View Single Post
Old 4th December 2022, 16:22

Default Re: From The Telegraph: "Man wins legal right to be 'boring' at work"

I remember when I was a about 21 I didn't go to this work do as my social anxiety was much worse during those years. I always felt anxious working there and I was making mistakes because I was too scared to ask for help. My boss tried to help me one time, in a really misguided way to ask me what he could do to make things easier. And he did this by having a word with me in a private office with another colleague.

It was a very lively office and I don't think I was suited to such a working environment. I've worked in many places like warehouses where these environments were just not suitable for me. And the thought of spending more time with these people outside of work just filled me with dread.

Some companies especially if you're a temp I feel can make an excuse to let you go if you're not very outgoing. But they won't come out and say this as I'm sure it would come under unfair dismissal so they will find a PC way of doing it like they don't feel you will pick up the rest of the training or some BS.

Ideally I would prefer to work for myself or from home until I retired.