SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 26th December 2019, 17:34

Mood
Cynical

Default Re: What didn't you know until recently?

^^ Ah, it would make more practical sense to be able to do it online though for people who get PIP.
Old 29th December 2019, 20:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
In the summer I went to a Everyman cinema that has opened up near me. Sat down and realised there was a little sort of table you could swing round on the arm of your chair and lo and behold ppl started getting brought food and wine/beer etc.. during the film!
---
Everyman cinemas are a bit odd,
After all the main cinemas refused to show The Irishman last month, it was only my nearest Everyman who had it on.
Almost 4 hours long, I just know people woulda been eating & munching all around me, and up and down toileting constantly

So I did something I'm really ashamed of.
I watched it at home on a small screen*

*An act that should be made illegal
Old 29th December 2019, 20:41

^ It'd probably be better on a television due to all that bad CGI anyway, wouldn't it?
Old 29th December 2019, 21:02

^ Hm point taken.
On the cgi scenes just close your eyes and think of goodfellas
Old 12th January 2020, 16:39
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

That Elvis Presley died on the toilet

After all those number ones it was a number two that killed him.
Old 15th January 2020, 15:05

(Spoiled for those understandably sick of me going on about relationships.)

Old 15th January 2020, 15:16

I'll never get sick of reading about your relationships because it makes me feel like I'm not alone in some small way Please keep it coming.

I'd probably say the same if I was your mum though.
Old 15th January 2020, 15:49

Mood
Cynical

^^ Can't really argue with your Mum there! I wonder how this guy sees things going, is he only viewing this as a short term casual thing or if there are feelings on his side too would be want to continue with you, even if he already has a partner. It's not totally impossible to do that, if you're also up for that.
Old 15th January 2020, 17:07

^ I don't knowww. I'm scared to ask. I know he wants some form of relationship long term - he's super keen I do a PhD here and when I've joked about leaving in the past I've had a full on horror face with mutiple reassurances needed after that I'm not (which I rather like).

I think my issue is is that I'm totally going to properly fall in love with him if things keep going as they are. He's too cute, caring and lovely towards me and we've got total rapport (not to mention an endowment you can joke about the size of without fear of offence). We spent two hours in bed today just cuddling because we both weren't feeling well and it was beyond perfect (as we both kept telling each other). If I do end up loving him properly I won't be happy playing second fiddle and not having that sort of thing whenever.

^^ Hahaha. Well I'll bear that in mind.

If mum and 2 SAUKers say so, I guess it will be so for the mo.
Old 15th January 2020, 17:24

Mood
Cynical

^ See that all sounds so lovely, who wouldn't want more of that! (There always has to be something doesn't there, playing second fiddle would not be ideal really, you deserve better than that.)
Old 15th January 2020, 17:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appear
^ I don't knowww. I'm scared to ask. I know he wants some form of relationship long term - he's super keen I do a PhD here and when I've joked about leaving in the past I've had a full on horror face with mutiple reassurances needed after that I'm not (which I rather like).

I think my issue is is that I'm totally going to properly fall in love with him if things keep going as they are. He's too cute, caring and lovely towards me and we've got total rapport (not to mention an endowment you can joke about the size of without fear of offence). We spent two hours in bed today just cuddling because we both weren't feeling well and it was beyond perfect (as we both kept telling each other). If I do end up loving him properly I won't be happy playing second fiddle and not having that sort of thing whenever.

^^ Hahaha. Well I'll bear that in mind.

If mum and 2 SAUKers say so, I guess it will be so for the mo.
Is there no chance you'd ever be able to play... equal fiddle? Or do you think you'd only ever be happy if you two were an exclusive couple? Is there not a chance that he might want to redfine his relationship with his partner if his feelings for you develop?
Old 15th January 2020, 19:03

Lightbulb Re: What didn't you know until recently?

That I have a lovely singing voice
Old 16th January 2020, 23:09

^^ You may be right, jigglypuff. Trouble is at the moment I just can't say no to him when he wants to do something, which seems to be all the time. He left mine 40 mins or so ago and I'll be seeing him again in 10 hours. Ridic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
^ See that all sounds so lovely, who wouldn't want more of that! (There always has to be something doesn't there, playing second fiddle would not be ideal really, you deserve better than that.)
Tell me aboutt itttt. Seems to get better each time too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen.
Is there no chance you'd ever be able to play... equal fiddle? Or do you think you'd only ever be happy if you two were an exclusive couple? Is there not a chance that he might want to redfine his relationship with his partner if his feelings for you develop?
I don't think that's possible for him... as I understand it they're meant to be open just for the sex. And I know he's not told his partner the extent of what's going on with us - when I met the partner a while back I was told not to allude to certain things. And stuff's only got intenser since then. And honestly at the moment I just want him all to myself.

Relatedly, I didn't know until tonight how much two hours of restricted over-armrest half hugs, caresses and sly kisses on the back row in the cinema could make you want someone. Take me baccckkkkkkkk.
Old 17th January 2020, 08:43

Quote:
I don't think that's possible for him... as I understand it they're meant to be open just for the sex. And I know he's not told his partner the extent of what's going on with us - when I met the partner a while back I was told not to allude to certain things. And stuff's only got intenser since then. And honestly at the moment I just want him all to myself.

Relatedly, I didn't know until tonight how much two hours of restricted over-armrest half hugs, caresses and sly kisses on the back row in the cinema could make you want someone. Take me baccckkkkkkkk.
I wish there was a better vocabulary for this stuff. I think half the time it only gets confusing because it's difficult to talk or think about certain things without using the terms that "normal" people use, since those words and definitions already exist and they're so familiar. It feels very limiting having to interpret everything using the language and framework of something that's completely different, if you get what I mean. I don't know. I'm probably not making much sense and maybe it doesn't apply to you anyway.

