SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 27th January 2024, 06:10

Default Do you feel like you are gaslighted into believing your situation isn’t as bad as you

feel it is?

I do, I think it’s even more apparent with a current audio book I’m listening to. I’m listening to Black Sheep by Sabrina Pace-Humphreys. The interesting thing about her life story is that it doesn’t sound super extraordinary, as in she doesn’t seem like she was brutally abused or anything, but she did face racism and bullying growing up. This actually makes the story validating and relatable to me as she still faced mental struggles.

I feel like I’m realising more certain interactions I have, family dynamics and how they aren’t alright or not optimal. As I feel like I have played a people pleaser role to many people though I think that I don’t like it because it’s like certain people can be passive aggressive to me and then it feels like when I’m not fulfilling that role because it doesn’t serve certain dysfunctional dynamics sometimes I’m made to think that I’m wrong for not feeling happy about a certain situation.

Throughout life anyone I’ve complained about certain social issues it’s either swept under the rug or seen as me being too sensitive. But right now I’m starting to feel like I need to probably find more people that understand me or j I need to learn to relate to people without playing a people pleaser role. I should be allowed to not always feel okay about something. I should feel like my opinion is as valid as others.