SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 7th October 2013, 18:49

Default Re: Small things that annoy you (3)

^ Oh god, that was the most harrowing scene in Schindler's List.
Old 7th October 2013, 18:55

Old 7th October 2013, 19:01

where did you get that shot of Vader turning on his lightsaber?
Old 7th October 2013, 19:05

Old 8th October 2013, 00:04

Mood
Melancholy

When people are continuously late. I'm the most disorganised person ever but I am usually on time to meet people. It bugs me.
Old 8th October 2013, 15:22

Mood
Dreaming

People who 'boast' about not having a TV or not having Facebook. Very common in comments sections in news articles. That's something to be proud of why?

Saying that, nearly all comments beneath news articles tend to be annoying!
Old 8th October 2013, 15:41

Blud, basically yeah I literally don't have Facebook or watch telly init. I'm literally a boss.

Like · Comment · Follow Post · 2 minutes ago
Old 9th October 2013, 20:45

Professional printers.

They've somehow managed to incorrectly crop the 200 A6 flyers I'd ordered from them, despite me asking for A6, paying for A6 and the artwork I supplied being A6. The artwork even had bloody crop marks on it, so all they had to do was follow them. And on top of that, they haven't even been consistent in where they've cropped it incorrectly - sometimes there's a bit missing at the top, sometimes at the bottom.

What gets me is that they must of known they'd done it wrong, but were still happy to give them to me like it. Grrr grrr grrrrrr.

I shall be ringing up to complain come the morrow.
Old 9th October 2013, 21:56

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Fyre
People who 'boast' about not having a TV
i can't stand that. there is a ton of quality programming on television and there's no reason to be smug toward people who have TVs. people assume all that's on telly is trashy reality and subliminal advertising. but there's so much more.

i don't watch much TV myself and if i move out i probably won't bother getting one, but that's due to financial constraints. i just stream from the internet instead but i miss out on stuff like home decorating or nature shows which are harder to find.
Old 9th October 2013, 22:13

Twerking.

I'm not sure what impression it's trying make - really, i don't.
Old 10th October 2013, 10:12

Mood
Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by surelynot
These days I waste time online on the smartphone like everyone else, but I don't take the attitude that everyone can afford or will want to be 'plugged in', like some did with me.
That's not what I meant at all. I mean people who boast about choosing not to own a tv because they think they're so different and going against the sheeple who are being brainwashed by their idiot boxes.

I wouldn't judge people for having, or for not having, a tv or social media accounts. But there are a high number of people in news stories comment sections who like to brag about not having either because they are such enlightened individuals.

edit: actually, I want to add anyone who ever uses the term 'sheeple' to my list of annoying things.

Old 10th October 2013, 10:30

^That's one of my pet hates too. People who seem to think they're the only individuals on earth capable of independent thought, and that everyone else is a sheep, particularly those in suits.
Old 11th October 2013, 13:08
Banned at own request

When people compare problems to the point they can say something like SA is a small problem. I don't really mind when someone talks about first world problems in a light hearted way though.

Problems imo are all relative, just cause we live in a liberal and wealthy country doesn't mean we cant feel like how someone from a poorer country might feel on the scale of wellbeing. We have our own fair share of problems we cant just always ignore.
Old 11th October 2013, 15:29

Things working perfectly well, or named in a well established way, then someone deciding to change the way it works (and making it worse), or renaming it. This seems to be happening more and more these days.
Old 11th October 2013, 16:31

Mood
Melancholy

Catching colds etc from people who come in to work when they are ill. It's impossible to do anything to 'not catch' it unless you wear a radiation suit! It's not as if I sit next to them, but the germs always seem to circulate around the office.

It really really annoys me because it badly affects a) my asthma and b) my general health with having ME. It means it takes me weeks to recover.

I just wish people would stay at home if they were ill.

Of course, you can't ensure you never spread germs and people will always have remnants in their system even when they're better, but it just annoys me that someone can have a cold for 2 days, moan about it, sneeze all over the office, then be better. Then I catch it and I'm ill for over 2 weeks because it really gets a hold of me and makes all my other illnesses worse.

