Thread: Driving
View Single Post
Old 20th August 2022, 19:13

Default Re: Driving

I'm seriously considering giving up driving for the sole reason that my car has died, but I don't feel comfortable enough driving anything else.

I've even been trying to find the same model as my old one, but as it's 19 years old and automatic that's proving quite difficult as there's very few left and those that are still about seem to be complete wrecks. I'm not even sure if I would be comfortable with that though.

The thought of driving something else is making me very anxious. For a start modern cars feel like space ships to me, I really don't think I could cope with one. I feel like I would 100% either kill someone, or at the very least cause a considerable amount of damage to some nice old lady's garden wall. And I don't want either of those things on my conscience.

This is probably quite irrational, right? Is it one of those situations where you need to throw caution to the wind and just do it? It feels like there's a lot of very serious risks involved. I was fine with the old car, never had any sort of accident, but anything else is definitely a disaster waiting to happen.

Normal people don't think like this, do they?