SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 29th May 2022, 08:43

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

^^ using trains at night is scary. Also having a higher number of people than usual changes your regular experience of it being quieter. Change is anxiety's favourite food to feast on.

I was in London last night and we walked because we didn't want to get the tube late at night! The darkness always adds extra scares to the already scary experience of being in a busy space. There were a lot of people walking about which made it feel safer.
Old 29th May 2022, 11:31
Banned at own request

Feeling awful, my dads not well but wont see a doctor, I feel under pressure because he wont get help and its all on me to put up with his thoughts about my mom.
Old 29th May 2022, 11:41

Mood
Cynical

^ Is your Dad registered at the same GPs surgery as you? You could tell the GP about what's going on with your Dad and see what they say. You shouldn't really have to cope with this on your own.
Old 29th May 2022, 12:48
Banned at own request

He is and I have asked last year when he said MI6 was after him, they think he may suffer from paranoid episodes of some form but they can’t say much because he won’t go to see them, he’s caused me and my mom so much trouble.

She would be turning in her grave at this latest one I’m sure, just don’t no what to do anymore.
Old 29th May 2022, 13:01

Mood
Cynical

^ It sounds like he's definitely got something causing paranoia going on. Maybe the stuff about your Mum is somehow his reaction to losing her? Atleast the doctors know, but you probably need more support at this point.
Old 29th May 2022, 13:24
Banned at own request

Well for years he seems to have suffered with these thoughts, two years ago I had to go to the police with him as according to him his old boss had ordered people to follow us everywhere we went, and the neighbours was after us, I do feel sorry for him but sometimes you need to help yourself my moms not here to defend herself and I’m just about hanging on at the moment my sister doesn’t even listen, his brother has schizophrenia and I’m wondering if he has it too because my mom said he’s always suffered like this on and off but if he has it why hasn’t anyone picked it up?
Old 29th May 2022, 13:42

Mood
Cynical

^ Ah there is a genetic element to illnesses to schizophrenia so if his brother has it that could be an extra sign that he has it too. Maybe it's because he's just never agreed to see anyone about it?
Old 29th May 2022, 13:49
Banned at own request

^ He’s never been seen but when I had my last mental health assessment they ruled it out for me, I just don’t no how to help him even now while eating he’s going on about it my godmother won’t speak to me he’s accused her of helping my mom, it’s all terrible.
Old 29th May 2022, 14:03

Mood
Cynical

^ It's a shame your Godmother won't speak to you because of what your Dad said, does she not know about his mental health?
Old 29th May 2022, 14:11
Banned at own request

^ She does my mom told her all about it, I think she’s very hurt because my dad said at the funeral that her husband and daughter was very rude to him and they are a disgrace so I think she just doesn’t want to get involved can’t blame her really. I’m hoping this episode passes, it’s just the damage it does to my moms reputation before it’s over.
Old 29th May 2022, 23:14

Mood
Spaced

Frustrated and glad I'm moving away from the US. What a terrible country. I'm supposed to be on vacation for two weeks (well, a semi-vacation), but it's been horrible so far.

I'm actually visiting here right now (in my home state) with my husband to take care of some things and also have a mini vacation. As soon as we land the big story of yet another school shooting is emblazoned on the news and I'm just shaking my head...

I've been packing my things and prepping for completely moving myself over to England. I'm mostly done now, but so many things are going wrong since I got here.

