SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 3rd April 2015, 16:52

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (30)

My nose hasn't stopped streaming all day.
Old 3rd April 2015, 16:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Huntsbach
Yeah, the end of August. Probably going to head out a week or two early to do dumb tourist stuff. So only 4 months of potato trimming, hopefully won't develop a hunch back.

Shouldn't the employer provide you with a chair or stool to prevent that.
Old 3rd April 2015, 16:54

Possibly, I think I'm going to go and make enquiries at another agency on my next run of days off. This one pays quite well though when you add weekend premium!

I think potatoes are, like, the national food of Peru so I won't be getting away from them. They'll probably be a bit fresher though. And it's conservation work mainly - monitoring animal populations and replanting deforested areas, but they also work on community building projects and help set up farms for local people and stuff.

And a chair wouldn't really work with the way everything is set up. It's hard to describe it but it would probably be more uncomfortable.
Old 3rd April 2015, 17:02

mind-blown

is that a "feeling"? meh, whatever. right now i just need a distraction so i'm going to post here for a bit. and i'm even intending on making normal posts instead of just weird, random, esoteric stuff.

though, through all the awful madness in my life atm i've managed to get back on track with my training stuff. back lifting, running, etc. plus i had an interview for an awesome job on my base that would pay a hell of a load more than what i'm on now. i'm even fairly convinced that i'm going to be offered it as the interview went great. fingers crossed. if i do get it through it's not for the faint of heart. it would involve a month's training on a base that's miles away from here and i'd be living there and training with squaddies and RAF guys and stuff. but whatever, i want to take a risk and change my life for the better.
Old 3rd April 2015, 18:42

Mood
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.
Sorry you're feeling low CC

I think you should try and go for it
Thanks. Still thinking about it. Really want to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna.
I doubt he would think you were weird for asking him to for a drink. If he's tried to kiss you before its unlikely he will say no unless he has other plans, so go for it maybe meet up in public though so you can get away if things do happen to feel a bit awkward? But that depends how you feel about the meeting in public part! You'll probably beat yourself up more for not trying than for asking him and seeing what happens.
Thanks Luna. Felt a bit bad about what happened at Christmas, but as with anything, it's easier to just avoid talking about it, kind of bothered me that there were so many people about though. I do really like him, but then there's the fact that I haven't really had a social life for 16 years and also does he like me or was he just drunk? Might try texting him later asking whether he wants to do something and just say if he doesn't, then it's fine or something.
Old 3rd April 2015, 19:07

^^ Good luck with it, Custard. I'm sure he'll be interested, but if not, he's the one missing out.

If I were gonna attempt to get literary about it, I'd say I'm feeling a little like I've taken my very first clarifying breath of crisp air seeping through a newly formed crack in a bell jar. But I'm not, so I'll just say I'm pretty alright for once.
Old 3rd April 2015, 20:49

Feeling fed up, back to work tomorrow after 2 and half weeks off
Old 3rd April 2015, 21:01

Quote:
Work has gotten really bad recently. They brought in new rules that say agency staff can't do certain jobs so it seems like I'm permanently trimming - spending more or less 12 hours in isolation standing over a conveyor belt that's about 3 foot off the ground (I'm about 6 foot tall so it's murdering my back) slicing the rotten and generally shit-looking bits out of potatoes that endlessly stream past so that the hash browns served at a major fast foot chain look slightly more edible than they actually are. It's the combination of being isolated and not having to think about the work that's the worst part. Of course my minds going to wander, of course I'm going to spend 12 hours thinking about all of the things that make me depressed…
I wonder why the conveyor belt is so low down. Seems bloody stupid that.
Old 3rd April 2015, 22:06

Mood
Tired

A little fatigued, and under the weather.
Old 3rd April 2015, 22:12

Feeling like i have reeeeturned
Old 3rd April 2015, 22:28

Shitty and depressed.
Old 3rd April 2015, 22:35

^ Feel better, Z.

^^ Nice to see ya, Craig. Though we've not got any easter eggs going spare if that's your reason for return.
Old 3rd April 2015, 22:52

^^ Through my detective skills I've dertimined that you're Kley! In which case I hope you feel better soon bud.

^ Thanks man! I was thinking more about a crate... (yes I am still beating that dead horse <3)
Old 3rd April 2015, 23:33

Depressed and lonely.

