SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 28th January 2014, 22:27

Default Testeorone drop

http://uk.askmen.com/sports/health_6...ns_health.html

As am I already aware and studies have shown there's a testeorone drop when going over 30. 10% a decade.
Bizarrely I've noticed this. And it's quite odd adjusting to that.
Don't know if anyone experienced the same.
Old 30th January 2014, 05:48
Banned at own request

Mood
Blah

Default Re: Testeorone drop

I am 30 and I noticed a difference already lol
my muscles grow slower despite more exercise, my weight has increased despite eating less and my sex drive has dropped massively.

I've been taking wellman vitamins for two months and have yet to see any improvement
Old 30th January 2014, 07:31

Mood
Breezy

Haven't had myself tested but I definitely can put on weight a lot more easily since I hit my thirties. If you are concerned about your t levels they will prescribe patches to normalise them but I think you'd have to be well out of the phyisological norm. Unless you are a UFC fighter but that's another matter.

They've shown in some studies that strength training reduces the drop in testosterone levels. Kind of a use it or lose it situation. Zinc is supposed to be a good suplement for keeping testosterone levels higher.
Old 30th January 2014, 08:09
Banned at own request

Mood
Blah

yeah I take 30mg of zinc daily.
Old 11th February 2014, 20:14

Mood
Crappy

The problem with treating low-t with t-replacement is that excesses of it will convert to female hormones & its not uncommon to develop more breast tissue (gynecomastia) and things like your balls shrinking (atrophy) because the body thinks they're no longer needed to produce t. In the US they would use estrogen blockers with t-therapy to help with the t>est problem but that probably wouldn't be licenced in the UK yet... i dunno.

On the flipside i've read/heard successful t-therapy can have dramatic positive effects on both mind (including anxiety/depression) & body (low body fat/more energy/more lean muscle mass/sex drive).

You cant help the inevitable natural decline of t, so unless you have a specific concern I would worry too much..

Just staying in good shape & not guzzling loads of lager & junk will help..... sad.... because I love lager.....and junk
Old 12th February 2014, 20:33

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeves
The problem with treating low-t with t-replacement is that excesses of it will convert to female hormones & its not uncommon to develop more breast tissue (gynecomastia) and things like your balls shrinking (atrophy) because the body thinks they're no longer needed to produce t. In the US they would use estrogen blockers with t-therapy to help with the t>est problem but that probably wouldn't be licenced in the UK yet... i dunno.

On the flipside i've read/heard successful t-therapy can have dramatic positive effects on both mind (including anxiety/depression) & body (low body fat/more energy/more lean muscle mass/sex drive).

You cant help the inevitable natural decline of t, so unless you have a specific concern I would worry too much..

Just staying in good shape & not guzzling loads of lager & junk will help..... sad.... because I love lager.....and junk
Thing is they give you pretty low dose so aromatisation is limited. It's true some men are prone to gyno but certainly not all. Ball shrinkage is inevitable but reversible if you stop.

If you are concerned like you say about excess test converting to oestrogen use estrogen blockers, if the doctor won't prescribe them they are available to buy online. Another expense but worth it if you really need to use testosterone safely.
Old 12th February 2014, 22:23
Banned at own request

Mood
Blah

you only get prescribed Testosterone from a doctor if your levels are abnormally low
Old 6th March 2014, 23:54

Mood
Crappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExSAguy
you only get prescribed Testosterone from a doctor if your levels are abnormally low
Not strictly true - Mainly because NICE or GPs can't quite decide what 'abnormally low' actually is, for example if the 'normal' range is 9-26 & you fall in at 11 then thats 'normal'.

I read that robbie williams has approx this reading (11) and asked his doc for HGH, but gets a shot or 2 of T per week instead.

My levels are 'normal' (according to current standard practice) , I argued it was too low & asked for TRT - GP agreed with my points (there were many others) & agreed to a prescription of either jabs or patches.

I just didn't go through with it at the time for a whole host of reasons, most of all I believe my GPs were ill-informed on the matter, not through ignorance or w/e though, i think other serious illnesses are a priority, & this is a grey area in medicine at the moment in terms of treatment/funding.

I really see TRT becoming a big market for the big pharma companies in the future once some proper research data comes through the conchrane library or the likes.