SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 15th March 2021, 22:52

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

^/^^ Yeah, I think because I grew up as an only child I built some fantasy up in my head of how wonderful it would be to have brothers and sisters. In reality, I realise that a lot of siblings don't get on at all, and it's very rare for all of them to get a long like the Waltons. When you didn't even grow up together and the only link is a cruel and negligent birth mother then I've probably got more chance of getting a long with some random person walking a long the street. I guess I hoped they'd be some kind of connection because of our shared DNA as the folk on those long lost family programmes feel a bond as soon as they meet but who knows how many siblings the makers had to get through before they found the perfect ones.

That said, I feel so deeply disappointed and think I must have the word 'Reject' tattooed across my forehead. I mean how come cousins meet up later in life and get a long so well? My half brother and a half sister said I looked a bit like our birth mother so it was doomed from the start. Baring a physical resemblance to a monster is never a good thing
Old 16th March 2021, 12:16

Struggling so much with everything today.
I just want to sleep and forget
Old 16th March 2021, 22:03

^ that's sounds like a good idea to take a little break from your family, especially as it's impacting on your mental health.

I hope tomorrow has a little bit of sunshine, so you can go for a nice little walk or sit in the garden with the cats and a cup of tea. Try to take a little time just for yourself.
Old 16th March 2021, 22:04

My ear is causing me so much grief this evening. It's got a right throb on.
Also just feeling rubbishy and miserable in general. Can't wait to be asleep and properly switched off.
Old 16th March 2021, 22:15

Mood
Tired

Fine. My Covid vaccines have been booked. First one coming up on Good Friday.
Old 17th March 2021, 18:52

Mood
Alienated

Great to hear you have a vaccine booked Sunshine Recorder!

Biscuits, how long has your ear been giving you grief? I’d definitely recommend booking a GP appointment if you haven’t already
Old 17th March 2021, 19:16

Thank you ^ & ^^.

A nurse practitioner rang me on Monday and they prescribed a spray. It's an alcohol spray to stop the spread of infection, but it's not getting any better. (Having said that, I have only used the spray for two days, so perhaps I'm being a bit impatient!) She said wait until Friday to call again.

It's so uncomfortable and bad today hopefully it improves a bit tomorrow.

@sunshine - that's great news :D!
Old 17th March 2021, 19:54

^ wait, it's Wednesday. I've been using the spray for three days.
Old 18th March 2021, 20:42

^ sorry to hear that you're feeling that way . I hope tomorrow is a bit nicer for you.

-----------------------

My ear has suddenly got really bad today, so I'm really worried that my ear drum will burst again . I'm trying to do things to distract me from it and I've taken some ibuprofen but it's a constant uncomfortable ache that I can't switch off from.

I've booked a phone consultation tomorrow. I should have rang yesterday, but I thought it was just me being wimpy about it and thought I should wait a few more days.

Sorry for constantly posting about this, but I don't have anyone to talk to about it and I don't want to be annoying to irl people!
Old 18th March 2021, 23:25

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
^ sorry to hear that you're feeling that way . I hope tomorrow is a bit nicer for you.

-----------------------

My ear has suddenly got really bad today, so I'm really worried that my ear drum will burst again . I'm trying to do things to distract me from it and I've taken some ibuprofen but it's a constant uncomfortable ache that I can't switch off from.

I've booked a phone consultation tomorrow. I should have rang yesterday, but I thought it was just me being wimpy about it and thought I should wait a few more days.

Sorry for constantly posting about this, but I don't have anyone to talk to about it and I don't want to be annoying to irl people!
Don't apologise, you post what you like.
Old 18th March 2021, 23:59

^ thanks haha. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be given some antibiotics and then be able to shurrup about it!
Old 19th March 2021, 00:16

Mood
Cynical

^ I was just going to say if you haven't already been given antibiotics maybe you need them. Ear pain really is one of the worst pains!
Old 19th March 2021, 00:28

^ it really is horrible! I’m definitely going to ask for some antibiotics or some stronger pain killers!
Old 19th March 2021, 00:46

Mood
Alienated

Biscuits I hope you get some antibiotics sorted tomorrow! You're not being 'wimpy' at all.
Old 19th March 2021, 01:09

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
^ thanks haha. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be given some antibiotics and then be able to shurrup about it!
One wonders why you weren't given antibiotics in the first place.
Old 19th March 2021, 03:33

Thank you. It's so bad tonight . They usually avoid prescribing antibiotics for ear things as they usually clear up on their own after three days, but this is quite aggressive. Ouch!
Old 19th March 2021, 17:22

Thank you everybody

I've been prescribed a high dose of amoxicillin so hopefully this pains clears off in a day or two.

