SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 9th August 2015, 19:45

Mood
Veggedout

Default Just turned 37, only the last few years i figured out what my problem is!

To cut a long story short, All through my young life i was always a bit of a loner, got pushed around a bit a school. Left school and discovered drugs, did too many and lost the plot a for a while. For a long time i thought that was the sole cause of my anxiety until i had to figure out for myself and the grand old age of 35 that i have aspergers. Being young, dumb and high you don't really think about yourself that much. I think the one good thing that came from drugs is that it made me aware of it after a while

Doing ok these days, got my act together, got a good job, live in a nice area but i'm still alone. Wwould be nice to talk to anyone in the west mids area?
Old 9th August 2015, 20:50

Mood
Veggedout

Default Re: Just turned 37, only the last few years i figured out what my problem is!

I have improved my exterior situation at the cost of my interior. Since i got into work its made me face my issues rather than just hiding away. I drink more. my hours are shit (work nights and weekends) so there isn't much of a social life. If i'm honest, they only thing keeping me there is the money and the fact i have come so far i don't want to let my family down, or myself. That's just the tip of the iceberg. Its tough trying to be around regular people.

As for the diagnosis, i have not had a doctor confirm it, but you try and find a doc that will at my age! My sister and nephews have been diagnosed, and when i look back at my young life, it reeks of it. I hate it, i hate that i cant communicate properly and clam up. I literally go blank when people talk to me. Being over six foot and stocky makes things even worse as i look kinda tough i guess but im really not like that and it confuses people