SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 18th January 2007, 20:20

Default Hanging myself

edit: sorry
Old 18th January 2007, 20:25

Mood
Sleepy

Default Re: Hanging myself

Old 18th January 2007, 20:32
Administrator

Mood
Tired

I think you need to give serious consideration to not committing suicide. There is always hope and things will get better.

You can quote me on that.
Old 18th January 2007, 20:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultus
I think you need to give serious consideration to not committing suicide. There is always hope and things will get better.
I agree one hundred percent. There is lite at the end of the tunnel.
Old 18th January 2007, 22:04

Mood
Tired

Hi theunknown

Please don't do anything like that. As the others have said things can and will get better. Talk to someone, one person. Everyone has a value, everyone is equally deserving of a chance at life.

Consider contacting one or more of the following organisations:

The Samaritans
www.samaritans.org.uk
08457 909090
jo@samaritans.org
National Phobics Society
0161 227 9898 (Mon—Fri, 10.30—16.00)
Helpline for people affected by anxiety, phobias, compulsive disorders, or panic attacks
No Panic Freephone help line and other services
www.nopanic.org.uk
0808 808 0545, 10-00 am TO 10-00 pm and answerphone at other times.
In the US: 1-800-SUICIDE
SANE telephone helpline offering practical information, crisis care and emotional support to anybody affected by mental health problems.
0845 767 8000 (12 noon-2 am) http://www.sane.org.uk/public_html/index.shtml
Find a helpline in your country www.befrienders.org/bidir/centre.html
Email help (english and other languages)
www.befrienders.org/email.htm

Regards

-S
Old 18th January 2007, 22:21

Post Re: Hanging myself

Please don't do this. You should ask for help from someone, probably your doctor.
Old 18th January 2007, 23:22

A gun would be easyer? or maybe find your local heroin addict and get him to give you a big dig of brown.

I hope you are not has well.
Old 18th January 2007, 23:35

If you've really reached that point theunknown you have nothing to lose by seeking help from your GP etc like the other guys have said. If you tell them you're in danger of taking your own life you'll get help straightaway -- there's a lot more that can be done to treat severe depression beyond the usual prescription meds. Please get yourself some help mate

Phil
Old 18th January 2007, 23:49

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. These thoughts are part of an illness, depression. I know it can be hard but please try to fight them. Like other have been saying there is light at the end of the tunnel and the morbid thoughts (of all kinds) in depression don't reflect who you are.
Old 19th January 2007, 00:10

Sorry, but verging on suicide (meaning someone is in total despair) is not what you could call 'being an arse'.!!!

I know you've been through a dreadful event Bananaman & I'm really sorry, really sorry for your loss but in these cases the person who wants to commit suicide deserves just as much sympathy and concern as those might end up being survivors (family/friends).

Clearly this guy's at the end of his tether, and h e needs help. Calling him selfish (and anyone who feel suicidal, selfish) is going to do bugger all to help the situation. Why is his pain not as important as that of whoever survives him??
Sorry, I've had past episodes involving suicide and it's just touched a raw nerve that's all.

The Unknown, if you really are contemplating this seriously please get in touch with your doctor or even one of those Hotlines, they can really help in times like these.
I know it's a cliche' but, this will pass, you just need to hold on there ... things always sort themselves out in the end.
Hope you come back to keep us posted as to how you are doing.
Old 19th January 2007, 00:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCaster
Surely it dosen't help making someone feel guilty for feeling depressed..
I thought this was a joke, has in joking.
Old 19th January 2007, 00:28

On some of the yanky sites.... threats like this get DELELTED.
Old 19th January 2007, 00:29

Mood
Pensive

Hope you are okay theunknown and this was maybe a passing feeling. If you are having suicidal thoughts you need urgent help.
Please post again and let us know that you are okay
Old 19th January 2007, 00:33

^^^^ Ditto
Old 19th January 2007, 01:02

We are all in relationships with ourselfs i guess. Depression is like ending a loving relationship, has in girl friend, boy friend, and when you are depressed, you have yourself there one minute, and its gone the next. Loss the end of the relationship with yourself? There so meny people out there that think that beinging in a lovin relationship with the opposite sex is the answer to life and conforming, having kids and doing all that shit will make you happy? What happen when you have all that and you are still not happy, or you no doing all that shit will not make you happy? DEPRESSION ?

Its like we are in conflict with ourselfs and we are in a disagreement with ourselfs. So what do we have left....Choice.

We choice to be the way we are and depression is like yesterdays hangover. After pressing endless buttons and listening to that shity voice the only thing we have is choice. I ain't drinking that shit anymore in makes me feel bad.

