SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 19th September 2023, 21:20

Default Online groups or communities for those on the spectrum?

Hi folks. An old contact is helping someone who is socially isolated, has mental health issues and possible spectrum disorder. I am not sure if they count as socially anxious exactly - my impression with neurodiverse people is that it's not their anxiety that is the issue so much as being let down or not accepted by the neurotypical ones. Anyway, my contact is trying to see if there's any online groups or Facebook groups that might provide this person with a sense of community. I am aware of MIND in England as a starting point. Since my contact said possible spectrum disorder I'm wondering if the person hasn't yet received a formal diagnosis or hasn't recognised it about themselves. Can anyone think of an online community that would be a good match for all sorts of isolated people with mental health issues, but might not be focused on the term spectrum disorder? Thanks in advance for any help, I really appreciate it.
Old 19th September 2023, 21:52

Default Re: Online groups or communities for those on the spectrum?

I've never used them - but these popped up on a google search.

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/side-by-side-our-online-community/

https://www.mentalhealthforum.net/

Hope your friend's friend gets the support they are looking for. Might be worth searching on Facebook too.
Old 20th September 2023, 08:27

Default Re: Online groups or communities for those on the spectrum?

Thanks biscuits. I have registered with Side by Side and will give it the once-over before recommending it.