SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 21st July 2010, 23:53

Default Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

I made a new friend today. I wasn't in a very talkative mood, but tried not to think about it. That certainly helped, because although I wasn't saying much, I was relaxed and therefore was able to laugh and smile a lot so the other people in my company felt good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azi
I was shaky and whatnot, but determined. I'm just so glad I managed to do it.
F*ck yeah! Amazing how some people can get so determined despite fear, when their loved ones are unhappy or threatened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeniX
Spent near 5 hrs in childrens a&e with Thomas. Had couple hrs in waiting room then seen doc and had to wait another few hours to see registra but all sorted in the end. Exhausted but managed to do it on my daily meds and didn't have to touch diazepam
which is normally what I always take in this sort of situation.
Is that your son? Is everything ok?!
Old 25th July 2010, 19:33

Mood
Confused

my parents had the children for the first time and my hubby and I went to Manchester for 2 days. We went out in the evening on Saturday walked around the city, which was very daunting as it was packed with people especially clubbers.

Despite my nervousness and total unease I managed to walk around with out too much distress. I found it very hard with everyone being so obviously social.. drinking dressed for clubs and looking good, but I managed to push past my total insecurity. We ended up at a jazz club which was packed.

I didn't have to engage socially with anyone other than my other half, but the fact he'd managed to get me to actually go into a club was a miracle.

This was my first time in the city and first time in such a crowded environment, although I found it difficult I did it and lived to see another day
small steps....

life begins at thrirty, well it does for me ! oh and my assesment came through from CMH as well. I am trying to look on this as a positive thing that I managed to seek help, just need the courage to see it through now.
Old 27th July 2010, 22:06

Mood
Blah

Well done everyone.

Lol im actually sitting upright using my drawers as a desk. For the first time in a decade im not laying on my bed. I have my laptop to the right of me and im drawing to the left. Just been trying to fix that Kylie Minogue best I can. Now im looking for something else to start drawing..hmm

I'm going to order a drawing/computer desk and a chair. As currently I cant get my legs under..as they are obviously drawers and im using one of those plastic garden chairs with pillows on

Hmm what to draw now..

Oh and my main bedroom light is on..instead of sitting in near darkness..which I think has been adding to my depression.
Old 28th July 2010, 01:36

Good for you
Old 6th August 2010, 23:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love My Cats
I went back to have an aromatherapy back massage for the second time today - and managed to tell the therapist-massagey lady person this time that I was taking medication for my moods - I'd been too embarrassed to admit this to her the last time I went, even though she had said it's important to know what medication people take as some oils could have a bad effect on people . Last time I gulped, said nothing and hoped I wouldn't get big boils or die during or after it! I found it hard to say it, but she was really nice about it and told me she used to have panic attacks which has made me feel really comfortable about going back again, somehow.

Also managed to go into Subway and order a sub for the first time in over 4 months today - there's generally too many questions about what you want and faffing about so I find it stressful, but I managed to get through it today.

glad to hear your still making loads of progress, pround of you heller

Keep smilng
Old 7th August 2010, 02:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love My Cats
Thanks my wee punkly pal I'm proud of you always regardless of whether you've done anything or not - sort of like me watching one of the cats climbing up the shower curtain and clawing holes in it, but still looking on like I'm proud as punch! nah, I'm kidding - you're the bees knees, Sir and sadly you don't yet know it. you need to start getting more positives down here too - I'd still rather believe all the negatives too but hopefully things, they are a-changing
thanks hun , it means a lot to me, soon as I have something positive to post , I'll b sure to post it
Old 10th August 2010, 18:14

well I'm a man of my word.

phoned for a job today after being initially rejected because i lacked the necessary experience I asked lots of questions , asked if there were voluntary positions or opportunities to shadow in order to gain experience , the lady said because she liked my attitude and I sounded like a nice guy she would get me in for an interview to see if they have a suitable paid position that I could fill really proud of myself because I'm usually rubbish at selling myself especially on the phone.
Old 16th August 2010, 16:38

