SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 24th June 2022, 12:30

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes to my cat

@Biscuits - We kept my mum's cat separate to ours to start with and gradually introduced them but they don't get on well at all. Our girl with cystitis stares and growls at our latest addition and flies at her when she walks pass. It would break our heart to have to re home my mum's cat, we just can't do it, plus at 15 she's an old lady. Btw, what are the special biscuits that your girl has for cystitis?

@Quietman - Oh dear, I'm sorry that you're having a tough day
You didn't make a fool of yourself by crying. Decent people would just feel concern for you. Several weeks back I walked a round the supermarket crying after a wave of grief suddenly hit me. I had to leave my husband and son to finish off at the checkout while I went and sat in the car.
Flipping heck, it's not good enough that they haven't got your pills in yet! You need to be taking them every day otherwise your moods and emotions are likely to be all over the place. What medication are you taking?
Old 24th June 2022, 14:52
Banned at own request

^^ Im due to go on venlafaxine, I hope it helps my anxiety better im out of the other. I phoned the doctors today and asked why the doctor had not put about my last prescription and appointment on the system they said dr ahmed didnt write the notes onto the computer two weeks ago they are useless some of them and then you can get good ones.
Old 24th June 2022, 15:25

^ Fingers crossed the venlafaxine will help you more than the current ones you've been on.
Your Doctors sound as hit and miss as mine accept mine are more miss than hit

I'm feeling so fed up.
I fretted all night about receiving a phone call from the mobile hairdresser today and then I've been on tender hooks most of the morning. Then I decide to have a shower and she phones. She's left a message asking me to phone her back. In the past, when I was on the lorazepam, I would have just about coped with this but not anymore. Maybe I should just shave all my hair off. Only SA sufferers would understand how the thought of returning a phone call to a stranger can make you feel gut wrenchingly ill
Old 24th June 2022, 16:50
Banned at own request

^ hope it goes all well for you.

Feeling unable to cope, my dad is playing his music so loud everything is shaking, he really needs to be sectioned under the mental health act.
Old 24th June 2022, 17:12

^ I tried phoning her back but got an answer phone
I'll try again in awhile when I've psyched myself up enough.

Perhaps if your dad's loud music goes on long enough, Quietman, other neighbours will complain and eventually he will realise that he needs to seek help. Hopefully!
Old 24th June 2022, 17:50
Global Moderator

Mood
Hot

Overwhelmingly tired - I could probably sleep standing up.
Sleeping on the sofa is not fun.
Old 24th June 2022, 18:40
Banned at own request

My Godmother has told me to hold on, shes taking legal advise for me, the problem is I cant the music is shaking the house, I have been told I look silly when I have my hair cut short at the top because im loosing it and when I said I wanted to cut it he said shut up winding me up just leave it. My neighbour said I could stay with them for a while but shes 93 and I dont want to bother her, Im running out of money because he wont pay for his share of the bills we are suppose to go 50 50 so now I cant buy the game ive saved up for, I no its just a game its just something to look forward to
Old 24th June 2022, 19:17

Mood
Cynical

^ That's good that your Godmother is taking legal advice. Is there any chance that your neighbours might make a noise complaint about your Dad playing such loud music?!
Old 24th June 2022, 20:01

Shit.
I know it seems all I do is moan about him on here. But I have no one to moan to and sometimes I just need to get it out my head.
I got home from work today and was trying to talk to him about what's going on at work at the minute....he looked at me with a blank face as if I was talking Swahili...he didn't look interested at all
Then the news came on . He had his laptop on. I'm trying to have a conversation with him. I asked him 'what do you think of that?' Regarding what was on the news. I had one sentence from him. Why doesn't he want to talk to me
I get quiet people. I'm quiet. But sometimes you think ,we're partners and we don't even have conversations.

He was on his sports forum. I've seen the stuff he's posted on there. He can have a full blown conversation/ debate with someone on there but he doesn't with me, it just feels sad.
I think he talks more to his mates on there than he does to me in real life.

I know I know I should talk to him about it but I know he won't understand
Old 24th June 2022, 20:25
Banned at own request

^ I dont have any advise for you, as I have never been in a relationship before, the only thing I can say is keep trying to talk to him, sorry I couldnt be of more help.

Finally he stopped the music and is sleeping peace at last, the neighbours have gone on holiday, thats his excuse.
Old 24th June 2022, 21:04

Just so utterly miserably fed up. I can't do it, any of it.
Old 24th June 2022, 22:58

^ I'm sorry to hear this, especially as I thought you'd been sounding so much more positive and happy resently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietman
My Godmother has told me to hold on, shes taking legal advise for me, the problem is I cant the music is shaking the house, I have been told I look silly when I have my hair cut short at the top because im loosing it and when I said I wanted to cut it he said shut up winding me up just leave it. My neighbour said I could stay with them for a while but shes 93 and I dont want to bother her, Im running out of money because he wont pay for his share of the bills we are suppose to go 50 50 so now I cant buy the game ive saved up for, I no its just a game its just something to look forward to
It's great that your Godmother is seeking legal advice for you. Would it be possible to stay with her for awhile?
If your 93 year old neighbour lives on her own she may actually like to have a trusted young man staying with her who could help her with some of the chores, shopping etc. It sounds as if you already help her an awful lot and she enjoys your company. I wouldn't think she would have offered if she thought you'd be any bother.
It's so unfair that your dad isn't paying his share of the bills! He should be treating you to the game you want after being so mean to you.
When it comes to hair, I always think when it's getting a little thin on top it can look thicker when it's been cut short, so that's sounds like a good idea and if that's what you want to do then go for it and to your dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia
Shit.
I know it seems all I do is moan about him on here. But I have no one to moan to and sometimes I just need to get it out my head.
I got home from work today and was trying to talk to him about what's going on at work at the minute....he looked at me with a blank face as if I was talking Swahili...he didn't look interested at all
Then the news came on . He had his laptop on. I'm trying to have a conversation with him. I asked him 'what do you think of that?' Regarding what was on the news. I had one sentence from him. Why doesn't he want to talk to me
I get quiet people. I'm quiet. But sometimes you think ,we're partners and we don't even have conversations.

