View Single Post
Old 30th December 2020, 17:16

Mood
Tired

Default Re: Cringeworthy Songs

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Longer Human
I chuckled too at the dad dancing too first time (what a deplorable and man mocking term dad dancing is, but that aside).

Watching again though, I was thinking what a brilliant song and raw performance this actually is - reminded me a little of Ian Curtis, always on the edge of expressing the inexpressible, and hunting for some sort of something to convey that.

I read in the comments that he was said by a journalist to be "dancing like no one was watching" and he replied that he was dancing knowing that everyone was.

I think it's good to see what appears to be a genuine dude trying to say something on stage with music - clumsily, awkwardly - rather than some stylised, polished act that usually fits the bill for those chat shows.
I'd agree,.I do find it a very raw, and emotional performance and actually like the song,
But I've always found it a bit scary too, I'm a bit bothered by hearing him physically slap his chest and pull at his clothes,
If he was walking towards me on the pavement doing that I'd cross the road quickly every time.
I appreciate the emotion, but then, it's a bit scary too to be honest,
I couldn't sustain that level of angst for more than a few seconds without at least having a good scream or a blub.