Not really fair to blame the ill person but please just don't come to work when you KNOW you are ill and could work from home
Old 11th October 2013, 18:35

My kitten has chewed through my mobile phone charger cable this morning. I'm not sure if it's annoying or just kinda cute.
Old 11th October 2013, 18:42

Mood
Fine

^^i hate that too, because i pick up illnesses easily. but a lot of times workplaces force people to come in or discourage people from staying home, when the best way to get better is to stay home and rest. plus some employers don't pay when you are home sick, and poeple may need the money. my previous workplace only allowed three absences in six months, unpaid. and after that you got disciplined. and at job interviews i've been asked about my attendance record. i think it's highly inappropriate but employers want to milk the most they can out of you.
Old 11th October 2013, 18:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_mamba
My kitten has chewed through my mobile phone charger cable this morning. I'm not sure if it's annoying or just kinda cute.
What did you name him/her in the end?
Old 11th October 2013, 18:55

^We called him Snarf. Lovable, yet annoying.

(We tried Shredder but I think he'd probably get bullied in the cat playground with a rat's name).
Old 11th October 2013, 19:23

^ Shredder wasn't a rat!
Old 11th October 2013, 19:28

^ was just about to post that too, you beat me to it!

^^ Mamba, your lack of geekiness disappoints me!
Old 11th October 2013, 19:54

Damn I was thinking of Splinter. Sorry to cause you great distress Morti. My memory has caused me so many problems recently, need to get my head checked.
Old 11th October 2013, 23:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_mamba
^We called him Snarf. Lovable, yet annoying.

(We tried Shredder but I think he'd probably get bullied in the cat playground with a rat's name).
So you will have to shout "Snarf! Snarf!" out your back door to call him in, people will think 'There's that woman doing her Snarf impression, again'. They'll shout "Oi, get some new impressions, missus, the Snarf one is wearing thin!"

Good name choice though.
Old 11th October 2013, 23:06

Mood
Melancholy

I have often worn a coat with flip flops. It's because I love flip flops and find them the easiest thing to walk in (I walk everywhere). Shoes just tend to rub, unless they're boots. But I find I feel the cold more on other bits of my body - my feet are generally fine unless it is actually very cold when I wear boots. I don't think I get *that* cold by exposing my toes, whereas I would if I was missing a whole layer of my top half of clothing. I guess my feet maybe operate like my hands - I only wear gloves when it's pretty cold.

Saying that I am a bit hardened to the cold and so don't tend to wear my coat until this time of year. I see some people at work in a coat much earlier on, as soon as it gets cloudy.

Though one more thing - you can't really change your footwear whereas you can take off layers. So if it's a warm-ish day, or could turn out to be sunny, I know my feet get warm through walking. Wearing flip flops is fine for me. Likewise if it starts off cold I can wear my coat to work but take it off later, whereas I'd never carry another pair of shoes. Not sure this argument makes any sense but it works for me
Old 12th October 2013, 00:33

feeling lonely/down when with my family, but wish i had more sometimes :-(
Old 12th October 2013, 12:05

Mood
Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa
^^i hate that too, because i pick up illnesses easily. but a lot of times workplaces force people to come in or discourage people from staying home, when the best way to get better is to stay home and rest. plus some employers don't pay when you are home sick, and poeple may need the money. my previous workplace only allowed three absences in six months, unpaid. and after that you got disciplined. and at job interviews i've been asked about my attendance record. i think it's highly inappropriate but employers want to milk the most they can out of you.
Yeah I know what you mean. It is a little unfair. I'm really ill now and it's completely ruined my weekend and I'll probably feel like this for ages. So annoyed

I do know someone who used to work in a corporate environment which was very competitive. They really didn't care too much about their employees. But to avoid sickness absence they would force/encourage them all to have flu jabs (they'd actually have a nurse come in to work for a week and immunise them all) and then no-one could actually take time off work with a 'bad cold' or 'flu'. They did the same thing when there was a bit of a panic about some epidemic (possibly swine flu or bird flu or something) and as soon as a vaccination came out they bought it in the hundreds so they could immunise everyone.

It was seen as a caring thing to do but I'm not entirely sure! Though it's always good to have the option of a jab I suppose.
Old 13th October 2013, 14:15

Mood
Bored

Oh no, that Vauxhall advert is back. Ian Dury must be spinning in his grave...
Old 13th October 2013, 15:07

Being ugly.
Old 13th October 2013, 15:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless
Being ugly.
i wouldn't say you were ugly at all and I've sat across from you in real life i know that's not that helpful coming from some random dude who has seen you once but you looked normal to me
Old 13th October 2013, 16:06

temporamental wifi internet connections with no logical reason disconnects beyond someone sneezing somewhere.