The nurse said to continue with the ear spray but the pharmacist said not to! Eeek. I decided not to spritz my ear last night because it said on the label to stop if you experience pain or it doesn't work after three days. Plus you shouldn't get an infected ear wet, so I'm going to stop the spray.
Old 19th March 2021, 17:59

Mood
Cynical

^ That's good. Ah lovely amoxicillin, saviour of ears.
Old 19th March 2021, 18:42
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

So tired this week. Mostly hormones I think. Had a lovely morning at Sanctuary esp as it actually felt like spring! but have had to have a snooze this afternoon. Feel a lot better for it mind you.
Old 19th March 2021, 21:39

Mood
Tired

Much better now that I have necked a few painkillers and some Booze
Old 19th March 2021, 22:10
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^^ Thanks Nanuq . Yeah it was lovely.
Old 19th March 2021, 23:13

Thank you, chapesses
Old 20th March 2021, 09:42

^

It seems that more and more people are purchasing cages to keep their dogs in. It's baffling. It's not too difficult to train them to sleep in their beds at night if people don't like them sleeping on their beds.

Perhaps people take them on without really knowing what to do. I watched a tv show about this family with a dog that would rip their cushions to shreds, so they'd just put him in a cage. Dogs need positive reinforcement far more than negative reinforcement, it stresses them out because they want to be a good boy/girl and feel rewarded with your affection. Of course they do need to known your tone of voice changes when they're being a bit naughty, so they know to stop. But you have to be straight in there to give them affection when they do the right thing.

Creating a calm and loving environment for your pets in the most important thing. They also need to know the boundaries early on. If it's all chaotic and the pets are making noises and unhappy then things need to be adapted. The connection with cats/dogs and wanting them to feel like their part of the family, and setting boundaries for them always comes really naturally to me. Wish I could be the same with hooman beans too. sadly not.

Whoops sorry - very passionate about this.

plz don't do a quote.
Old 20th March 2021, 09:48

^^What a stupid person. Of course it’s crying and barking it’s locked in a crate for most of it’s day when it’s nature and breeding screams out for it to run about and play. That and it’s lonely. Some people don’t deserve dogs.
Unfortunately there’s nothing you can do as there are no laws that consider it as animal cruelty. If you want to stage a heist though we can go steal the dog
Old 20th March 2021, 10:12

^ can you flag it up to the mods to report it. They might be able to report the IP address to the relevant authorities.
Old 20th March 2021, 11:05

Mood
Cynical

^ I wonder if you know the woman's name from her post and you still have the contact details of the breeder that you got your puppies from you could contact them and let them know about this woman's treatment of the dog.
Old 20th March 2021, 11:24

Mood
Cynical

^ My mum's dog slept in a crate for quite a few years, but he is a chihuahua and the crate was huge compared to him! It was more for his safety because people were coming in and out at night and so there was no risk that someone would leave a door open or something. He was never in it during the day though and he never cried or barked, in fact he was happy to hop in there to his comfy bed lol. Now he sleeps ina bed in my Mum's room, I think because they're both a bit older and like the company.
Old 20th March 2021, 11:41

I was reading yesterday about how so many people got dogs last year when they were at home bored and lonely, that now many are being abandoned or taken away by the authorities because of welfare concerns. Apparently almost half the people who got a dog in the last year regret doing so, and two thirds of the dogs adopted in the last year haven't ever been to a park or outside space. I initially thought the increase in dog walkers was because they were off work and so were doing it at other times, but you can definitely tell there are more dogs about (also because of the increased amount of shit on the pavements). Many aren't prepared for the separation anxiety that their dogs will likely face once the owners go back to work either, so the situation will obviously get worse over the next year.
Old 20th March 2021, 13:38

Mood
Lurking

I don't know how anyone can leave a dog in a cage all day and night. We've had 3 dogs in the past and when we had one of them in the late 70's cages were what the animals in the zoo were kept in.

Puppies are just the same as young children the need to be trained, our border terrier the last dog we had was set up to match our life. He always slept in the bed at night, but had his basket to sleep in through the day. His main obsession in life was ball, he would chase up and down the hallway all day.

He had a friend from next door a Jack Russell who used to come in for hours and the would play fights, tug of war, chase the ball and then when they were both bushed he would go for a nap on his bed and she would go onto the sofa.

He knew when we were taking him to his favourite beach as when we turned off to A1 to head for Boulmer, he was all of a quiver with anticipation. Running on all that sand used to make is pads and feet really soft afterwards.
Old 20th March 2021, 13:52

Was feeling bad, comes in waves, about girl cousin growing distant from me, male cousin not caring about me as he has a second kid but I had to hear from others to know.

But I think I have to accept reality. It helps when I feel good about myself.