SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 2nd October 2023, 14:38

Default Re: Type what you're thinking about right now (11)

I always get lost in google tabs. So I've decided, I'll have 2 windows. One I can clutter. The other can be an 'active window' which is stuff I'm actively doing.
Old 2nd October 2023, 20:14

Idk why video calls with lots of people is so draining, even if I’m not really participating.
Old 2nd October 2023, 20:43

how strange how many familiar TV faces/actors, etc that have been associated with youth, youth lifestyle turned 60 or on the verge of being sixty since they were born in the 1960's

they still don't give the typical 60 years old vibe. they seem maybe like they're in their 40's
the question is.. is 60 the new 50?
Old 3rd October 2023, 10:44

How I haven’t invested in my pc setup, as in proper desks, chairs and how that may have held me back in the past from really learning software as I find most software might have been uncomfortable or unpleasant to use due to the bad ergonomics of my setup.
Old 3rd October 2023, 10:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perhaps
how strange how many familiar TV faces/actors, etc that have been associated with youth, youth lifestyle turned 60 or on the verge of being sixty since they were born in the 1960's

they still don't give the typical 60 years old vibe. they seem maybe like they're in their 40's
the question is.. is 60 the new 50?
People probably age better visually due to less smog in the air, better awareness of moisturisers, suncream, more health awareness. But I also wonder if people look younger because we are older and looking through older eyes?

Teens, as in 16+ look almost the same age as me, 29 but I think we age the slowest in our 20s.
Old 3rd October 2023, 14:06

it is really harsh sometimes. Some people could really use part-time work to get back into work. But part-time work gets 4 x as many applicants.
Old 3rd October 2023, 21:31

be like a tortoise, at peace in your own shell.
Old 4th October 2023, 00:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amara 94
People probably age better visually due to less smog in the air, better awareness of moisturisers, suncream, more health awareness.
I don't exactly believe in this. (ofcource unless people are severely abusing themselves/drinking/ horrible lifestyle,etc.).

i can list many rich famous people who couldn't stop the aging signs although they obviously eat best food/ live in least polluted air areas, use the highest quality products , etc..

It's mostly genetics, and I mean by genetics that some people are born that way, cuz it's normal to see two brothers, one ages well, and the other doesn't.
Old 4th October 2023, 12:48

Yeah I agree with you, as in it’s probably not as much as some people in society would have you believe.

I think alcohol use to be more popular though. Rich and famous doesn’t always mean the healthiest due to stress, drugs and stuff. People in less developed countries may be eating less processed foods than most people in the us or uk.
Old 4th October 2023, 13:36

How to dress sufficiently smart and respectful for a funeral.
Old 4th October 2023, 15:01
Banned (at own request)

^ Very sorry for your loss.
Old 4th October 2023, 15:28

^ thanks. It's the funeral of my boss, who passed away with cancer a few weeks ago.
Old 4th October 2023, 17:35

^ That's sad. I hope the funeral goes as well as such an event can. I think a suit or any smart/casual clothes in subdued colours is acceptable for a funeral, unless the family of the deceased specifically requests a colour or certain style of clothing.

I feel like there's very little point to my existence. I take from this world but offer nothing back.
Old 4th October 2023, 17:54

Mood
Cynical

^ Ofcourse you offer a lot to the world Consolida, we're all happy you're here
Old 4th October 2023, 18:15
Banned (at own request)

^^ Consolida
I have always felt that you gave me so much help, kindness and support. You've picked me up when I was down so many times!
Old 4th October 2023, 18:21

Consolida
Old 4th October 2023, 19:00

i can relate to the attitude/reaction of the girl in red @ 0:44
and hate the attitude//vibes the girl gives @ 1:20

Old 4th October 2023, 19:03

if I were to time travel, I'd love only to travel to the past. i'm not even curious/have zero interest in how the world will be like in the future. I can see tho how overcrowded it will be.. wars on water, disgusting phones-like technology, cities will no longer exist/ will get absorbed in the water. pple using expensive masks to breath cleaner air (for those who can afford), terrible/crazy weather,etc, less privacy, etc..
Old 4th October 2023, 23:38

Old 5th October 2023, 05:33

Quote:
if I were to time travel, I'd love only to travel to the past. i'm not even curious/have zero interest in how the world will be like in the future. I can see tho how overcrowded it will be.. wars on water, disgusting phones-like technology, cities will no longer exist/ will get absorbed in the water. pple using expensive masks to breath cleaner air (for those who can afford), terrible/crazy weather,etc, less privacy, etc..

