View Single Post
Old 7th February 2012, 21:48

Mood
Lurking

Default Re: do you think it is normal to change as a person the older you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 951thompson
yeah i guess it is normal to change but it seem im the only one who is changing out of the people around me, i changed extremely, i do like the things i used to love, feels weird coz i used to get alot of joy from them! but guess y'all guys are right!
Some people are very resistant to change, though. I notice this in quite insular communities where conformity is the order of the day. Maybe this helps close people down to change. In some communities or social circles change is maybe frowned upon, so everyone goes along with the way it's always been. I notice how some people acknowledge that they are changing and growing, but feel they cannot do it fully in their area or social circle. They may then move away and flourish elsewhere.

Funny enough, I noticed this when I trained in counselling. If you really engage in the training you can change a lot. Thing is, some people on counselling courses can end up changing so much that they grow out of relationships and/or friendships they are in and may have been in for years. Significant others can struggle to keep up with the rapid change and can be threatened by it.

Maybe you are simply more open to the change in your life than others around you are to change in their's?