SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 17th September 2017, 13:13

Mood
Torn

Default Re: What job would you really love?

I would like to own a Hot Chocolate Cafe that serves all kinds of amazing flavours; it would double as a second hand bookshop with a reading room so that people could just relax and spend time in a peaceful atmosphere and there would be one or two resident cats that would sleep on the shelves.
I would also be writing novels in my spare time which would be made into films.
I already work with animals and although I love my job it barely pays the bills, as is the case for most careers with animals but if money was no impediment I would love to run a wildlife sanctuary.
Old 17th September 2017, 17:03

Mood
Lurking

I would have loved to be a Theatrical Lighting Designer. If I go to the theatre I usually end up watching the stage lights rather than the show (sad, I know). But at least I generally know how they have created the mood etc., I just want to see what luminaires they are using for what jobs.

Years ago (over 20) I used to work in a theatre as a technician on the lights & sound, I even designed the lighting for an operetta, Die Fledermaus, it was proper theatre 1200 seats, on 4 levels.
Old 17th September 2017, 17:37

Mood
Insomnious

I guess the only job I've ever envied someone for having is those that work with animals in some way. A ranger at a safari park or a cameraman for a BBC nature documentary. Before Hendrix and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles David Attenborough was my hero as a kid. Still is.
Old 17th September 2017, 18:04

Mood
Mellow

Bed tester (testing different mattresses overnight at home each week).

Admittedly the weekly changeover would be a bit of a hassle, but would still be worth it if the money was good. Can't find any vacancies online though.
Old 18th September 2017, 09:04

Mood
Mellow

^Yeah I can see that being the ideal job for you, LS. It would give you more time to lie in bed and mind meld with the universe while getting paid for it!