View Single Post
Old 10th December 2009, 23:51

Mood
Artistic

Default Re: Where are you in your recovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loner1
i am getting through uni slowly and am capable of the work. but working in groups and the social side is hard. i just try to be relaxed as people may not recognise i am anxious. often how you feel does not show. i was anxious doing a presentation but came across confident and did ok even though i felt realy anxious. SA is often about how you think others will think when they will think nothing at all. rave on SAUK crew i am with you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo1
I care fwiw, and there are lots of good books that can help you but you have to not only read them but follow through and do the exercises in them. Bottom line is you have to work at getting better, but it is so worth it if you do. Cbt is what helped me but there are all sorts of things you can try but you have to keep trying until you find what works for you. Hang in there and keep at it and you will feel sooo much better
Just wanted to say I care too and I agree about not just reading but putting the suggestions in the self help books to work in your life. I counter my thoughts in the TEA forms everyday and it makes a huge difference for me. slow and steady does win the race