SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 3rd April 2024, 14:24

Default Re: Type what you're thinking about right now (11)

^ I think he means it's a ticking time bomb of pain, i.e. he doesn't have any pain yet?
Old 3rd April 2024, 15:59

Aye, there isn't much of any pain yet, but I'm sure there will be if I keep dilly dallying. I had an abscess once before, my jaw swelled up something awful. Not fun.
Old 3rd April 2024, 16:55

Yeah, I've had an abscess too. Horrendous pain and swelling.
Old 3rd April 2024, 17:18

I keep a bottle of this in the house. Numbs the tooth and eases the pain. I like how at first glance, the package looks like it says 'instant toothache'.

Old 3rd April 2024, 17:26

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt
I haven't checked I just sort of assumed that finding one would be like striking gold, and I'm not that lucky. If I asked, they'd gather all the staff (and patients) to point and laugh at me.
I had thought that too but luckily there was one in the nearest big town to me and they've actually been really nice and kind. So I'm definitely going to keep going there. (It's a huge anxiety provoking faff to go, but atleast I know if I do have a tooth emergency I'm with a dentist.)
Old 3rd April 2024, 18:28

I haven't been for at least 18 months. I wonder if they will have struck me off their list...
Old 3rd April 2024, 19:13

Mood
Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amara 94
Actually feel tempted to try an open uni degree as my uni doesn't seem to offer many distant learning subjects.
good luck
Old 3rd April 2024, 19:51

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee S
I haven't been for at least 18 months. I wonder if they will have struck me off their list...
Watch out because they might have a 2 year cut off. Maybe see if you need to make an appointment for a checkup, if you've had a reminder. That's how my last dentist got me, with the pandemic it was more than two years since I'd had an appointment and they removed me from their list
Old 3rd April 2024, 20:05

^ OK, thanks.
Old 4th April 2024, 05:37

I found out the hard way last month about the dentist. No one told me about them all going private. They had even deleted my records so I had to pay for exams and xrays never mind the treatments. But I'm just glad it's done now.
Old 4th April 2024, 11:10

Mood
Cynical

^ Aw yes a lot of them are going completely private too, and it gets very expensive!
Old 4th April 2024, 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt
Aye, there isn't much of any pain yet, but I'm sure there will be if I keep dilly dallying. I had an abscess once before, my jaw swelled up something awful. Not fun.
You can ring 111 and they can put you through to an nhs dentist for an emergency appointment, or they can send you to the hospital. Just make sure it's definitely NHS and NHS charges when they put you through to a dentist.
Old 5th April 2024, 07:14

the thing with free will is that I've always viewed us humans as slaves to our genes, which turned out to be an unpopular opinion.
perhaps this explains why i had a hard time trying to avoid the whole confirmation bias fallacy during reading this book..

about the book, even though everything in it is backed by primary sources, I doubt the majority inside the scientific community agree with "Sapolsky's we are not free agents" thing.

"Behave" is another masterpiece of him as well.

Old 5th April 2024, 22:12

i don't know how i ended up in this corner of YouTube. clicked the thumbnail for the gifted woman, and stayed for how kind she actually is.
the funny part is that she is treating the short man as if she's convinced he is a little boy. i expected her to act all trash tho

Old 5th April 2024, 22:25

Mood
Lurking

Willow's very scared cause a neightbour had a drain unblocking man over with a scary machine to suck black gunk out of their drain, she's making sure that the scary gunk hasn't sneaked into the house <3
Old 5th April 2024, 23:26

a scene from When Nietzsche Wept film
Old 5th April 2024, 23:28

how for a second my mind fails to realize that people in black & white films lived in a colorful world the same way we do until it -my mind- takes its time to actually think about it.
Old 7th April 2024, 08:58

I've just noticed a lot of Polish last names look more like a password than an actual name.
Old 7th April 2024, 13:49

I think they got Gen Alpha the most wrong. I don't know much Gen Alpha's but they haven't grown up enough to know some stuff that stereotypically define them. For example I would say covid is a bigger defining moment for Gen A although this was published in 2019. I think it's still a long time till autonomous vehicles become common. I do notice that BMX's did seem more common when I was a teen, the late 00's, I noticed lots of kids scootering in early 10's London, it never use to be as common. Nowadays, perhaps because of e-bikes you can pay to use for a few hours, in my area at least, less people actually seem to own their own bikes and even scooters.

Also music/media services might be hard to predict I think. I don't know if Smart speakers define Gen A. I know that although we use streaming services now they seem more and more expensive, our over reliance on tech is being noticed more because whilst smart tech seemed to take off in the 10's, covid has made us really rely on digital media and has helped to rapidly kill older physical medias. Maybe, PDF's seem like an alternative to anyone older than Gen Z as we grew up using lots of paper but digital medias would seem the way of doing stuff to Gen A's?
Old 7th April 2024, 18:16

Mood
Lurking

Trying to figure out if Tiggers off her food or if she's just feeling cuddly

She met me at the door but said no thank you to dinner and clung to me instead

I know her bad leg gave way last night in bed, she's able to walk on it though

Vet cannot do anything more for her leg, particularly as she's using it
Old 9th April 2024, 14:25

Maybe me trying to be good or thinking I am being good makes me dishonest.
Old 11th April 2024, 21:06

I need to get a driving test to improve my employment options. I'm doing it so late. But although I don't hate dishwashing as a job and have gotten use to it, majority of times I don't like the work environment. I think it seems ungrateful to say that but it's true as to how I feel so I have to actually acknowledge that I guess.