He was on his sports forum. I've seen the stuff he's posted on there. He can have a full blown conversation/ debate with someone on there but he doesn't with me, it just feels sad.
I think he talks more to his mates on there than he does to me in real life.

I know I know I should talk to him about it but I know he won't understand
I'm sorry you're feeling so frustrated with your partner and the relationship. I think it's quite a common way to feel once the honeymoon period is over, and couples tend to feel secure and comfortable in their relationship and perhaps start to take one another for granted a little bit. I'm certainly no relationship expert, far from it, but perhaps you could get your partner away from his PC for the weekend by planning to go somewhere together that provides an environment you both find relaxing. For example, a visit to the park, a drink at a pub or a coffee when you're out shopping. My husband works though out the week and always winds down by playing games on his PC in the evenings but at the weekend we make a point of going for a lovely walk in the countryside and to get reacquainted, lol.
Old 25th June 2022, 07:27
Banned at own request

^ That's a very kind offer, hopefully though I should get paid in July and should be able to get it then, but thank you for offering Lee its very kind of you.
Old 25th June 2022, 08:26

Aww, Lee. You're such a sweet hearted man
Old 25th June 2022, 10:07

^ You are lovely
Old 25th June 2022, 11:50
Banned at own request

I went into the chemist today, and the chemist and the pharmacy started talking about my health and said somethings that I only told the GP, I am just wondering if a pharmacy has access to your medical records?

I’ve just read they can and this upsets me because they never asked for my permission also they was talking about some of the things I said to the doctor which is suppose to be confidential.
Old 25th June 2022, 11:57

Mood
Cynical

^ No I don't think they do, they will know generally what medications are prescribed for though and have the instructions from the doctor on what dose you should be taking.
Old 25th June 2022, 12:01
Banned at own request

^ They told me that the doctor wanted to review me in two weeks for a review and also told me when I had my appointment with the doctor, while also saying you talked about your medication didn’t you like the citolopram. I never told them anything of this beforehand.
Old 25th June 2022, 12:19

Mood
Cynical

^ I think the doctor puts on the system when they want to review the medication, so they will be able to see that if the doctor put two weeks time. I guess they can see when you had the appointment with the doctor from when the medication was ordered and the doctor may have added a note that you have decided to switch to this medication as you didn't get on well with Citalopram. But I'm not sure!
Old 25th June 2022, 12:20
Banned at own request

^ I was just wondering if they could see your full medical history.
Old 25th June 2022, 12:23

Mood
Cynical

^ Oh no, I'm pretty sure they can't.
Old 25th June 2022, 16:00
Banned at own request

Had a great afternoon reading, came downstairs it was raining all my weights was outside my dad had taken them from my room had a workout and left them outside in the rain and now all the soft grip handle bars are ruined I no its trivial but they cost me a lot over the years and my mom brought me the last set. Everyone reaches thier breaking point and I have just reached mine. Im leaving this world I cant take it anymore.
Old 25th June 2022, 16:03

^ sorry to hear that Quietman

You'll get over this in time, once you're away from your Dad and his mental problems. Stay with us.
Old 25th June 2022, 16:09

Mood
Cynical

^^ You might be able to dry them off and still use them
Old 26th June 2022, 01:42

Mood
Sad

Quote:
Had a great afternoon reading, came downstairs it was raining all my weights was outside my dad had taken them from my room had a workout and left them outside in the rain and now all the soft grip handle bars are ruined I no its trivial but they cost me a lot over the years and my mom brought me the last set. Everyone reaches thier breaking point and I have just reached mine. Im leaving this world I cant take it anymore.
Stay strong Quietman.
Old 26th June 2022, 02:09

Quote:
Im leaving this world I cant take it anymore.
I hope you haven't hurt yourself and are alright

There are lots of us here for you, Quietman, stay strong!
Old 26th June 2022, 22:02

Much bleugh/time slipping away/never gonna fit in.
Old 27th June 2022, 07:49

Mood
Doubtful

Dreading my outpatient appointment at the hospital. I'm very ill - I feel my life is over but I don't want any more meds - that's all they ever offer but I don't know what to say...plus they want to take me off their patient list because they said there's not much more they can do because they've tried all their meds and CBT.

I filled in an application to join the democratic therapeutic community which takes a long time to get on five months ago. When I rang my psychologist two weeks ago her secretary said the form was still in her office. They hadn't even sent it!

I'm at my wits end.
Old 27th June 2022, 09:23

^mancman71 I hope your appointment goes well though, and they change their mind about removing you from their list.

Not for mental health, but for another health condition, it happened to me that when the consultant changed, the treatment they were pushing for was different too. It shouldn't be like that, but organisations aren't perfect and as we see in the news they often get it wrong. So it's worth putting your foot down if you don't agree with their decisions.

What is the "democratic therapeutic community"? Sounds interesting, but it's infuriating that the psychologist didn't send your form!
Old 27th June 2022, 09:33

^^ I'm so sorry that you're feeling so hopeless about everything Mancman. I wish I had something helpful to say but I'm feeling pretty much the same way myself
I hope that your outpatient appointment goes okay and that they don't just try to fob you off with yet more antidepressants. It's shocking that they want to take you off the patient list when you are obviously still in need of help and support.
What's the democratic therapeutic community? As Clumsy says, it sounds interesting That secretary needs to get that form sent off sharpish!