Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 9th April 2021, 10:14

Mood
Bored

Default non essential shops

Which non essential shop will you visit first on monday 12th April , will you be camping outside ready to rush in and buy your non essential goods?

If clothes shops are non essential does that mean we can walk around naked?
Old 9th April 2021, 11:02

Mood
Cynical

Default Re: non essential shops

^ I'm afraid if you have no clothes you are expected to wrap yourself in a blanket to go outside

I miss browsing in charity shops, I would like to do that again. But I won't be rushing there.
Old 9th April 2021, 11:14

Not a shop but I could really do with a haircut!
Also dentist (not looking forward to that and I know I could do it anyway but I really could do with a check-up)
As for shopping, no thanks, there's nothing I need to cram myself into a hall full of sweaty oiks for, I can get whatever I need online nowadays. I miss food markets though. Wouldn't mind meandering past a cheese stall or beer shop with an eye on the free samples.
Old 9th April 2021, 11:42

Mood
Lucky

Just the gym and haircut for me.

Don't really need anything from the shops although might pop into Waterstones if I'm passing by and they aren't making people queue to get in.
Old 9th April 2021, 11:55

There are no shops I really miss since the usual ones I go to haven't been closed. I will probably go clothes shopping in a month or two maybe. No rush though. I look forward to going to restaurants and cafes more than shopping, but I won't bother while we have to sit outside. I never like doing that anyway in this country, but when it's going to be so busy and they're rushing people then it'll be even more unpleasant. Got a haircut booked for in two weeks though!
Old 9th April 2021, 11:56

I think that I want to wait until I'm vaccinated before releasing myself back into the wild.

Plus wearing masks for too long makes me feel really hot and...I don't know... sort of panicked! I don't think I could sit at the hairdressers in one. There's this really great DIY haircut tutorial that I found and it's really easy to follow.
Old 9th April 2021, 12:11

Mood
Lucky

Yeah, since the weather has gotten warmer I've really been feeling uncomfortable in masks. I can see why people with certain conditions really struggle wearing them. Hopefully when all restrictions are lifted in June we won't still have to wear masks?

My barbers doesn't make you wear a mask so I don't mind going. Home hair cuts are OK in a pinch but they don't compare to the real thing.
Old 9th April 2021, 12:20

^ yeah hahaha my home hair cuts have kept it healthy but it's really basic and somewhat wonky! I miss the general feel of being at a salon. The glorious head massage. And that lovely smell. I can't stop stopping to having a little sniff of my hair afterwards (secretly ofc).

Ohh I thought you had to wear a mask at the barbers? Is it because you are having stuff done to your face?
Old 9th April 2021, 15:35

^ I can't bear the head massage! I always think it feels a bit creepy.
Old 9th April 2021, 16:28

Mood
Lucky

Thankfully men barbers don't tend to give them!
Old 9th April 2021, 16:35

Haha I always refuse if it's offered or tell them not to bother if they start without asking. It's not necessarily a creepy factor for me, it's just that I don't find it relaxing to have a teenager digging her acrylic nails into my scalp. It just feels like a weird situation.
Old 9th April 2021, 16:43

...head massage? I think if I had one of those sprung on me I'd freeze up, all wide-eyed, like a wasp had just landed on my face. Especially considering I don't go to the hairdressers.
Old 9th April 2021, 17:02

Mood
Alienated

I don't do shops

I cut my own hair, I buy food online..I buy clothes online (I basically gamble once a year and buy a few bits and hope they fit) ..there is literally nothing for me to go into a shop for.

I wouldn't mind eventually going out for a meal or a drink..but I will wait for the drunks to get bored/arrested..going out anytime soon will be absolute chaos.
Old 9th April 2021, 17:23

Guys.... come on... have a word with yourselves
Head massages are uhmazing!

Donate your unwanted ones my way

Sooo relaxing...afterwards I feel all floaty and where-am-I-ish.
Old 9th April 2021, 18:39

Oh no head massages make me gag. I once had my eyebrows done at a new salon and she started massaging my head while the dye worked. After a minute that felt like 10 she asked if I wanted her to do it and I said no, she then rested her hands on my forehead. I’ve never been back.

On the topic of my eyebrows that would be the first place I go on Monday, to get my damn eyebrows sorted. She’s already contacted me though and my appointment isn’t until May!!

I’ll be working starting Monday since my little shop will be back to business. There’s nowhere I really want to go, I hate shopping, I do most of it in my own shop because we get really good stuff.
Old 9th April 2021, 19:29

Mood
Worried

Looking forward to looking in bookshops, as well as some crafty shops.

I'm more looking forward to museums and animal parks, which should also be reopening on Monday.
Old 9th April 2021, 19:36

Charity shops, local libraries (sort of shops!) and TKMaxx (when you have size 12 feet that also need a wide fitting you’re forced to live life to The Maxx!)...or ‘at the Maxx’

Old 9th April 2021, 19:41
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I'm not sure I can really be bothered. I went to town yesterday for the 1st time in well God knows, months. As I had an appointment. Was 1st thing in the morning so lovely and quiet, came out of the appointment midday ish and the few shops that were open where packed.
It really did make me feel anxious? stressed? . The only thing I fancied was a wander round Next which obviously was shut. Stupidly went into a large Sainsburys (I'm used to my small to middling one) and I couldn't get out quick enough. Didn't think lockdown had affected me but apparently hanging out in the villages for most of the year really has!

Will have to get my haircut but that aside I'm not overly fussed about hitting the shops.
Old 9th April 2021, 19:48
Global Moderator

Mood
Cold

My friend's birthday is the week after next and I was thinking I'd go shopping for her pressies instead of shopping online in order to save a small fortune on delivery charges. Not sure I can be arsed though, it just feels like so much effort now.

That said, I booked myself in at the hairdressers the day they announced the lifting of lockdown measures - I've had enough of these roots and ratty ends. Really can't wait for that.
Old 9th April 2021, 20:11

Mood
Alienated

Woman at work who ..is probably the type who will be there on the first day of opening reserving a table at the nearest bar, shes been trying to book a meal/day out..shes already struggling to find anywhere available at the end of May.

Tits to that, I'll go out in June!
Old 14th April 2021, 19:05

I saw a woman on the tube carrying two big Ann Summers shopping bags. The lockdown has effected us all in different ways.
Old 15th April 2021, 16:39

^ I wonder at exactly what point in the lockdown her last pair of saucy knickers perished? Mine all had threadbare gussets by Christmas
Old 15th April 2021, 16:43

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt
^ Mine all had threadbare gussets by Christmas
Old 15th April 2021, 17:41

^^^Haha wonder if there was a detectable tremor on the Richter scale in London last night.
Old 15th April 2021, 19:08

Mood
Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam.
I saw a woman on the tube carrying two big Ann Summers shopping bags. The lockdown has effected us all in different ways.
Good for her, at least she's having the time of her life.