SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 4th March 2012, 12:28

Default having nothing to do

anyone else have days in a row where there is literally nothing to do, nobody to talk to, nowhere to go, just hour after hour of killing time and wishing you were somebody else who actually has a life?

god im depressed today

sorry
Old 4th March 2012, 12:51

Mood
Procrastinating

Default Re: having nothing to do

I hear ya monkey! I've recently moved out to live on my own to try and force myself to tackle SA head on instead of hiding behind my family... unless i see my mum, which is maybe once a week, apart from work i sit in my flat, using the computer (which many my say is doing nothing), with noone to speak to, nowhere to go and nothign to do, while wishing i was someone else that actually had a life. (hence why i found this site, so i could actually converse with someone other than a family member... even if by means of a forum, every little helps!)

your not alone!
Old 4th March 2012, 13:03

I was like that in Uni stuck in a house with 3 people I avoided and would go days without speaking to people or physical contact would be months (still is :/ )
I lived in a house share for a while after that with a few people I kinda got on with so that was good now I'm in the position of moving and I'm realising I am going to be alot more isolated then I thought, living with people tricks you into thinking your being sociable.
I go to 2 groups, 1 monthly and one weekly, a Greenpeace on and somthing similar weekly they aren't hugely socible but I believe in them and its easier to meet people that way even if I say very little.
Meetup has a few social groups you could try going to and I'd recomend it if you can bear it everythings better even if you chat to someone once a week, try setting up a regular SAUK meet in your Town?
Old 4th March 2012, 14:07

Mood
Alienated

Yeah, same here. I'm usually with my boyfriend 24/7, and I see my mother about once or twice a week now. I also see my boyfriend's mother every other week. That's basically all the people I ever speak to. I don't speak to anyone online these days and I rarely speak to anyone offline unless they initiate the convo. So here I am as always, sitting by myself, boyfriend in bed, watching anime, and that sums up my week perfectly. The only places I go to are job centre appointments and... well, that's it <.< no job, no college or anything... *sigh*
Old 4th March 2012, 14:15

Mood
Alienated

Yes I have days in a row like that, well every day.
Old 4th March 2012, 16:38

I have 4 day weekends at Uni so I get that feeling all the time.
Old 4th March 2012, 17:04

I had this weekend off, the weather was lovely but I've just stayed in. I have absolutely no interest in going out and doing stuff alone any more. I was never really happy doing that before but I managed to fill my time and got on with things but I just can't any more.
Old 4th March 2012, 17:17

Mood
Alienated

sounds about normal for me

i try and give myself little projects to do around the house..or force myself to work somewhat on getting better at photoshop/illustrator etc

inbetween that i spend numerous hours gaming..numerous hours watching tv/films and numerous hours spinning round on my chair

i only leave the house every fortnight to sign on...im not huge on being social/going out but i dont really have the choice anyway as i dont really know many people local anymore..i might go out every couple of months but yeah

dunno what i want out of life to make any changes tbh!
Old 4th March 2012, 21:38

Yeah I'm off work this week and not looking forward to it. I was trying to think of things to do, there doesn't even seem to be a decent film on at the cinema...
Old 5th March 2012, 00:41

Mood
Mellow

i can relate.
most weeks i have the exact same schedule:

wednesday visit my son (for 2 hrs),
tuesday morning volunteer (1 hour),
thursday morning to get food @ the local food pantry.(takes 1/2 hour)
one weekly trip 2 a store for necessities.(1-2 hrs)
and then to church on sunday.(1.5hrs)

otherwise i have 2 fill time cooking,or cleaning.

i'll keep looking 4 work also.
Old 5th March 2012, 09:48

How about visiting your local library. There must be something there of interest surely. I know reading isn't going to take away all your worries, but it can be escapism/entertainment/education, give you something to think about, give you something to talk about.
Old 6th March 2012, 18:04

Mood
Balanced

Yes I've felt like this plenty of times. I'm still in the process of breaking out the habit.