Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 16th August 2017, 21:32

Default Listening to this reduces anxiety by 65%

https://www.inc.com/melanie-curtin/n...5-percent.html

Quote:
So here's a science-backed one: make a playlist of the 10 songs found to be the most relaxing on earth.

Sound therapies have long been popular as a way of relaxing and restoring one's health. For centuries, indigenous cultures have used music to enhance well-being and improve health conditions.

Now, neuroscientists out of the UK have specified which tunes give you the most bang for your musical buck.

The study was conducted on participants who attempted to solve difficult puzzles as quickly as possible while connected to sensors. The puzzles induced a certain level of stress, and participants listened to different songs while researchers measured brain activity as well as physiological states that included heart rate, blood pressure, and rate of breathing.

According to Dr. David Lewis-Hodgson of Mindlab International, which conducted the research, the top song produced a greater state of relaxation than any other music tested to date.

In fact, listening to that one song -- "Weightless" -- resulted in a striking 65 percent reduction in participants' overall anxiety, and a 35 percent reduction in their usual physiological resting rates.
Old 17th August 2017, 20:16

Default Re: Listening to this reduces anxiety by 65%

I've added this to my spotify, might be this playlist:
https://open.spotify.com/user/122670...yFqwPUoqnacdAZ
Old 17th August 2017, 20:23

I listened to Weightless a couple of times last night and decided to buy it on CD from Amazon, not sure it made me feel any more relaxed listening to it at the time but I'm hoping under the right conditions I can use it to relax a bit.

Also it kind of makes me think of John Carpenter film scores or films like The Hitcher, not sure if that's the desired effect but I do like atmospheric electronic music in films.
Old 17th August 2017, 22:29

its worth a try. I've never seen those films, I'll have to have a look for that- sounds interesting.