Thread: Driving
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2022, 15:00

Default Re: Driving

I can totally relate Formershyguy.

I passed my test first time at the age of 19 but, years later, I'm still like a nervous inexperienced driver. I avoid motorways like the plague and prefer to take an extra 4 hours to get somewhere by taking the scenic route, although I know it's been proven that country lanes are more dangerous to drive on than motorways.

I've never quite understood how anyone can enjoy driving or find it relaxing as for me it's only ever been a means of getting from A to B. Or to avoid being cooped up with people on public transport. Quite possibly the fact that the roads around my way are jammed packed with aggressive drivers in white vans and souped up Audi's doesn't help matters. I can't tell you how many bad accidents we've only just managed to avoid because of such lunatics!

Recently I've become increasingly dependant on both my husband and even my son driving me places which isn't a good situation at all because my confidence as a driver is declining further. Maybe I should start taking little trips out again. Maybe..