1. Of course a few days before leaving the UK I got the worst headcold I've ever had. :/ The plane ride was freaking awful because my ears "popped" and even now I can't hear out of my left ear very well... I am pretty sure I have an ear infection, but I'm trying to hold out on treating it because I have no clue how much it'll cost to treat myself here with no insurance, and also I don't want to go on antibiotics during my trip because I'll get a yeast infection. -_-
2. Found out that you have to give a covid test before coming (stupid as hell since mask mandate was lifted and they don't bother checking if citizens are vaccinated or anything - so airports are like a giant petri dish). It was so expensive...
3. My Mom is being overcharged hardcore just to use internet here. She has to use her cellphone internet, and she is paying 100$/month it's ridiculous.... Cellphone service and internet service is absolutely terrible in the US and a complete ripoff (it's so slow). After being in the UK and having my own service there, you never have to worry about the cost of use 4/5G data. Over here in the US though? I have to pay 10$ for 1 GB of data!!! So I can really only do the bare essentials. I feel like I'm Amish...
4. Everything is so needlessly complicated here and they love to charge you extra for it. Just had a breakdown because Enterprise basically won't allow my husband to rent a car because he doesn't have a *credit card.* What in the hell!? So now we have to have my Mom do it for us, and they'll tack on an addition 60$ fee for it. I'm so freaking mad. This was going to be for our 2 day beach trip.

I legit never want to come here again. I don't know why Americans deal with this BS honestly. The quality of life here is terrible and companies bleed everyone dry. I can't believe how much money I've been wasting here for no reason. For the love of dog do not vacation in the States unless you have family or whatnot. It's just NOT worth it.
Old 30th May 2022, 02:00

Mood
Gloomy

Depressed, everyone in this hospital is constantly talking about me and not in a good way, and sharing my info to patients
Old 30th May 2022, 08:48
Banned at own request

^ Hi Mellie, just take no notice of them, if they want to gossip that’s up to them, it shows what sort of people they are.
Old 30th May 2022, 08:51

Mood
Gloomy

yeah you are right, just irritating me.
Old 30th May 2022, 16:12

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralOwls
Frustrated and glad I'm moving away from the US. What a terrible country. I'm supposed to be on vacation for two weeks (well, a semi-vacation), but it's been horrible so far.

I'm actually visiting here right now (in my home state) with my husband to take care of some things and also have a mini vacation. As soon as we land the big story of yet another school shooting is emblazoned on the news and I'm just shaking my head...

I've been packing my things and prepping for completely moving myself over to England. I'm mostly done now, but so many things are going wrong since I got here.

1. Of course a few days before leaving the UK I got the worst headcold I've ever had. :/ The plane ride was freaking awful because my ears "popped" and even now I can't hear out of my left ear very well... I am pretty sure I have an ear infection, but I'm trying to hold out on treating it because I have no clue how much it'll cost to treat myself here with no insurance, and also I don't want to go on antibiotics during my trip because I'll get a yeast infection. -_-
2. Found out that you have to give a covid test before coming (stupid as hell since mask mandate was lifted and they don't bother checking if citizens are vaccinated or anything - so airports are like a giant petri dish). It was so expensive...
3. My Mom is being overcharged hardcore just to use internet here. She has to use her cellphone internet, and she is paying 100$/month it's ridiculous.... Cellphone service and internet service is absolutely terrible in the US and a complete ripoff (it's so slow). After being in the UK and having my own service there, you never have to worry about the cost of use 4/5G data. Over here in the US though? I have to pay 10$ for 1 GB of data!!! So I can really only do the bare essentials. I feel like I'm Amish...
4. Everything is so needlessly complicated here and they love to charge you extra for it. Just had a breakdown because Enterprise basically won't allow my husband to rent a car because he doesn't have a *credit card.* What in the hell!? So now we have to have my Mom do it for us, and they'll tack on an addition 60$ fee for it. I'm so freaking mad. This was going to be for our 2 day beach trip.

