View Single Post
Old 21st October 2011, 00:12

Mood
Fine

Default Social Anxiety When You Were A Child

As part of my work on the SA treatment guideline I'm going to be part of a working group in a few weeks looking specifically at issues around children with SA..... My own SA goes to back to my childhood, so I have some frame of reference, but I thought it would be useful to hear from others who've experienced SA when they were young so that I can gain greater insight into what it is like for a wider range of people, and hopefully try and make anything we come up with as relevant as possible.

For that reason I wondered if anyone would be willing to share any memories they have of SA thoughts/behaviours as a child, and how it affected them? I have no specific remit as such yet so I'm sorry if that's quite a general question.... I just know were looking at improving case identification and assessment in young children.

I'll try to give feedback after the meetings if at all possible, I just have to be very careful as I am required to keep most of the work I'm involved with confidential until the guideline is actually published. I will however offer thanks to anyone who can contribute, and have a whole array of happy emoticons waiting for anyone who helps! And it might be nice to know that you'll be helping children with SA in the long run, so you should rightly feel an inner glow for making your contribution to that!