SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Mental Health Issues
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 15th October 2021, 07:30

Default Re: If it is not broken*trigger warning - domestic abuse

Domestic abuse is not just about a person hitting or threatening their partner. It can include a whole range of things including belittling, constant criticism, isolating someone from their friends and family, sexual abuse and financial control.

* I answered every question aside from the financial and sexual abuse. I knew there was no financial abuse or harm. I decided to walk away without trying to challenge. Lose the battle to win the war. The sexual side was a grey area. There were verbal assaults related to sexual matters. Not physically. Girlpowa why won't you? Even though you must have been a man in your past life. Sure you are woo-man and not a mmuncher. Odd. Thomas. I am not going to explain this juvenile remarks to the audience.

Idas.org.uk
Old 15th October 2021, 07:35

Default Re: If it is not broken* trigger warning

Women's aid.scot

Domestic abuse is a pattern of controlling, coercive, threatening, degrading and/or violent behaviour, including sexual violence, by a partner or ex-partner. Domestic abuse is overwhelmingly experienced by women and perpetrated by men. It doesn’t matter how old someone is, what race or ethnicity they are, what class they are, whether or not they are disabled, or whether they have children – anyone can be a victim of abuse.

Often when people think of domestic abuse they think of physical violence, but domestic abuse is very often so much more than that. For many women who live with domestic abuse there will be no scars, bruises or broken bones, but for some it can take their life. No one kind of abuse is more serious than any other.

Controlling and coercive behaviour was criminalised by the Domestic Abuse (Scotland) Act 2018 and the legislation came into force on 1st April 2019. It is a course of conduct offence, where ongoing harmful and abusive actions in a relationship, which in isolation might not seem as serious, are examined together – this is about behaviour over time.

It reflects the lived experiences of women, children and young people by bridging the gap in addressing controlling behaviours not covered by existing offences and crimes
Calling you a s.... who... or other names
Making you feel guilty or like you owe him sex through threats or force
Ignoring you if you say you don’t want to have sex
Threatening to share intimate images of you with your friends, family, community or online – this is also a specific offence under the Abusive Behaviour and Sexual Harm (Scotland) Act 2016

There was sexual abuse. And attempting to implement financial abuse. Everytrick in the book. I ALWAYS said no and I more than paid my way by sevenfold. BTW.
Old 15th October 2021, 07:58

Default Re: If it is not broken

I realise that this has gone beyond negotiation and mediation. Time to talk. Damages or nothing. Do or die.
Old 15th October 2021, 10:17

Am I not allowed to be or get angry on my own accord now? I wasn't allowed to have or express an opinion growing up and now I get told to take tablets if I am emotional. Am I not allowed to feel bereft of a life I should have had? To be angry that people want to resign me to the scrapheap and I am only a teenager who has achieved so much already? Why? It is not the hospital stigma alone. Not all groups of friends, work, coaches and family are like mine. Am I just unlucky? I don't believe in pure luck in lady luck form.
Old 15th October 2021, 13:14

Are you coming out later?
It is Sunday.
Day of rest?
No the Hollyoaks omnibus is on.
Holy socks. I'm less interesting than the soaps. Evidently. Dear Watson. I never need that much rest
That I would spend an afternoon on soaps.
Three hours of soap operas is my idea of torture.
Old 15th October 2021, 18:13

Default Dragons den

Tied up in the diggs. For that reason I will only aim for damages, paid over time. Book and damages. It is the only way. They must face up to what they did.
Old 16th October 2021, 07:43

Default Go down in history wiki page on Rudolph like Columbus

When I say I had a brain d###it. I should be saying: I have a brain! I will make the memoir pro bono and anonymous after all. The damages will be used to help me find a job and get out of square one. I need to eat. I need to live. I need to see my friends and treat them. Treats from auntie too. I need to see new faces. I've paid my dues.
Old 16th October 2021, 08:00

What is another word for "write off"?
https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/an...write_off.html