I legit never want to come here again. I don't know why Americans deal with this BS honestly. The quality of life here is terrible and companies bleed everyone dry. I can't believe how much money I've been wasting here for no reason. For the love of dog do not vacation in the States unless you have family or whatnot. It's just NOT worth it.
Sorry to hear you're having a bad vacation Spectral Owls. Yet another high school shooting and yet another excuse from the NRA
Old 30th May 2022, 20:23
Banned at own request

Feeling better my neighbour said my dad is completely crackers like a cream cracker made me smile she thinks he needs help glad im not the only one though my sister wont help shes useless, I don't have a sister anymore.
Old 30th May 2022, 23:22

^ I'm pretty sure I have hired cars from Enterprise before without a credit card.
Old 31st May 2022, 08:51

Feeling worried
Old 31st May 2022, 09:32

Mood
Musical

Not posted here for abit sorry to hear people are struggling hope things improve to you all...
Old 31st May 2022, 11:59
Banned at own request

Hi Consollida,

Sorry to hear your feeling so low, My grief has come back in to, really bad it just seems to come out of nowhere and hit you.

Although I spoke to the helpline most days im getting suicidal thoughts I wake up at night shaking full of fear, remember to try to keep positive thoughts I no its very hard I still cant see a future without my mom everyday brings with it so much pain its unbearable.

Try to keep strong, we are all here for you, if you need us
Old 31st May 2022, 14:28

^ Thank you, the same goes for you too
Grieving for a loved one is the WORST pain in the world and is utterly unbearable and there's nothing anyone can say or do to make it better. Only time heals so I've been told
Old 31st May 2022, 14:51

Mood
Cynical

^ Consolida, I just wanted to say it's really nice to hear that your son is so confident and getting on well with things in life (although I know this causes you a lot of extra worry!). It's nice to hear of young people who aren't struggling with anxiety in the way a lot of us did. Anyway, hope that makes sense
Old 31st May 2022, 17:15

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consolida
Feeling worried
Whata re you worried about Consolida?
Old 31st May 2022, 17:39

^^ Thank you, that's a lovely thing to say, Dougella, and although I'm somewhat biased, lol, I'm immensely proud of him
I've always worried obsessively that he might have inherited or picked up on my SA but despite being a very shy child he has grown so much in confidence, and is a world away from the sad and lonely figure that I was at 19. It doesn't stop me worrying about him though and now I'm just hoping that he drives back safely from his work experience day up in Birmingham to tell me about his day and the new people that he met!

@ Percy - worried about my son. It's a thing that mum's do a lot
Old 31st May 2022, 17:49

Mood
Cynical

^ You should be proud
Old 31st May 2022, 17:57
Banned at own request

Feeling really down just can't cope with anything in life at the moment, the house has not been cleaned for six weeks I just sit there upset all the time, my mom would be ashamed of me for letting her house go
Old 31st May 2022, 18:26

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consolida
^^ Thank you, that's a lovely thing to say, Dougella, and although I'm somewhat biased, lol, I'm immensely proud of him
I've always worried obsessively that he might have inherited or picked up on my SA but despite being a very shy child he has grown so much in confidence, and is a world away from the sad and lonely figure that I was at 19. It doesn't stop me worrying about him though and now I'm just hoping that he drives back safely from his work experience day up in Birmingham to tell me about his day and the new people that he met!

@ Percy - worried about my son. It's a thing that mum's do a lot
No more worrying missy
Old 31st May 2022, 19:15
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Fairly awful. The lovely realisation and almost acceptance of knowing your life is a total failure and there really is no future. Not now. Hey ho.
Got a few/couple of more sessions with the counselling psychologist, which I will attend but it all seems a bit pointless really.
I need to snap out of this for work tomorrow I suppose, where I will have to smile and pretend to be happy.
Old 31st May 2022, 19:21

Mood
Cynical

^ Mo, your life isn't a failure at all. You've made so much progress after coping with very difficult things.
Old 31st May 2022, 19:21

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
Fairly awful. The lovely realisation and almost acceptance of knowing your life is a total failure and there really is no future. Not now. Hey ho.
Got a few/couple of more sessions with the counselling psychologist, which I will attend but it all seems a bit pointless really.
I need to snap out of this for work tomorrow I suppose, where I will have to smile and pretend to be happy.
Aw Mo sorry you're feeling awful.