SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Mental Health Issues
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 9th October 2017, 12:32

Mood
Lurking

Default I am bi-polar

Hi, I have had a ten year "struggle" with my bi-polar affliction.
I am doing ok I honestly am but I am at a limbo stage where I am neither her nor there. I am trying to get a "proper" job. So I am trying to bide my time and not take the first thing that arises, just so I have beer money.
But I am finding it difficult to bite my tongue with a friend and also my parents, who have never been understanding of me.
My friend doesn't work but gets the maximum benefits money so has more money than I would earn if I worked 40-50 hours a week in my local supermarket. I am heading towards work so I cannot claim, and I do not want to anyway.
Then my mum said something that she thought was appealing to my feelings but was completely wrong. She went "don't go and throw yourself off a cliff, just because you have no money." My blood is starting to boil just thinking about it so I will stop there.
I just need to vent really but tips would be good.
Old 9th October 2017, 23:38

Default Re: I am bi-polar

Hi and welcome. I'm sorry your parents not as understanding as they could be
Can you tell a bit how bipolar affects you? Is it like constant mood swings? Do they happen everyday for a short periods or a bit more rare?