View Single Post
Old 26th July 2021, 21:03

Default Re: The Suicide Thread - Trigger Warning

^ There is a great deal about the future which is out of our control and we can feel overwhelmed and helpless if we allow them to occupy our thoughts too much (which, as anxiety sufferers, of course we do!). Yes, things can change (and like you, Merritt, I am dependent on the state) but if we try to live in the present and not worry unduly about the future, it can help. Do you practice mindfulness at all?

The truth about the future (in general) is that one day the world will become uninhabitable and will end, but that isn't likely to happen within any of our lifetimes; of course, climate change (of which we're already seeing the effects) is an issue, but most major governments recognise that and are doing something to slow down / reverse it (even if it isn't enough, right now) so we have to have faith in mankind.

Try not to worry about things which haven't happened yet, although I do know (from personal experience) that this is easier to say than do; I've been in a similar situation to where you are now and all I can tell is that I'm glad I'm still here.