SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 26th June 2006, 16:23

Default help!

Is anyone else on here trying to lose weight?
I ve been trying for about a month now, and was doing ok up until last week, when it was that time of month where i wavered a bit and had a couple of bad days...
I ve tried to pick myself up and carry on but i m finding it a real struggle now ...
Can anyone offer any advice on how to get back in the right frame of mind so i can get back to losing weight again...
I am feeling so down at the moment and cant pick myself up....
i feel like i need a quick "fix" with chocolate again but i know once i ve eaten it i ll feel worse... but its soo tempting...arrrrrrrrgh. this is what started the problem in the first place .. comfort eating when i feel really down
Old 26th June 2006, 17:46
Administrator

Mood
Tired

Default Re: help!

This might be a good place to start http://store.maximuscle.com/epages/m...rTemplate/1303 It's full of good advice and has helped me a great deal.
Old 26th June 2006, 17:51
Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluted
Yeah, but you don't need to buy any supplements.
No, not at all. I didn't mean to imply that you did. What I'm pointing out is that the site offers a wealth of sound, practical health advice. Have a good look around. It's all tried and tested. The supplements are of course an optional extra.
Old 26th June 2006, 17:53

Hi luckie, I'm trying to lose weight as well, but I weighed myself last week and have managed to gain 2lbs! I only weigh myself monthly, so it's not too bad I suppose... but I must lose the 2lbs and hopefully a bit more, next month, or I know I will feel really down!

I've struggled to stay on my diet last week and so far this week... just hope I can get back into it soon. I think my eating has got bad again cos I'm due to start my new job next Monday and I'm getting nervous/anxious now!

I sometimes find it helps to plan out all your meals and have loads of fruit in the house for snacks... Also if I had my way I wouldn't have any junk food stuff in the house (eg chocolate, crisps), but it's not my house and boyfriend's Mum does most of the shopping, so there is always temptation available at the moment! I do buy my own fruit and healthy snacks, but am currently skint, so there are only yoghurts or manky looking oranges available until I get some more money!

Also, I allow myself a treat at the weekend (like a takeaway) as long as I eat healthily during the week. There was a diet based on this in one of the women's magazines (can't remember which one sorry, I just flicked through it in the shop!) Basically you are allowed one day to eat whatever you like (within reason), but the rest of the week seems quite strict...

I'm also trying to force myself to do some exercise... I've mainly been walking and at the moment I try and do two walking sessions of at least thirty minutes a week. Will stick with two sessions a week for now, as I want to get settled into new job and then try and fit in more exercise.
Old 26th June 2006, 17:56

thanks Occultus , i ll check it out.

Jack , cheers for.....er... stating the obvious!!!!
Old 26th June 2006, 18:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchid
Hi luckie, I'm trying to lose weight as well, but I weighed myself last week and have managed to gain 2lbs! I only weigh myself monthly, so it's not too bad I suppose... but I must lose the 2lbs and hopefully a bit more, next month, or I know I will feel really down!

I've struggled to stay on my diet last week and so far this week... just hope I can get back into it soon. I think my eating has got bad again cos I'm due to start my new job next Monday and I'm getting nervous/anxious now!

I sometimes find it helps to plan out all your meals and have loads of fruit in the house for snacks... Also if I had my way I wouldn't have any junk food stuff in the house (eg chocolate, crisps), but it's not my house and boyfriend's Mum does most of the shopping, so there is always temptation available at the moment! I do buy my own fruit and healthy snacks, but am currently skint, so there are only yoghurts or manky looking oranges available until I get some more money!

Also, I allow myself a treat at the weekend (like a takeaway) as long as I eat healthily during the week. There was a diet based on this in one of the women's magazines (can't remember which one sorry, I just flicked through it in the shop!) Basically you are allowed one day to eat whatever you like (within reason), but the rest of the week seems quite strict...

I'm also trying to force myself to do some exercise... I've mainly been walking and at the moment I try and do two walking sessions of at least thirty minutes a week. Will stick with two sessions a week for now, as I want to get settled into new job and then try and fit in more exercise.
Thanks for replying Orchid.
I can understand your diet suffering when youre anxious about a new job. Thats seriously heavy stuff to stress over!!!
I hope you manage to lose the 2lb.
I think walking is easy to fit in, i mean i do a lot of walking anyway.

I try to eat healthily most of the time, its not easy when i ve got 2 kids stressing me out. I find its hard not to comfort eat when i m stressed. I ve managed to control it for a month though, i just want to be able to keep it up. I dont weigh myself , i prefer to use my clothes getting looser as a guide.

Good luck with the new job. Hope it goes well
Old 26th June 2006, 18:18

I'm trying to loose weight too, although I'm not very good at it!
I find that although I loose all motivation after a couple of bad days, a couple of good days will get me back on track. Do you write down everything you eat? Cos actually having to go and pick up a pen before you eat any chocolate and working out the calories can be off putting! Good luck
Old 26th June 2006, 18:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lora
I'm trying to loose weight too, although I'm not very good at it!
I find that although I loose all motivation after a couple of bad days, a couple of good days will get me back on track. Do you write down everything you eat? Cos actually having to go and pick up a pen before you eat any chocolate and working out the calories can be off putting! Good luck
Hiya Lora
thanks
i usually do work out the calories before i eat any chocolate unless i know i m just going to totally pig out..
good luck with your weight loss too!
Closed Thread