relationship.
Old 16th July 2019, 21:22

Mood
Musical

^ my sisters cat is on special food for her Kidneys but she is quite old now, how old is your cat biscuits? if you don't want to tell no worries i think the older the cat gets sometimes the kidneys act up as when my mum had cats they too had kidney probs when they got older...

I'm feeling quite positive at the mo but still can't get motivated to sort stuff in the garden and i need to rearrange a few things in the kitchen but where to start in the biggest hurdle... made some steps today had to use the phone twice to arrange to take my car in for a service and had to arrange for some blood tests at the docs but the nurse is away at the mo so gotta phone back in a week or two but i did it... thats a big thing i dread is using the phone!
Old 16th July 2019, 21:24

@ Biscuits - Aw, I'm so glad that your cat is going to be okay - what a fright though! (I hope your mum is feeling better today too)

I'm sure she will be fine now she has some medicine

I was advised to feed my cat special dietary food, but do you think she would eat it?! She continued to have Felix like her siblings.
Old 16th July 2019, 21:47

@ T - Well done on making those phone calls It's something that I also find particularly difficult to do so I know how relieved you must have felt afterwards

@ D1662 - All the very best with your difficult decision. A break up is never easy for either person but life is far too short to be in a relationship that isn't right for you (or your partner) and is causing you so much unhappiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by something55
i sat in the gardens of the abbey in tewksbury the other day and cried. there was this old tree that gave some much needed shade and a breeze through its branches. i walked over and around the edge of the soil ring beneath it . taking slow and deliberate steps. once i'd done a full circle i looked down at my feet to see two feathers lying there. i took them along with a leaf from the tree to place in one of my previous drawing books i used to doodle in. i feel less bogged down and can relax when taking deep breaths which i'm grateful for.
I'm sorry to hear that you were feeling so sad something55
Your beautiful description of sitting in Tewksbury Abbey gardens with nature all around you conjured up such a peaceful image for me and reminded me a little of 'The Peace of Wild things' by Wendell Berry:

"When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free"

Nice eh
Old 17th July 2019, 07:23

^ Melangell sounds like you've done a wonderful job the last few days as an aunty and they'll look back on you with fondness. And they've learnt that the size of someone's car or whatever isn't important in the scheme of things. I can't remember where your sister leaves.. was it abroad somewhere? If not then could this be the start of more regular contact with them maybe?
Old 17th July 2019, 10:45
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^

Glad your cats ok biscuits
Old 17th July 2019, 10:48
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

anxious, stopped of at the library on my way to volunteering at cgl. Hate this kind of anxiety. least I don't have to go to there sodding team meeting today

I'm covered in horsefly bites an all. One bugger bit me repeatedly up at MIND yesterday, till someone manage to kill it for me. Awful night of itchiness and soreness.
Old 17th July 2019, 13:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea
I'm about to go away for a few days, visiting extended family.
First event is a dinner with fifteen of us. Maybe knowing about that in advance will help me through a noisy but cheerful evening after a tiring day.
I'll be able to look in here but can't post; I wish everyone well and hope the weather and life is kind to you all.
I shall return. xx
Have a lovely time away Galatea
Shall look forward to hearing how it went on your return
Old 17th July 2019, 20:08
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Utterly depressed
I left school 17 years ago and in many ways I'm still the same pathetic child that I was back then.
How did it all go so wrong?
Old 17th July 2019, 22:24

^ Please don't be so hard on yourself D. Even since joining this forum you've come such a long way. Life can change at any moment and sometimes for the better

Very stressed
It's the night before my 16 year old goes away on a school trip - need I say more. I'm going to miss the argumentative lil so and so while he's gone
Old 18th July 2019, 00:03

Mood
Musical

biscuits - Do you have many pets?

Thanks yes it takes me awhile to pluck up the courage to use the phone having several scenories playing around in my bed gggrr

Consolida - Thanks yes so so relieved when i done it... its just plucking up the courage of doing it is the main problem i have and when its all over i say why i'm i worried in the first place!
Old 18th July 2019, 20:56

Tired , in bed feeling sorry for myself.
Old 18th July 2019, 21:14

^ Me too newbs
Hope you feel better soon x

@ Biscuits Yep he is a good un' but of course I'm a tad biased

Missing my son who is away on a school trip terribly and the other half is playing PC games so I've taken a Lorazepam and gone to bed.
Old 19th July 2019, 12:44

I'm either stressed and anxious or comfortable but depressed. Not sure which I prefer.
Old 19th July 2019, 15:31

Sad and a bit worthless. I've not moved away from the area that I grew up in and that should mean I have loads of school friends still here. However I didn't have many friends at school and those I did have weren't deep friendships. But my mrs was at the same school and knows the same people, she actually works with one of them and sees her socially etc. So when something happens (today, funeral of a parent of someone from school) I'm not oblivious to it, but also not comfortable having involvement in doing the whole pub thing etc. Its like I'm a loose thread that would be better cut off but that never happens.