SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 11th October 2021, 14:50

Default Anxiety and dizziness

I was wondering if anyone experiences, motion sickness, nausea and dizziness due to anxiety.

I had dizziness a while ago but put it down to having to be put to sleep for a operation, I've had my eyes tested and that was ok but seems to be getting nausea and dizziness more regularly.

I've googled it, so not sure if I could contact my gp about it but I don't really like bothering them.
Old 11th October 2021, 15:41

Mood
Cynical

Default Re: Anxiety and dizziness

Sometimes an inner ear infection can cause dizziness and nausea, so you might want to get your ears checked just incase.

Anxiety definitely can cause nausea and dizziness though, I usually get nausea before something I'm anxious about and dizziness , it if that makes sense.
Old 11th October 2021, 16:37

Mood
Lonely

I experience quite severe dizziness and nausea, sometimes it feels as though I will literally pass out. Anxiety sucks.
Old 11th October 2021, 17:22

^Did your doctor say what's causing it?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
Old 11th October 2021, 17:23

^^ Thanks, I'll have to see how I get on and night need to go and see the doctor.

Old 11th October 2021, 23:18

Yep! Dizziness and feeling 'spaced out' are the main symptoms of anxiety I get. It's part of the reason I don't drive - I find it hard to concentrate when feeling that way. These days I rarely feel anxious in the way I used to, but I still sometimes have the odd bout of dizziness with no obvious anxiety-related cause.

I've always seen it being down to me having a sort of low threshold for dizziness... which I think may be something I read about once - though I may have made it up.
Old 13th October 2021, 02:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbs16
I was wondering if anyone experiences, motion sickness, nausea and dizziness due to anxiety.

I had dizziness a while ago but put it down to having to be put to sleep for a operation, I've had my eyes tested and that was ok but seems to be getting nausea and dizziness more regularly.

I've googled it, so not sure if I could contact my gp about it but I don't really like bothering them.
I experienced this when I was on keto but apparently keto works best when I’ve is in a low stress state. I also had headaches a lot but I put that down to my previous work place and stress. I wonder if small things like constant dishwater noise and fluorescent lighting contributed to the headaches as I haven’t had them at my new job which I’m sure used led lighting and I’m not constantly around a machine.
Old 13th October 2021, 21:27

Thanks for your replies

Old 13th October 2021, 22:04

Yes! I'd completely forgotten about this. I used to be dizzy quite a bit. I'd often see stars. Just these white flashes pinging around everywhere. I put it down to low blood pressure, feeling tired, and most importantly not eating enough.

Now I eat enough, drink lots of water, get fresh air...and I haven't noticed it happening for well over three years. Well apart from if I get up too quickly sometimes.

It's definitely worth going to the doctor about, so they can check your blood pressure and maybe do a blood test. That way they can see if you have low iron or low blood pressure. Then you can go from there in terms of making any changes needed.
Old 15th October 2021, 23:03

Thank you for your help with this. I'm not too keen on going to the doctors but the nausea seems to be getting worse so I might need to contact them next week