It sounds really nice, what you have with him. Hiding things from his partner seems like it's asking for inevitable trouble, though I'm sure you know that.
Old 17th January 2020, 17:11

^ I get what you're saying. And I think you're right about the 'hiding' - even though they're technically 'don't ask, don't tell', I'm pretty sure he's flexing some rules. I don't know how much of that should really be my concern though.

Ho hum.
Old 17th January 2020, 18:00
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Quote:
^ I get what you're saying. And I think you're right about the 'hiding' - even though they're technically 'don't ask, don't tell', I'm pretty sure he's flexing some rules. I don't know how much of that should really be my concern though.
Ho hum.
Ask yourself how you would feel about it if you were the one being lied to?
It has a potential to get very messy and you may well end up being blamed for the breakdown of their relationship.
There needs to be a serious conversation about exactly what both of you are expecting from the arrangement and, as you have already said that you are not prepared to share this guy, he has to make a decision between you and his current partner.
At the moment he is enjoying the best of both worlds, visiting you for a bit of fun and then returning to the safety of his relationship while you are left yearning for the next meeting and wanting more.
Old 17th January 2020, 21:05

^ I don't think it's as simple as that though. I don't know all the details and it's not my responsibility to manage the parameters of their openness. I'm told it's okay. It's only little things that I've picked up on that make me wonder otherwise.

I feel like I want all of him, yes, but I really don't expect that. And I'd probably argue against things going that way (which is very unlikely) - we've not known each other long and I wouldn't want him to take that risk unless he really felt sure.

I've told him just the same about me being left and wanting more. He says it's no easier for him. I might just be being played though.
Old 17th January 2020, 21:15

Have you thought about finding another fwb? Maybe it'll help 'dilute' things a bit.
Old 17th January 2020, 23:18

Mood
Shoveit

Bernard hill is still alive...thought he was dead me self.
Old 18th January 2020, 05:24

^^^ Is the Welsh guy in a longterm, open relationship and started seeing you on the understanding that you are friends with benefits but you have been spending a considerable amount of time together.

Do you know how he is in a open relationship?
Old 26th January 2020, 00:06

^ Friends with benefits was how it started but things have changed a little bit since then.

Earlier in the week talk got deep and he ended up sat at the end of my bed teary as if he wanted to say something but couldn't. I eventually got him to talk and basically the big L-word was said and I said it back, because f**k I do. Turns out he's felt like it since before Christmas, just like I probably have if I'm being honest with myself. And since we've opened the L can the words just keep coming out.

He's spoken to his partner about stuff (though I think he might have just described it as 'feelings for each other') and they're moving to a more polyamorous situ.

I'm not sure what to do about things. It's confusing. I know he must truly care about me given the tears and all the little things he's doing for me (it's actually a bit too much at times). But it feels like a big risk for me to continue stuff together and I've told him this (this time, I was teary) - he thinks it's the same for him. It also feels horrible because though I want to respect his existing relationship it's hard to when you feel this way.

He told me yesterday he's never felt like this about anyone before (again with tears, though I'm still a bit skeptical). It all feels amazing but at the same time I can't shake the feeling that we're going to end up hurting each other. I've told him that but he seems more optimistic about it - I'm not sure how though.

Either way, at the moment I can't say no to a face I get more happiness from seeing than almost anything else. (And it's soooooooooooooo cute - his cheeky smile makes me too gooey.) So my current thinking is to f**k future concerns and enjoy what we have now.
Old 5th February 2020, 20:48
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

That when you lose internet and get a message up saying - please check your connection (or whatever it says), the little black and white t-rex dinosaur at the top of the page is actually a game.

If you press space bar the dinosaur moves and you have to jump cactus's.
Whilst you wait to reconnect.
Old 24th February 2020, 12:20

I was learning about how film works this morning and read that there is no viable vegetarian alternative to the emulsion coating used on it, which is made from gelatin. Apparently PETA only use photos taken with digital for that reason.
Old 24th February 2020, 23:46

How much weight I've lost since around October time. I'd assumed it was a kilogram - 2 at the very most - but it's actually 5 or 6.

My diet hasn't changed that much and I'm sure I'm doing less exercise than I was before October, so where it's gone is a bit of a mystery. It means I'm technically now in the underweight bit on the BMI (but only just). I did wonder why it was getting so uncomfortable to sit on thinly cushioned chairs and park benches. Simultaneously, my stupid mind quite likes the way my body looks like this (tight trunks sit so nicely), so I'm conscious of putting too much back on.
Old 27th February 2020, 16:31

Mood
Fine

Alaska, holds the rather contradictory distinction of being BOTH the most Easterly AND the most Westerly State in the USA!
Old 27th February 2020, 18:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilm
Alaska, holds the rather contradictory distinction of being BOTH the most Easterly AND the most Westerly State in the USA!
Now that is a proper fact - that's what they should be teaching in schools, not all this three Rs and science rubbish (well, I suppose it's geography, technically, but never mind).

If that doesn't impress everyone down at the pub, change pubs!

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
Old 27th February 2020, 22:43
Banned at own request

That idiot Ricky Gervais was music advisor on This Life.
Old 8th March 2020, 12:48
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

That plants can only photosynthesise at temperatures above 6°c.
Old 19th March 2020, 00:56

https://twitter.com/stendahlknows/st...41016962920451
Old 28th March 2020, 15:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutedsoul
That maggots can be used to treat some infections.
And that some people have infections on their maggots.