I'm trying to choose not to be like it anyone, and thats the only way. Choice to find out who you really are?
Old 19th January 2007, 02:20

im sorry but i larfed......its just i took an overdose of paracetomol and woke up with a ****in HEADACHE.....i figure someone or something has got more posotive/constructive things for you in mind.....the facts are your better to drop from a hieght....it snaps ur neck...they put ur equal amount of weight on the trapdoor, then pull the lever.....it snaps ur kneck....if you want strangulation look up welsh guards....its slow and unless ur handcuffed you WILL fight it....unless like in the falklands war they suffered excruciating pain which their fellow soldiers SUFFERED ...so dont be so haSTY EH....YOU never know wots round the corner....i saved a blokes LIFE once....from a fire....next thing he is practically married with a BEAUTIFULL son....i often wonder had i been off me head would i have heard his FIRE alarm.....answer no.....ur sort m8 are just asking for help....u never MEAN it....i know a few lads on here....talk about it.....but NEVER....give in to them BASTARDS....love urself love life.....hey maybe oneday youll be saying wot im saying to you to others....this board is solid....pure PEOPLE.....talk eh..?
Old 19th January 2007, 02:45

ive just wet me sen...lololol
Old 19th January 2007, 08:27

I agree with Bananaman. It would be selfish. I couldn't do that to my mum. She's a lovely person. I don't know why I posted that. I thought since you guys don't know me I'd simply get a straight answer. This is strange form of depression. I couldn't go through with suicide because I felt I had my whole life ahead of me. I can see there's so much to appreciate about life and there are people that really love me and care about me but I'm just not able to feel it. It's been like this for nearly two years now. I don't know what to do.

Anyway, sorry about my initial message. It was rather childish, stupid and completely unlike me. And yes, MasterCaster, it was a message that ordinarily would make me laugh.
Old 19th January 2007, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorthegalliant
im sorry but i larfed......its just i took an overdose of paracetomol and woke up with a ****in HEADACHE.....
Just to be on the safe side.... you're aware that paracetamol has a delayed toxicity? I.e. you feel bad at first, then a day or so later you feel better - but a few days after *that* you get the liver failure. It's essential to seek medical attention in the case of paracetamol overdose, even if you feel fine now.

I wonder how many people have overdosed on paracetamol, regretted it but failed to get help because they thought they were OK after the first day or so...
Old 19th January 2007, 11:05
CaughtByTheFuzz

Can you honestly say that you've done everything you possibly can to improve your life? Have you tried every medication and every therapy available?

If you have any doubt, however tiny, you can't do it.

You're in my thoughts. Take care.
Old 19th January 2007, 11:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaman
I really do hate people on here who are posting about killing themselves. I want to grab them by the arms and talk some sense into them. I wish I could have done that to Bobba.
Boba Fatt? Was that suicide? At the time i assumed it was accidental; he seemed to be getting his life back on track.
Old 19th January 2007, 12:08

Mood
Pensive

My mother committed suicide a few years ago, but I myself don't see it as the most selfish act in the world, in fact I have a real dislike of that idea.

My mother took caustic soda, this is often used to clean ovens, I once tried to use it to clean the piston on a motorbike, and it burnt right trough the alloy metal. This wasn’t the first time my mother tried to kill herself using caustic soda. Now does this sound like the actions of a selfish person or a desperate person, a person in deep pain? I know which I believe.

In a world full of selfish people trying to grab what ever they can for them selves, no matter how much they already have and at what cost to others, it amazes me how we reserve the label of 'most selfish' for people who are so desperate and hurting so much that they are driven to take their own lives. I just don’t agree it is.

Sorry if anyone is offended by anything I’ve said.
Old 19th January 2007, 12:21

Dude hanging yourself is one really unpleasent way to go, and even more unpleasent for whoever has to find you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
here exist many reports and pictures of actual short drop hangings which seem to show that the person died quickly, while others indicate a slow and agonising death by strangulation.
Old 19th January 2007, 12:22
CaughtByTheFuzz

Some people may commit suicide with an element of cowardice - they haven't really tried to get better and just give up.

There will be those that truly try everything and find that in the end, their pain is just too much to bear.

Every person and every situation is different. Not all people that commit suicide are selfish.

I hope you're feeling better today, theunknown.
Old 19th January 2007, 19:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus

I have often seen such posts on the forums over the years.I have come to think that the real ignorance and selfishness comes from the people calling those who feel suicidal selfish.
I could not agree with you more, Rufus.

It is far too easy and simplistic to criticise people who arrive at a conclusion when the balance of their mind is so obviously skewed and in complete turmoil.

I've been suicidal myself. I've took an overdose and I've got as far as putting my affairs in order and making my plans to do the job properly. People not in that state of mind will never be able to understand how suicide actually feels like a viable option. When I'm rational and sane I wonder how the hell I ever felt so low that suicide was a welcome relief.

Some people make out that suicide is something like an extreme act of self-indulgence, but it is not. It is the last refuge for people who have reached the absolute limit of what they can endure in their lives. It is an act of overwhelming despair, desolsation, hopelessness and the desire for some kind of release from it all, and some peace.