If we could travel to the future to see what it was like, I wonder if it would prompt us to take more care of the planet now? Personally I don't think it would make any difference as humans are inherently selfish.
I'd also love to be able to travel into the past to see how other generations lived but only if I could be a fly on the wall and remain invisible at all times.

@ Dougella, Clumsy, and Chess&Junkfood - I really don't feel that there is any point to to me but thank you nevertheless for your words of support, you are all very kind people x
Old 5th October 2023, 06:51

Quote:
Actually the world population is going to peak, maybe in 50-100 years. The birth rate in most developed countries has dropped. It’s developing countries that are having more kids.

I think technology is really changing our morals. Speaking of privacy recently I have thought if we really own anything like it seems we do. With tech becoming more smart even we don’t have full control over the stuff we own, in fact less as it’s more likely to be a service than a physical item.
Old 5th October 2023, 09:40

Canary islans or Cyprus for holiday in November. Private villa or all inclusive.
Old 5th October 2023, 16:11
Banned (at own request)

^ I'd go for a private villa.
Old 5th October 2023, 21:26

phwoah

https://www.maplin.co.uk/collections/usb-cables
Old 5th October 2023, 21:51

Consolida,

the fly on the wall and remaining invisible part should be my favorite last thought before falling asleep every night. xD
Old 5th October 2023, 21:52

Amara 94,

the thing with technology is.. i'm grateful we have internet and stuff, but enough with the new phones/ new cameras/ better TV's/4kgaming, etc.. I no more care for all the one-dimensional technology that only keeps the new generations addicts by default

i wish science takes more actual steps in fighting diseases, find more effective ways to predict nature disasters,.. also the mental health field needs a lot of work, hopes on actual effective cure for depression, etc..

btw also stuff about invading mars and that kind of thing i never found no interest in.

as if we are successful on earth! like, we successfully damaged the nature of our planet, ruined its climate/killed the animals, now mars is next.
Old 5th October 2023, 21:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG_
Canary islans or Cyprus for holiday in November. Private villa or all inclusive.
Canary Islands!

Private Villa!

All inclusive is for punks.
Old 5th October 2023, 22:47

Quote:
According to the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species, African cheetahs are estimated to number between 6,517 and 7,000 in the wild today, while Asian cheetahs are estimated to number fewer than 50. Cheetahs are currently classified as 'vulnerable.
Old 5th October 2023, 22:47

this is from 2015 but still very interesting read. basically everything you'd love to know

https://africageographic.com/stories...eed-for-speed/
Old 6th October 2023, 06:12

Quote:
Amara 94,

the thing with technology is.. i'm grateful we have internet and stuff, but enough with the new phones/ new cameras/ better TV's/4kgaming, etc.. I no more care for all the one-dimensional technology that only keeps the new generations addicts by default

i wish science takes more actual steps in fighting diseases, find more effective ways to predict nature disasters,.. also the mental health field needs a lot of work, hopes on actual effective cure for depression, etc..

btw also stuff about invading mars and that kind of thing i never found no interest in.

as if we are successful on earth! like, we successfully damaged the nature of our planet, ruined its climate/killed the animals, now mars is next.
I meant tech might change moral and values on ownership as I’ve thought that we really don’t own much, not even the kids we have as they have their own minds. We don’t own pets, unpopular opinion though, is that it seems like some pet owners do think they own their pet. Tech has made stuff that we pay for more like access to the thing, with internet and subscriptions and less about owning it. And with ai and stuff tech is going to be more autonomous to us.

I agree current tech can be toxic if used to fulfil a psychological need.