View Single Post
Old 6th June 2022, 09:34

Mood
Lucky

Default Re: I did some social exercises to decrease my level of social anxiety

Yeah, I'm not against the challenges. But its more what Dougella said that you have to consider the other people involved and not just see them as objects to help you overcome your issues. They are people too who could have their own issues around being approached.

I don't think there are many more (legal) things that are as intrusive as taking a photo of someone, even if you ask first.

If I was a woman getting asked for this, I'd assume it was some creep who was going to reverse image search me and then track me down online and stalk me.

There are apps and services where you can upload a photo then it will use AI to show all other photos of that person that have ever been uploaded online to the internet and social media, with links to their pages and profiles.

Depending on how threatening I found the person asking, my response would be different. Not everyone feels free to say no.

Maybe go up and ask what they think of the town or if they know a good place to get a coffee or if you can have 10p for a phone call.