Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 12th March 2017, 21:44

Default Re: Random Questions (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
you'll know if it's alright or not from the 1st mouthful. Then swallow or spit.
My gran always told me that the proof was in the swallowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt
I may be under forty, but maybe it's best not to trust my word, because there was a point during the downfall of Saddam Hussein when I had to eat a fox on a bap, and wash it down with old bin juice. Things just get weird during wartime.
Never forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion10
The cream is riskier than the cake Omar
The cream is new. I was joking earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt
Keep us posted on whether you spit or swallow the cream, Omar.
As my gran always told me: good girls never spit.
Old 13th March 2017, 15:49

Mood
Balanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Little
Okay thanks both. The cream is fine btw.

I think you are both under forty, so I will accept your opinions.
If you were over forty and said it was fine, I would need a second opinion of someone much younger. People over forty think everything is fine, probably because they all grew up during the Blitz, eating rat sandwiches and drinking horse piss.
My grandfather thinks green bacon is 'fine'.
This is so spot on!
Old 18th March 2017, 08:01

Mood
Fine

How do you find a partner when you find it impossible to believe anyone could be attracted to you.
Old 18th March 2017, 09:29

^ You could meet someone, you just probably need a bit of confidence to believe that you're good enough to be someone else's boyfriend or girlfriend.
Old 18th March 2017, 12:04

Mood
Fine

Sometimes I think I'm being flirted with, but then I think they must be having a laugh, it can't be aimed at me because I'm me, or it's my brain trying to give me hope where there is none. If I do ever come to the conclusion that I was indeed being flirted with, it's about 5 years too late usually.

It makes me wonder if Tinder is ideal in a way: Yes or No.
Old 18th March 2017, 23:21

Anyone know anything or experienced prolonged eyelid spasms/twitch/tremors? I've been getting them on/off for over a week now - when it's 'on', it's about every other minute. It doesn't affect my vision or anything, it's not even that bothersome, i just want to know.. whether i'm dying or not
Old 19th March 2017, 02:01

Mood
Lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud
Anyone know anything or experienced prolonged eyelid spasms/twitch/tremors? I've been getting them on/off for over a week now - when it's 'on', it's about every other minute. It doesn't affect my vision or anything, it's not even that bothersome, i just want to know.. whether i'm dying or not
I get these, they seem to be bought on if I've had little sleep. I hope we're not dying.
Old 19th March 2017, 02:33

We're dying, Dimplesxo, we're defintitely dying.

Lack of sleep seems to be quite a factor in this issue - i don't lack sleep though. I'm not anymore stressed or anxious. I've had no lifestyle change for ages. I would say that i'm fairly fit - i exercise regularly.

I really hope that theres something terribly wrong.
Old 19th March 2017, 02:42

Mood
Lonely

Isn't there a cure for us?

Hmm how odd, I'm going to google any answers Wait, you hope there is?
Old 21st March 2017, 16:05

^ Apparently it comes and goes without rhyme nor reason. Bit annoying really .. i just had a spasm then :/ Which eye is it for you? Mines the left, top eyelid.
Old 21st March 2017, 20:57

Mood
Lonely

It is annoying, I don't get it often but I always worry about twitching in public (even though I don't know anyone )
It's either eye for me.
Old 21st March 2017, 21:02

Either eye .. ?? Oh dear. Yeah, there's definitely something wrong with you

How weird. I'm not worried about public twitches cos i'm not sure whether it's noticeable ... wait, have you checked? You have haven't you - and it looks ridiculous, right?
Old 21st March 2017, 21:07

Mood
Lonely

Yep I already know that!
Maybe it's like a nervous tick?

Haha I had one a few weeks ago whilst I was speaking to my Mum and asked if she noticed, she didn't but it feels noticeable doesn't it?
Old 21st March 2017, 21:17

Hmm, i don't know, maybe. It doesn't happen whilst i'm stressed or anything. I notice it more during the late afternoon/evening time, but that tells me nothing..

Ha, i thought you might've checked in the mirror. I haven't told anyone irl about my twitches, i don't want to show weakness Yeah, it does feel noticeable.
Old 22nd March 2017, 01:55

Mood
Lonely

Let me know if you find any cause

I'm a weak soul, shame on me Keep a mirror near by!
Old 22nd March 2017, 21:39

Has anybody else been checking the "A-Z SAUK Members" thread to see if their username came up on the relevant letter? (mine did, thank you Victoria Lucas )
Old 23rd March 2017, 00:09

Why is there a small box at the side of a postbox.
Old 23rd March 2017, 06:58
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I've got an old PC Tower (not sure how old tbh. I've got 2004 in my head but could be older I suppose). It runs Window 98. I stupidly when I moved house, ages ago, got rid of the monitor and keyboard. Anyway it has on it scanned photos which I really want back (there really old and I have no other copies, the originals being lost in house move). I also have lots of documents I would like back.

So my question is where the hell can I get a Keyboard that runs windows 98 and I think (tho i'm not sure) plugs in using ps/2 connection. I have looked online but most seem to be in the USA or have usb connections (my old keyboard might have been usb but I really cant remember). That and I get lost knowing if i'm buying the right thing.

Also to remove these files I'm guessing I need a Memory stick 1.0 (tho i'm not sure, as when it was in use the PC was using bloody floppy discs! ). I still have the mouse (I think) thankfully. Which just leaves a monitor, the old monitor was hooked up with a parallel cable which I'm pretty sure I still have. I was planning on hooking it up to a small LCD tv (I have noooooo idea if that would actually work).

Any advice gratefully welcome as I'm not particularly techy.

