SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 28th March 2012, 00:23
Banned at own request

Default How do you manage to think about the good ppl in yoir life if most dont seem too nice

Last Fri a girl i was going to work with ditched me for her friend, i dont thinl she would have did this if she was working with another peer. And she is actually nice but isnt friendly to me.
After that event i felt so down, i didnt go anywhere all weekend and couldnt really do much. Since last Friday i think my SA increased around ppl my age.
I think that sad feeling built up cause in my college some other ppl i know arent to froendly to me bit r friendly with others, it makes me wonder if im boring or something.
However there are a few ppl that are friendly with me. But that amount is less than the ppl who arent.
For example, 2day this girl who always says hi to me travelled home with me and we had a conversation. That isnt much for some ppl but its nice for me. After the conversation i actually felt happier and less shy. But i dont know if i would hang around woth tje ppl who are nice to me as they already seem to have their groups of friends and i dont know if im entertainong enough for them.
One thing ive realised is that i dont really expect to be treated nicely and seem to have clear mempries of negative experiences.
Old 28th March 2012, 01:09

Mood
Mellow

Default Re: How do you manage to think about the good ppl in yoir life if most dont seem too

often i feel the same way (about people's responses toward me).
but i try not to assume that they just don't like me...

instead, i consider that they may just be having a tough day.
(i might say quick 'hi' next time i see them).
this helps me quiet the worries i have inside.

it takes lots of practice, so be kind to yourself along the way.
Old 28th March 2012, 02:49
Banned

Default Re: How do you manage to think about the good ppl in yoir life if most dont seem too

Maybe the fact that we doubt ourselves, makes us less attractive, less charming to others.
So if you were to completely forget about these "bad" experiences, it would show in your demeanour. You would give off a more assured positive vibe...

Dr. Humourlessness
Old 28th March 2012, 03:22

This is where my social probs begin... Maybe i shouldn't ditch those so easily but it is so so so stressful....

In hindsight from many experiences, see if another way out, maybe just see them as an aquietence and keep them in your life, just enjoy their company to what you can, instead of a friendship