SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 16th November 2017, 22:59
Banned at own request

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

^ like a grumpy hedgehog.
Old 16th November 2017, 23:13

Mood
Shoveit

^ do want me to Tickle your belly? I've hear hedgehogs like this...the little freakados
Old 16th November 2017, 23:14

Mood
Shoveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
that made me chuckle.

Hope you're feeling a bit better today, Miggs.
Thanks, you lovely lady
Old 16th November 2017, 23:15
Co-Administrator

Mood
Fine

A bit nothingey. I felt quite good the s'morning volunteering. This afternoon I fell asleep and this evening I've been mellow watching TV and reading.
Old 16th November 2017, 23:17

Really rather rubbish. It's very difficult for me to cope with feeling so low because I don't normally get like this. It makes me worry and I was getting panicky earlier because I can't stop feeling like this. I'm hoping that it's just because my face aches (face ache has face ache rahaha) so much from sinusitis that I feel so dreadful. It's making it difficult to sleep and to relax. Hopefully when this goes then my mood will go back to normal. Gahhhh.
Old 16th November 2017, 23:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt
**** me and my stupid ****ing life.
I hope these negative feelings go away because they are stopping you from seeing all of the good things about yourself and your life. Feel better soon Merrit

Feeling very stressed. I seldom go out on my own these days but I did this evening and I didnít enjoy it one little bit. It was only to the shops to look for a birthday gift for my teen but I found it a real struggle being away from home on my own and surrounded by strangers. I donít know how Iíve allowed myself to become like this as I used to find it easier.
Going into shops that were mostly aimed at young people was particularly intimidating. I bet they were thinking ĎWhatís that old bag doing in here, how dare she?!í

I feel like hiding from the world forever
Old 17th November 2017, 00:10

Mood
Shoveit

^ I'm sure they wouldn't think that. You don't look like an old bag in my opinion shops suck at the best of times. I'm sure you're son will appreciate the effort you made muggins. That's what counts.
Old 17th November 2017, 00:31

Mood
Lonely

Thanks for those who replied earlier

to those who are feeling crappy, seems a lot of us lately

Muggins (Autocorrect to Muffins ) you did really well! I imagine shopping at this time of the year is torture for most people so be proud you managed it, I'm sure your son would be!
Old 17th November 2017, 01:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimplesxo
Mortified. I took my dog out for a walk (in the daytime ) and I was wolf whistled at by two builders. I feel they were taking the piss. I had to walk really out of my way to avoid passing them again and the new routes were anxiety inducing as well.
I don't feel I should go out.
You're doing well, so well please don't let these men stop you from going out and walking your dog in the daytime.
Old 17th November 2017, 05:07

So lonely and inadequate. Life just seems to be a chore, its not fun anymore, just one miserable day after another with nothing to look forward to. I have no friends and the one that I did have I messed up and I miss them. I wish I could go back in time and change everything about my life and me. Probably would be a good ideas to not have been born in the first place.
Old 17th November 2017, 07:42

Mood
Happy

lost
Old 17th November 2017, 09:50
Banned at own request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggs The Terrible
^ do want me to Tickle your belly? I've hear hedgehogs like this...the little freakados

Old 17th November 2017, 11:00

^ Cute hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggs The Terrible
^ I'm sure they wouldn't think that. You don't look like an old bag in my opinion shops suck at the best of times. I'm sure you're son will appreciate the effort you made muggins. That's what counts.
Thanks for the kind words Miggs

Quote:
Muggins (Autocorrect to Muffins ) you did really well! I imagine shopping at this time of the year is torture for most people so be proud you managed it, I'm sure your son would be!
Thanks Dimples
I hope you have recovered from yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo
So lonely and inadequate. Life just seems to be a chore, its not fun anymore, just one miserable day after another with nothing to look forward to. I have no friends and the one that I did have I messed up and I miss them. I wish I could go back in time and change everything about my life and me. Probably would be a good ideas to not have been born in the first place.

Iím so sorry that things are looking so bleak for you at the moment. You sound very unhappy
For what itís worth, I would say that you donít need to go back in time to make some positive changes to your life. I think it is possible for you to get some fulfilment from your life now and in the future, but firstly you need to try and show yourself some of the kindness that you show to others

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaxjo
lost
I know that feeling well.
Take care

Particularly struggling today, but hey whatís new!
Old 17th November 2017, 12:25

Quote:
Mortified. I took my dog out for a walk (in the daytime ) and I was wolf whistled at by two builders. I feel they were taking the piss. I had to walk really out of my way to avoid passing them again and the new routes were anxiety inducing as well.
I don't feel I should go out.
aww dimples, they won't be taking the piss. From some other posts you have made it sounds like you're probably pretty and unfortunately that can sometimes get attention when you don't want it. I don't think builders realise how upsetting and intimidating this kind of attention can be, it can feel horrible. I think my general anxiety has improved for things like walking around public places because now I'm older I don't get that kind of attention and it is really a relief I think some men have a misconception that all women love feeling attractive or want male attention, but really, who wants to know a bunch of sweaty old builders think you're sexy? I'll bet most women don't give a toss, you only care if the person you find attractive finds you attractive back..sorry I've gone a bit waffly, it happens now I'm old..