My alternative would be to take it to a shop and ask if they could retrieve all of the documents for me. Would PC shops do this tho for a PC that's old and decrepit?
Old 23rd March 2017, 12:09

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
I've got an old PC Tower (not sure how old tbh. I've got 2004 in my head but could be older I suppose). It runs Window 98. I stupidly when I moved house, ages ago, got rid of the monitor and keyboard. Anyway it has on it scanned photos which I really want back (there really old and I have no other copies, the originals being lost in house move). I also have lots of documents I would like back.

So my question is where the hell can I get a Keyboard that runs windows 98 and I think (tho i'm not sure) plugs in using ps/2 connection. I have looked online but most seem to be in the USA or have usb connections (my old keyboard might have been usb but I really cant remember). That and I get lost knowing if i'm buying the right thing.

Also to remove these files I'm guessing I need a Memory stick 1.0 (tho i'm not sure, as when it was in use the PC was using bloody floppy discs! ). I still have the mouse (I think) thankfully. Which just leaves a monitor, the old monitor was hooked up with a parallel cable which I'm pretty sure I still have. I was planning on hooking it up to a small LCD tv (I have noooooo idea if that would actually work).

Any advice gratefully welcome as I'm not particularly techy.

My alternative would be to take it to a shop and ask if they could retrieve all of the documents for me. Would PC shops do this tho for a PC that's old and decrepit?

Many USB keyboards would work I think, if not you can get USB to PS/2 adapters, they used to be everywhere. Not all devices are compatible though.
You could get one off eBay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-KB-0316...EAAOSwsW9Yz-Fh
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-USB-2-...YAAOSw5cNYQZ6R

I assume you mean the blue VGA socket? Yeah a lot of old flat screens support it, and should work

I'd imagine a PC repair shop would sort it for you. But if for some reason they won't, you could take the drive out and use a PATA/IDE to USB adaptor on another computer to get the files
Old 23rd March 2017, 15:29
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity
Many USB keyboards would work I think, if not you can get USB to PS/2 adapters, they used to be everywhere. Not all devices are compatible though.
You could get one off eBay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-KB-0316...EAAOSwsW9Yz-Fh
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-USB-2-...YAAOSw5cNYQZ6R

I assume you mean the blue VGA socket? Yeah a lot of old flat screens support it, and should work

I'd imagine a PC repair shop would sort it for you. But if for some reason they won't, you could take the drive out and use a PATA/IDE to USB adaptor on another computer to get the files

Thanks Oddity
Yeah VGA is what I meant! I was posting before 6am and still sleepy.

Crikey your optimistic about my level of computer skill 'take the drive out...' Whaaaa??

Thanks for the keyboard links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird McFlumpsy

^^ Oddity is of course correct. Win98 has full usb support so any modern usb keyboard would also work in windows 98. Plug the keyboard before you turn it on and it will be working by the time its booted. Many old lcd screens also have a VGA plug, not all though. MOdern ones tend not to because they have hdmi instead. It will look like this and you use the same lead you would have used before, which you may have thrown away with your monitor because they are normally screwed in. You can get VGA to hdmi adapters but they are not alwasys easy to get working, it depends on the resolution.

Thanks Flumpsy

I'm not at home at the min but will have a look when I am. Yeah it's possible I threw the cable out with the monitor. I do recall at the time having to unscrew and screw it a lot cause the monitor kept blinking out from it being loose. I may have just decided to hell with it. I think the s'morning in my post I was actually sleepily thinking initially about the parallel printer cable
It's so long ago I've forgotten the old tech stuff.
Old 23rd March 2017, 21:53

Mood
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud

Isn't that blepharospasm, isn't that quite common? I think that's how botox was discovered because botox blocks blepharospasm or something like that, I can't remember, too long ago, I don't remember it being that serious though, but equally I could have early onset Alzheimers, so take that with a pinch of salt.
Old 23rd March 2017, 23:24
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
Have you tried putting on freecycle that you're looking for a monitor and keyboard? Loads of people have old computer bits they want to get rid of.

My Dad's got all sort of computer bits in the shed, if only you lived closer. (I have no idea where you live - just assuming you don't live near me!)
Thanks biscuits I think i might have a look into doing that.

Yeah I'm in Sussex so i'm assuming i'm probably far from your dads shed.
Old 23rd March 2017, 23:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMouse
Isn't that blepharospasm, isn't that quite common? I think that's how botox was discovered because botox blocks blepharospasm or something like that, I can't remember, too long ago, I don't remember it being that serious though, but equally I could have early onset Alzheimers, so take that with a pinch of salt.
I might've read about this already, but it's just a mild twitching and hasn't developed any further. I'm not that fussed. It's not the 'jackpot' condition i'm hoping for
Old 24th March 2017, 11:54

This is the sort of question I hesitate to ask because it makes me sound like a complete manchild, but:

You know when you do a bit of dusting with a cloth, and the cloth gets all dirty and dusty... what do you do with the cloth? Throwing it away seems wrong, but trying to wash it seems wrong too. I'M AFRAID OF GETTING CLOTHS WRONG.
Old 24th March 2017, 15:30

Just soak it in boiling water.. with Dettol or something
Old 25th March 2017, 13:52
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Do 'normal' people do anything other than get pissed in their spare time?
I've got to know a few 'normals' recently and all they ever seem to do is go out and get pissed at the weekend.
Admittedly I'm only hiding away in my room but surely there's better things to do than get drunk all the time?
Old 29th March 2017, 17:10

Does anyone want a free personalised Guinness rugby glass?

I've already got one on the way and we have loads of pint glasses already. It's completely free, you just have to enter a code and fill out a little detail - it's very simple and won't hurt your head.
Old 29th March 2017, 17:13

Do you pull back when you piss?
Old 29th March 2017, 17:21

... Sorry, i'm not following - was there a foreskin joke in there or something else?
Old 29th March 2017, 17:22

it concerns foreskin but was a serious question :x