SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 10th October 2014, 12:12

Default Introvert or Extrovert

This has probably been discussed here before but I'm new and would be interested to hear your opinions. I suspect not everyone with SA is an introvert and some would love to be around people more.

I am an introvert. I enjoy the company of others but need a lot of time alone to recharge even after comfortable interactions and do enjoy my own company. I sometimes wonder if I am socially anxious because I'm introverted and haven't given myself enough exposure to others or if the opposite is true and if I felt more comfortable around people I'd be more extroverted.

I don't know if I should be trying to fit in with what people around me see as a 'normal' level of sociability as more sociable people do generally seem to be happier?
Old 10th October 2014, 12:38

Mood
Daring

Default Re: Introvert or Extrovert

I was mostly an introverted person, but now I'm kinda eager to go out, and friends that are busy and with their girls, I guess it's a forced introverted state, which sucks.

I love alone time but loneliness and isolation can be kept at bay so much by going out now and then
Old 10th October 2014, 13:27

Default Re: Introvert or Extrovert

My introversion is quite acute. I become exhausted quickly and I just want to be alone in order to recharge. Even when I'm not talking when other people are around, I still lose energy. I don't want this to sound negative, because it isn't. I rather like it this way.