Your post reminded me of a rare bit of gumption I once had, I was cycling past a builders yard & heard a bunch of whistles & comments & as I went past I felt really embarrassed & humiliated. At the time a lot of the men were old enough to be my dad & I imagined how awful I'd feel if my dad behaved like that! Which made me feel a bit brave, so I turned my bike around, cycled back, stopped in front of the entrance & just said "what?" It was quite a good feeling, as they all just looked ashamed and humiliated and couldn't look at me.
Men only behave like this because they think you're moving past so will be gone in a minute, if they're confronted they just crumble.

Don't let them make you feel bad
Old 17th November 2017, 12:27

@ Ichigo, hope you're feeling a bit better xx
Old 17th November 2017, 12:59

I'm feeling cold

and sorry for my pheasant friend who keeps coming back to be fed. I've wondered about trying to catch him & take him to a wildlife rescue centre, but I don't see that they'd be able to do much. I'm feeding him & I don't think they'd try & fix his leg, pheasants are only bred around here to be shot anyway
Old 17th November 2017, 13:32

Mood
Blah

^ What's up?

Feeling much better now the heating is back The pump's buggered but the guy gave it a smack so should hold out until the new one is fitted.
Old 17th November 2017, 14:24
Banned at own request

Feeling quite horrendous today
Old 17th November 2017, 14:38

Mood
Crappy

^

I'm headachey, stomach crampy, unmotivated and stressed. The urge to sleep for a year or more is really rather strong at the moment.
Old 17th November 2017, 14:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine
Feeling quite horrendous today
physically? Or other?
Old 17th November 2017, 14:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooky Monster
^

I'm headachey, stomach crampy, unmotivated and stressed. The urge to sleep for a year or more is really rather strong at the moment.
Hope you feel better soon x
Old 17th November 2017, 14:48

@clementine what's up?
Old 17th November 2017, 14:53
Banned at own request

^ Mostly just female stuff I think, Al How are you doing?

Hope you feel better soon, Kooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinny
physically? Or other?
Both, itís mainly raging hormones and bad cramps. My head is pounding too and Iím crying for some unknown reason
Old 17th November 2017, 15:14

Mood
Shoveit

Quote:

Hahahaha. Touchť Senorita:0
Old 17th November 2017, 15:30

Mood
Question

Lost my new job before I'd even started so feeling pretty shit. Having a criminal record sucks (not blaming anyone other than myself)
Old 17th November 2017, 15:59

Mood
Lurking

^ that sucks sorry to hear that, I hope something suitable for you turns up soon.
Old 17th November 2017, 16:09

Mood
Crappy

Quote:
Hope you feel better soon x
Quote:
Hope you feel better soon, Kooky
Thanks, you two
Old 17th November 2017, 16:17

Mood
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplesnarf
^ that sucks sorry to hear that, I hope something suitable for you turns up soon.
Fingers and toes crossed. I'm going to take some time away from here to evaluate how crap I've made my life and just wallow in self pity
Old 17th November 2017, 16:23
Co-Administrator

Mood
Fine

Totally bloody knackered. Short of ppl at voluntary place, well short of ppl who actually get stuck in. Had to do barn but also had to haul all the mats up, disinfect, brush it all out etc etc.. along with stalls and shelters. Just me and a young girl (who to be fair was brilliant), however the team leader kept sending me off to help with other stuff, one of the ladies had only managed about 1/3 of the fields going down (what I would normally do) so I had to finish up her stuff as well. Thankfully another lady who was in is a long term regular and managed all the shelters and fields going up.

Probably doesn't sound like hard work but it really is (or can be), hauling full, heavy, wheelbarrows through mud is also taxing.

Mostly I enjoy it (and is probably good for me) but some weeks you just think

I don't drink much these days and I'm on a diet but on the way home I stopped and bought a pizza and a bottle of wine. Sod it for tonight
Old 17th November 2017, 17:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
Totally bloody knackered.
I don't drink much these days and I'm on a diet but on the way home I stopped and bought a pizza and a bottle of wine. Sod it for tonight
Enjoy!
Sounds like youíve worked really hard today and you throughly deserve a treat!

Quote:
I'm feeling cold

and sorry for my pheasant friend who keeps coming back to be fed. I've wondered about trying to catch him & take him to a wildlife rescue centre, but I don't see that they'd be able to do much. I'm feeding him & I don't think they'd try & fix his leg, pheasants are only bred around here to be shot anyway
Oh poor thing..
Iím referring to the pheasant although it can include you as well as youíre feeling cold!

Normally I wouldnít think twice about taking a poorly bird to a wildlife rescue place but, like you say, would they go to the effort of fixing his leg if he is going to be released then possibly shot? I hope he isnít in alot of pain though. If heís in a bad way perhaps a humane Ďgoing to sleepí would be preferable to being hunted and shot? Hmm, I dunno Itís very sad and so difficult to know whether to intervene or not when itís wildlife. I think itís lovely that you are feeding him though Jinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by john smith
Pissed off and annoyed.

With anything in particular John or is it just Ďlife?í

@ Clementine and Kooky Monster - feel better soon both of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC
Lost my new job before I'd even started so feeling pretty shit. Having a criminal record sucks (not blaming anyone other than myself)

That sucks - they could have at least given you a chance.

I hope a job comes up that turns out to be better for you than the one you didnít get would have been. Does that make any sense!