View Single Post
Old 25th May 2022, 12:14

Default Re: I did some social exercises to decrease my level of social anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
That's very good. Did you do that all on one day?
Yes, all in one day. The previous times I greeted some unknown people. 9 years ago I did social exercises but different, mostly "approaching" girls in the street (I don't like this term,because I wasn't interested in going forward in the conversation), just asking "excuse me you attend the university?" or "excuse me, are you single?" just these very difficult challenges. It was useful to increase my motivation in the study and decrease anxiety while I was walking in the street. Anyway 9 years ago I just did it a lot of exercises, but in just 2 days separated by some weeks. After all this time I had lost my "skills" in doing these exercises, so I came back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonkin
That's good. The picture one seems a bit strange though. Isn't it a bit invasive to ask someone if you can take a picture of/with them?
Yes, I think it's a bit invasive probably here in Italy it is a bit invasive, maybe in the USA people are more "extroverted" than here and in the UK (from what I see from youtube experiments, in which in the USA people seem more relaxed) :D Anyway if you ask in a kind way and you don't appear as a weird person, there are no risks. The problems is the perception of negative judgement of people around, and it was so difficult for me that I had to invent that trick of the telephone.