Mood
Blah

Just returned from my 3rd CBT session..3rd one done already

I quite enjoyed this one..we had some laughs and I really like my therapist. I also, at the start of the session had to fill in a bdd related questionnaire..about 30 questions which has made me feel much better about how much she knows about my issues. We also talked about this forum and how i've received positive compliments about avatar pics. Drug abuse..even lsd days when I was a teenager were also talked about. Blankness in my brain that happens all the time (complete blankness..not a single thought). Internet addiction. Also have to keep track of my situations/thoughts/anxiety levels and behaviours on a form all week.

I managed to stay pretty calm all the way through..made good eye contact..and spoke ok. This above everything is what im most happy about. I'd say the first session I went to was a 8/10 for anxiety/stress..the second one a 7 and today a 6..so that is all good.

She's cool though and I think we already get on pretty well. Another small step to a better life.
Old 16th August 2010, 19:00

Mood
Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dog
Just met one of the parents for the first time.

It was the dad and I was pretty nervous about it but think I did ok. Glad it was only for two days/one night though.

Still get really anxious that I am going to get asked some kind of question that will 'expose' me but thankfully it never happens.
Glad it went well J-Dog

Quote:

I quite enjoyed this one..we had some laughs and I really like my therapist. I also, at the start of the session had to fill in a bdd related questionnaire..about 30 questions which has made me feel much better about how much she knows about my issues. We also talked about this forum and how i've received positive compliments about avatar pics. Drug abuse..even lsd days when I was a teenager were also talked about. Blankness in my brain that happens all the time (complete blankness..not a single thought). Internet addiction. Also have to keep track of my situations/thoughts/anxiety levels and behaviours on a form all week.

I managed to stay pretty calm all the way through..made good eye contact..and spoke ok. This above everything is what im most happy about. I'd say the first session I went to was a 8/10 for anxiety/stress..the second one a 7 and today a 6..so that is all good.

She's cool though and I think we already get on pretty well. Another small step to a better life.
Sounds like real progress Soulseeker, well done
Old 16th August 2010, 23:27

Mood
Curious

I went to a dance class in a style i hadn't tried before and was actually good at it, and talked to lots of people without being overly awkward. someone even called me 'normal' lol.
Old 17th August 2010, 00:32

Mood
Fine

Post Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSeeker

That's fantastic SoulSeeker

I hope it keeps on getting better.
Old 17th August 2010, 01:20

Mood
Blah

Thanks very much miss leaves and VQG Well done to y'all.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:51

Good job SS great to see you progressing and moving forward!

Well done to everyone!

I had my doctors appointment this morning and am now on the waiting list to start counselling for my SA its took a while but I have decided to give it a shot!

Sparks.
Old 17th August 2010, 13:59

Mood
Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkie
Good job SS great to see you progressing and moving forward!

Well done to everyone!

I had my doctors appointment this morning and am now on the waiting list to start counselling for my SA its took a while but I have decided to give it a shot!

Sparks.
That's great, Sparkie. Iv just finished my counselling, to my surprise, it helped enormously. Hope urs does too
Old 17th August 2010, 22:19

Well done. I know it's not easy to talk to work about stuff like this... especially when you're feeling bad enough to really need to. I hope they were sympathetic about it.
Old 18th August 2010, 11:42

Mood
Artistic

Congratulations everyone on their achievements!

I just went to the doctors to book an appointment, and just as I was feeling pleased with myself for getting there, I was told I need to phone them in the morning instead as there are no doctors available. Oh well, at least I did it, even if it means I have to use the phone :eek:
Old 19th August 2010, 11:55

Smile Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnLeaves
That's great, Sparkie. Iv just finished my counselling, to my surprise, it helped enormously. Hope urs does too
Thanks for the support AutumnLeaves, I hope mine is just as useful.

