View Single Post
Old 27th April 2024, 23:42

Mood
Alienated

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

^ I hope you manage to get a better night sleep tonight!

At least you had the relief of finding out it was Saturday. It’s definitely worse the other way around - I’ve done that a few times and it’s painful.

————

I’m feeling incredibly embarrassed that I had to go to a Children’s Hospital to have a scan. There’s a huge waiting list at the grown-ups hospital for a particular scan, there was only availablity there. It’s anxiety provoking enough going to a hospital, but sitting on small chairs in a waiting room with toys everywhere with Frozen playing on the tv, and parents with the ‘go anywhere near my kid and I’ll scream’ kind of look, is not a feeling I want to repeat. Oh, except I will, because halfway through the scan the machine broke and now I’ve got to go back again another time

The worst thing was when the doctor called my name, but had no idea they’d be treating an adult. The look on their face when I stood up from the little pink chair was a look I’ve never seen before. In hindsight I should have said something like ‘I’ve had a bit of a growth spurt’.
I feel bad for the doctors because they probably want to work with children, and not strange blokes like me.

The thought of having to go through that again is HORRIFYING