I hope you all feel better soon.
Old 4th April 2015, 00:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribou
I wonder why the conveyor belt is so low down. Seems bloody stupid that.
Because for some reason the three people who do that job on the other three shifts happen to be very short women, for some reason. It's not actually that the belt is too low, it's that the platform I stand on has been raised to accommodate the unusually short average height of the workforce.
Old 4th April 2015, 02:06

Quote:
Because for some reason the three people who do that job on the other three shifts happen to be very short women, for some reason. It's not actually that the belt is too low, it's that the platform I stand on has been raised to accommodate the unusually short average height of the workforce.
Oh I see. Sounds like a really miserable job. Feel sorry for you
Old 4th April 2015, 08:58

Being off work and then in again has really messed up my routine. I can't stop yawning.
Just today in then off until Tuesday then off Wednesday. I don't feel at all rested, just zombie like.
Old 4th April 2015, 09:04

I've still got this bloomin' cold, was going to go for another ride today but I'm thinking it's going to be best to cancel and hopefully recover enough for tomorrow.

I really wanted to do as much cycling as possible this weekend but that's being taken away from me by illness, this cold is really annoying from yesterday I just haven't stopped sneezing and my nose is running constantly, and this morning my eyes are running quite a lot too (but I don't actually feel too bad it's just become impractical to do anything with all the liquids coming out me body, I'm surprised I haven't dehydrated away already).
Old 4th April 2015, 09:22

^Wrap yourself in a blanket, watch something awful on TV and have some soup
Old 4th April 2015, 09:35

apathetic

would have been comforting to have at least one reply to my last post in this thread : /
Old 4th April 2015, 10:01

Mood
Bored

^ Hope you are ok.
Old 4th April 2015, 10:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellotiger
^Wrap yourself in a blanket, watch something awful on TV and have some soup

That's what I should do but, the weather's starting to look nicer and I'm already wondering if a ride is possible this afternoon (I think I may be rather obsessed with my bike rides).
Old 4th April 2015, 10:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt von Schleicher
mind-blown

is that a "feeling"? meh, whatever. right now i just need a distraction so i'm going to post here for a bit. and i'm even intending on making normal posts instead of just weird, random, esoteric stuff.

though, through all the awful madness in my life atm i've managed to get back on track with my training stuff. back lifting, running, etc. plus i had an interview for an awesome job on my base that would pay a hell of a load more than what i'm on now. i'm even fairly convinced that i'm going to be offered it as the interview went great. fingers crossed. if i do get it through it's not for the faint of heart. it would involve a month's training on a base that's miles away from here and i'd be living there and training with squaddies and RAF guys and stuff. but whatever, i want to take a risk and change my life for the better.

Taking a risk to make a big change in my life is something I used to always dream of doing (like working away from my home (on an oil rig or in the army or something like that, or maybe doing something like Pablo), to me it's kind of the SA sufferers dream to start again somewhere else and make things right this time.

Hope this all works out for you
Old 4th April 2015, 11:33

Not good.
Old 4th April 2015, 11:59

Mood
Tired

^

I'm feeling a little sad myself. It's like I don't feel like I'm doing enough to prove my negative thoughts wrong.
Old 4th April 2015, 14:36

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt von Schleicher
mind-blown

I think you'll enjoy it. Nerve racking no doubt but the training really builds a good commarderie and you can forge friendships quickly through shared experiences and hardships. What would you be doing exactly?
Old 4th April 2015, 14:58

Mood
Sad

Anxious, low, paranoid and tearful. Had another load of panic attacks yesterday and still shaking now.
Old 4th April 2015, 15:00

Mood
Tired

^ Hope you feel better soon.
Old 4th April 2015, 15:22

Mood
Sad

^ Thanks Dayvan Cowboy. Got to weather the storm and wait for the antidepressants to kick in.
Old 4th April 2015, 15:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custard_cream
^ Hope you are ok.
thank you

i'm doing okay, i guess. just having to take a lot of stuff on board. i may well get around to talking about it on here but it's all so fast paced and erratic atm : /

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy
Taking a risk to make a big change in my life is something I used to always dream of doing (like working away from my home (on an oil rig or in the army or something like that, or maybe doing something like Pablo), to me it's kind of the SA sufferers dream to start again somewhere else and make things right this time.

Hope this all works out for you
thanks man

yeah i hope it works out. it's just i'm at a point where i'm tired of the job i have now, i've done the best i could with it, i've developed as much as i can and i want to move on. and the fact that this job is on the same base means that it's not like a total upheaval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplodocus
I think you'll enjoy it. Nerve racking no doubt but the training really builds a good commarderie and you can forge friendships quickly through shared experiences and hardships. What would you be doing exactly?
yeah i'm going to try and be as positive about it as possible. it's training that i have to get through and pass otherwise i can't have the job so i'm going to put everything into it. the job i'm going for is in the armory and it'll involve some repair work and servicing on the guns and stuff. i think the training is like basic arms training but more thorough.
Closed Thread