Sparks.
Old 19th August 2010, 19:04

Mood
Tired

went to the Doctors today for the first time about my SA and had to try and describe what it is and how it's really affected the quality of my life.
she was really nice about it and was really supportive and refferred me onto a team of people who are set up for psych help etc.
she asked me to come back after a month or two to let her know how I'm doing,
so,. all in all I'm kinda' chuffed I finally stopped trying to somehow cure myself and actually get some help,....

just thought,.what did one pig say to the other ?
I'd rather cure myself, than let them do it.
Old 20th August 2010, 14:09

A lot of people post really big things in here, you really should all give yourself a big pat on the back for the things you've done.

Today I finally went out to the local shops and then stopped and had a coffee all on my lonesome which I've never done before.
Old 20th August 2010, 19:53

Mood
Doubtful

Jerry - well done, that's a big leap, uv been talking about going to the doctor for a while?

Hellotiger - well done you, that is a bold step, takes a bit of guts to go anywhere like that on your own, especially for the first time.

I did a similar thing and went into a pub on my own and bought a wine for myself for the first time today. There was the risk of embarrassment at getting ID'd cos i look younger than my age and i have no age id as yet, but i was really needing a drink, so i went for it. Was rewarded with the pub playing the editor's 'all sparks'. I sat there all glum like they do in French movies and i came out with an attitude, feeling ready to bat off anything else this cruel world throws at me
Old 22nd August 2010, 14:02

Mood
Balanced

good stuff jerry, i hope your referral helps out, and i think autmnleaves, a place in a nouvelle vague film awaits you
Old 22nd August 2010, 18:33

Mood
Sluggish

well done shirley!
Old 22nd August 2010, 23:42

Well done everyone on their achievements

This evening, I sent the jester who performed at my wedding last year, some of the photos of his performance and thanked him for adding something special to the day. I'm rubbish at this sort of thing, but thought he'd like them. Better late than never.
Old 23rd August 2010, 14:52

Mood
Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azi
Well done everyone on their achievements

This evening, I sent the jester who performed at my wedding last year, some of the photos of his performance and thanked him for adding something special to the day. I'm rubbish at this sort of thing, but thought he'd like them. Better late than never.
That's great Azi Ur right, iv seen me putting difficult stuff like that off again and again, telling myself 'it's too late now' when it's not really, until it gets to the stage where it really would be too late and i regret not having done it on one of the many occassions i had told myself it's too late! So well done that you actually went ahead and did it
Old 23rd August 2010, 18:53

Mood
Thinking

I managed to put money in the bank for the first time
Old 1st September 2010, 22:50

did a bit of shopping in town by myself then actually answered my phone when my friend rang instead of just ignoring it like I normally do!
Old 4th September 2010, 00:25

Mood
Nerdy

Started year 12 today, in a new school where I didn't know ANYONE, and the day went quite well, better than I expected was pretty comfortable talking to new people too
Old 4th September 2010, 12:13

Mood
Mellow

Well done I love my cats, Primadonna and Bornthisway - really happy for you all!

I emailed a friend of a friend who works in the job I've got an interview for - was so nervous but she was really nice and helpful.

I phoned a restaurant to make a booking too - while someone was in the same room listening! Hope to be able to post something positive if my interview goes well on Thursday!
Old 5th September 2010, 20:10

Mood
Crappy

I'm actually happy, I've just asked someone out on a date and she said yes!

Took almost 20 mins of conversation before I had the guts to ask the question but it went really well and we carried on talking for another 20 minutes.

I even admitted after asking the question that I was shaking like a leaf and she just smiled.

That's put me in a way better mood now, will just have to find a time when we're both off work together and we're off out to the cinema and dinner!
Old 6th September 2010, 12:37

Mood
Doubtful

Hey SSI well done on those achievements, i know i find it quite embarrassing phoning places like that up with other people listening And good luck with your interview! What's it for?

SolitaryShell - Aw, conversation sounds sweet Congrats on plucking up the courage

J-Dog - well done Im much more inclined to text as well. It's good to hear of people finding the balls to phone instead.