View Single Post
Old 21st February 2018, 20:11

Mood
Fine

Default Re: Travelling the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinny
^ quite possibly, I've done a bit of research, but there doesn't seem much you can do to prevent problems, and there's something quite serious that can happen which can cause deafness (can't remember what exactly!)

However, like I said, my cousin had the same problem, she used to fly a lot with work & it was causing problems so she had to change jobs...but I know she still flies for family holidays, but I've never asked her how she manages or if the Dr. gives her anything. I really should remember to mention it! I'm wondering if the steroid spray I got last time to fix the problem, might prevent it if you used it the week before? The trouble is, if it happens again... there's no getting off a plane! and I'm not up to taking that chance.

You try it neilm, tell me if it works
I may well do that, but Lord knows when Ill next be on a plane mind!!

I just stick to trains for long distance travel within the UK. To be honest it tends to be less stressful than flying nowadays too. I actually get ear pressure issues even when going through tunnels although its never been painful like when flying..

P.S. In relation to serious ear issues on aircraft, an elderly aunt of mine once suffered a burst ear drum on a flight to Canada. She never regained any hearing in her right ear and was left with permanent tinnitus in it. Strangely it didnt stop her from flying afterwards and she never had any problems in her remaining ear!!