Had a session yesterday regarding my mum moving out of the mental rehab facility, she has been there about almost 2 years. The social worker and mums nurses there discussed the situation. The social worker that hasn't came to my home shifted blame to my sister, she wasn't there, as to why the house lacks some furniture for my mum if she moves back and was saying she has a "strengths based" approach as a way to dismiss any responsibility to helping my mum move back home. But I guess ultimately no one is really there to help you. We are in a council house, they have repaired the bathroom regarding mould problems re-tilling but it's always an inadequate job, for instance the bathroom was probably re-tilled 2018/9, the tiles are already once again dropping. I guess if it were to be properly done it would involve paying for it. It was a reminder that my home life is messed up though.

According to the bs "strength based approach" me and my sister, though they said my sister, since we are adults should be paying for the repairs needed to the house. Tbh, that's fair enough, but me currently, I am struggling with employment as I have taken a break from uni. The real issue is that my autism and mental health issues haven't been dealt with and don't really ever seem to be acknowledged which leads to usually finding it hard to cope with a job or studying long term as though I can study or work, the social situations feel painful to the point they can make me feel really bad as if I am depressed. My sister, although I didn't say, has ADHD, is working from home, never really does much housework yet it's expected of us to be able to make the house when we are struggling ourselves.

I am thinking of Jordan Peterson's advice of getting your room in order. I think geting a driving test is one way of putting my room in order. I feel hesitant about uni, idk yet, I'm thinking if I was to study again it would probably be open uni.
Old 11th April 2024, 21:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverWas
I wish I could do video calls/zoom. I'd be less isolated.

Must take a lot of confidence to appear on video, esp on the internet. I could never do it, I can't even do pictures unless I'm taking them.
I went to a zoom session regarding neurodivergence and job searching advice recently. Was actually the best zoom call I have been to as it wasn't draining like it usually is. The host was a really engaging speaker, no white noise from his microphone and it was interactive through multiple choice questions in an presentation app and comments. So it was engaging in multiple ways, I think the host said that was to make the session more interactive for all people, not just those who can easily talk or type.
Old 11th April 2024, 22:06

My stomach is particularly sensitive this week.
Old 11th April 2024, 23:23

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amara 94
I need to get a driving test to improve my employment options. I'm doing it so late. But although I don't hate dishwashing as a job and have gotten use to it, majority of times I don't like the work environment. I think it seems ungrateful to say that but it's true as to how I feel so I have to actually acknowledge that I guess.

Had a session yesterday regarding my mum moving out of the mental rehab facility, she has been there about almost 2 years. The social worker and mums nurses there discussed the situation. The social worker that hasn't came to my home shifted blame to my sister, she wasn't there, as to why the house lacks some furniture for my mum if she moves back and was saying she has a "strengths based" approach as a way to dismiss any responsibility to helping my mum move back home. But I guess ultimately no one is really there to help you. We are in a council house, they have repaired the bathroom regarding mould problems re-tilling but it's always an inadequate job, for instance the bathroom was probably re-tilled 2018/9, the tiles are already once again dropping. I guess if it were to be properly done it would involve paying for it. It was a reminder that my home life is messed up though.

According to the bs "strength based approach" me and my sister, though they said my sister, since we are adults should be paying for the repairs needed to the house. Tbh, that's fair enough, but me currently, I am struggling with employment as I have taken a break from uni. The real issue is that my autism and mental health issues haven't been dealt with and don't really ever seem to be acknowledged which leads to usually finding it hard to cope with a job or studying long term as though I can study or work, the social situations feel painful to the point they can make me feel really bad as if I am depressed. My sister, although I didn't say, has ADHD, is working from home, never really does much housework yet it's expected of us to be able to make the house when we are struggling ourselves.

I am thinking of Jordan Peterson's advice of getting your room in order. I think geting a driving test is one way of putting my room in order. I feel hesitant about uni, idk yet, I'm thinking if I was to study again it would probably be open uni.
In council housing the council are responsible for any repairs needed on the property (same as any landlord is responsible for repairs on a property they rent out.) So don't feel pushed to be responsible for that yourselves!
Old 11th April 2024, 23:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
In council housing the council are responsible for any repairs needed on the property (same as any landlord is responsible for repairs on a property they rent out.) So don't feel pushed to be responsible for that yourselves!
The council don't do some repairs well, even though they do it. I think it's because it's free but the social worker was speaking of stuff such as buying sofas, new mattress, replacing the carpet. But my sister uses the living room as her office and bedroom, doesn't sleep in her own bedroom. So the house is a mess, the way it is operated as well.
Old 11th April 2024, 23:43

Selling my laptop and desktop screen it's too much of a distraction. I remember when I was studying as well, I think because everything was online it made me more hooked to the computer. I don't miss that aspect of studying as it felt somewhat unhealthy.
Old 12th April 2024, 01:40

Mood
Tired

Same stuff as usual. That it's too late to fix my life

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
Old 12th April 2024, 07:40

reading through this dinosaurs extinction thing led me to think.. if humanity was to go like a sudden mass extinction because of a nature disaster, which one would be a nice/cool way to go?

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/how-a...dinosaurs.html
Old 12th April 2024, 07:59

Why haven't diseases evolved to make you feel good rather than bad?
Imagine a disease that made you feel happy. People would go out of their way to catch it, like a free drug.