SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 18th February 2010, 23:33

Default If a girl says you're 'too sweet'...

...is that a good or bad thing if you fancy them? Would any of the girls on here use that phrase to describe their partners? Or does that indicate that a guy is trying too hard to please and needs to be more assertive or do something to make the girl passionate about her?

This is a question that's been bugging me for a while and I'd like to know what people on here think...
Old 18th February 2010, 23:40

Mood
Sad

Default Re: If a girl says you're 'too sweet'...

That`s really hard to know without being there to see the body language or hear how they say it. If it`s an american-ised "oh you`re TOO sweet!" (as in too sweet for your own good etc) accompanied by other flirty signs then it could be part of a come on. On the other hand,if it`s said with even a hint of criticism or patronisation then it`s likely to be a negative in that they see you in a "sweet" friend/brother role.
Old 18th February 2010, 23:40

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
...is that a good or bad thing if you fancy them? Would any of the girls on here use that phrase to describe their partners? Or does that indicate that a guy is trying too hard to please and needs to be more assertive or do something to make the girl passionate about her?

This is a question that's been bugging me for a while and I'd like to know what people on here think...

Difficult to say without knowing the context it was said in but if she didn't giggle excitedly after saying it I'd assume it probably meant 'You're really nice but...' Unfortunately I'd say that would mean she would consider you as more of a friend type than a bf type.

But what do I know I'm just a guy
Old 18th February 2010, 23:46

Ah, I should've added then - it was in a text so no body language, but I didn't get any sense of criticism or patronisation...
Old 19th February 2010, 04:04

It's hard to read what people mean in texts. If it was me I'd probably think negative even if it was meant positive but that's just me.
Old 19th February 2010, 04:38

Oh yes, attempting to decipher the tone of a text is truly an exhaustive exercise which invariably ends up with you going absolutely cuckoo
Old 19th February 2010, 05:32

Mood
Musical

Would this be before or after she's blown you?
Old 19th February 2010, 18:07

It means you are a wuss.
Old 19th February 2010, 18:59

^ Kind of what I suspected!

I know it was meant as a compliment, I just wanted to find out whether people thought it was a friendly one or otherwise... and as for the context, she was playing and singing in front of an audience for the first time and to try and calm her nerves, I sent her a jokey text describing how well she'd be received and comparing her to Susan Boyle
Closed Thread