When people kill themselves their minds are usually well beyond rationally thinking through who their actions will hurt. The pain blinds you to everything else and is all-consuming.

Selfishness is knowing that your actions will hurt others, but thinking it through and deciding you don't care anyway. When suicidal, such rational thinking is rarely an option, though.

As someone who pulled back from the brink of suicide I can say now that issues can be addressed and life can get better. I'd hope that everyone who feels suicidal could somehow pull things around too, and reconsider. I'd not condemn anyone who has considered suicide, though. Some states of mind can be so tortuous that suicide becomes a welcome relief. All I can say is thank god I don't get so low as to feel such states of mind these days.

Mike,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum.
I agree with you completely. Your mum sounded more like a person in desperation and suffering deep emotional pain than someone acting out of selfishness. I'm sorry to hear of your loss, and I agree totally with you post.
Old 19th January 2007, 21:36
nothing_to_say

If I didn't have family depending on me, I doubt I would still be here. Nothing outside my family seems worth a damn.
Old 19th January 2007, 23:04

Mood
Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunknown
I agree with Bananaman. It would be selfish. I couldn't do that to my mum. She's a lovely person. I don't know why I posted that. I thought since you guys don't know me I'd simply get a straight answer. This is strange form of depression. I couldn't go through with suicide because I felt I had my whole life ahead of me. I can see there's so much to appreciate about life and there are people that really love me and care about me but I'm just not able to feel it. It's been like this for nearly two years now. I don't know what to do.

Anyway, sorry about my initial message. It was rather childish, stupid and completely unlike me. And yes, MasterCaster, it was a message that ordinarily would make me laugh.
I am glad you feel better a bit better theunknown. I know what you mean about not being able to feel the love people have for you although you are aware of it. It is a common symptom of depression I think but you will not feel like this forever even though you have felt like it a long time.
You say you don't know what to do but I am sure talking through your feelings with a professional would help you to understand why you are feeling like this and what to do to feel better.
I am really glad you posted as it is always very worrying when people post about wanting to commit suicide.
Old 19th January 2007, 23:15
Shallah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innervision
I could not agree with you more, Rufus.

It is far too easy and simplistic to criticise people who arrive at a conclusion when the balance of their mind is so obviously skewed and in complete turmoil.

I've been suicidal myself. I've took an overdose and I've got as far as putting my affairs in order and making my plans to do the job properly. People not in that state of mind will never be able to understand how suicide actually feels like a viable option. When I'm rational and sane I wonder how the hell I ever felt so low that suicide was a welcome relief.

Some people make out that suicide is something like an extreme act of self-indulgence, but it is not. It is the last refuge for people who have reached the absolute limit of what they can endure in their lives. It is an act of overwhelming despair, desolsation, hopelessness and the desire for some kind of release from it all, and some peace.

When people kill themselves their minds are usually well beyond rationally thinking through who their actions will hurt. The pain blinds you to everything else and is all-consuming.

Selfishness is knowing that your actions will hurt others, but thinking it through and deciding you don't care anyway. When suicidal, such rational thinking is rarely an option, though.

As someone who pulled back from the brink of suicide I can say now that issues can be addressed and life can get better. I'd hope that everyone who feels suicidal could somehow pull things around too, and reconsider. I'd not condemn anyone who has considered suicide, though. Some states of mind can be so tortuous that suicide becomes a welcome relief. All I can say is thank god I don't get so low as to feel such states of mind these days.

Mike,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum.
I agree with you completely. Your mum sounded more like a person in desperation and suffering deep emotional pain than someone acting out of selfishness. I'm sorry to hear of your loss, and I agree totally with you post.
Excellent post.
Old 19th January 2007, 23:24
Co-Administrator

Mood
Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike
My mother committed suicide a few years ago, but I myself don't see it as the most selfish act in the world, in fact I have a real dislike of that idea.

My mother took caustic soda, this is often used to clean ovens, I once tried to use it to clean the piston on a motorbike, and it burnt right trough the alloy metal. This wasn’t the first time my mother tried to kill herself using caustic soda. Now does this sound like the actions of a selfish person or a desperate person, a person in deep pain? I know which I believe.

In a world full of selfish people trying to grab what ever they can for them selves, no matter how much they already have and at what cost to others, it amazes me how we reserve the label of 'most selfish' for people who are so desperate and hurting so much that they are driven to take their own lives. I just don’t agree it is.

Sorry if anyone is offended by anything I’ve said.
So sorry to hear this

ren
Old 19th January 2007, 23:40

People who commit suicide are NOT selfish they are ill with depression. Yes it bloody hurts when someone close to you kills themself (talking from experience), but to say that this is a selfish gutless act is below the belt. If you've never sunk that low, don't judge.
Closed Thread