SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 5th February 2024, 19:56

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

Yes rehoming cats and dogs is quite rigorous these days. When we got our (old) dog she had to have little play dates with us to see how she got on with us and the cats. My cats are used to staffies and boxers.

I can't wait to see pics!

What will you be naming her? You could make a thread and we can think of names .
Old 5th February 2024, 21:18

^ Yes to a naming thread!!!

That's really exciting Consolida!!
Old 6th February 2024, 10:47

^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
^ That's lovely news that you'll be adopting a new little family member Consolida . You're right it's better that they check that the homes they go to are set up properly with everything they need to give a rescue cat the best care, I think that's a good sign.
Thanks

Tbh, I was expecting to bring the cat back with us when we first saw her on Sunday because that's how it was done years ago and it was only my husband who said that we should perhaps leave the pet carrier in the car, but I'm really glad that there are now checks in place to make sure the home and environment is suitable. After all pets are a huge responsibility and not just for Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy_pretty_Angela
Oh thats good Consolida
Thank you Angela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess&Junkfood
That's nice to hear, Consolida.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
Yes rehoming cats and dogs is quite rigorous these days. When we got our (old) dog she had to have little play dates with us to see how she got on with us and the cats. My cats are used to staffies and boxers.

I can't wait to see pics!

What will you be naming her? You could make a thread and we can think of names .
Aww that's so cute about the little play dates

Ahhh, we've been debating names and I think we (actually make that 'me') may have narrowed it down to two, but if anyone here has any ideas on the subject then please feel free to share

I will say that I have a particular liking for flowery names. We have a Daisy and the beloved furbaby I've just lost (furbaby sounds a bit cringey but 'cat' really doesn't do her justice) was called Poppy.

As to how I am feeling today I'm mentally not at all good but I am really really trying to push myself. I've even done a few chores. My husband is very unwell, possibly food poisoning, we've run out of groceries and I'm semi-agoraphobic but I'm going to make myself drive on my own to the supermarket. It's a massive challenge and I'm terrified but I need to do this.
Old 6th February 2024, 13:52

Mood
Cynical

^ You can do it Consolida! Hope your husband feels better soon too.
Old 6th February 2024, 19:52

^^ I don't think I ever call my cats by their actual names they have tonnes of cute nicknames.

Something flowery - how about Dahlia? Jasmine (or jazzy)?
Old 7th February 2024, 14:01

Drained and irritated

It was a mistake to go uni whilst living at home because it's like my homelife is too unstable to be able to consistently focus on uni.

I think I am drained because I want stuff to be corrected but they can't really be all corrected in one go. It takes time.

I feel definite that I might take a break from uni. It's not that uni is bad, more that my life situation isn't good for uni.

I feel like I have to walk on eggshells around my sister. Since she came back last October, she uses the living room as her bedroom and office and no one can go in there. Has never once helped to empty the trash, doesn't usually wash her own plates. Tbh, I haven't liked this and put some of this to her ADHD. But today as I was going to throw trash away, I went through the living room, her room, and she ran out to take something from the oven in the kitchen. As soon as I entered the kitchen, she ran back to the lounge.

It's a small thing but that made me angry as I am not evil or anything so I feel tired of being treated as so. When she was in uni she never invited us to her graduation, said it wasn't a big deal. Idk why this is in my head now, but I got the impression that she would be ashamed to see us or maybe she didn't even graduate.

It's like walking on eggshells. Before I feared moving out to a houseshare. I still do but have just noticed that this house is like a houseshare. It's not welcoming at all.
Old 7th February 2024, 14:35

Mood
Cynical

^ It is ok to say to your sister "Could you wash up your plates please" or " can we take turns to put the trash out". Those things are totally reasonable to ask.
Old 7th February 2024, 15:10

^ Yes I guess so. I’ll try.

I think because of family dynamics, my mum would tell me off the second there was any argument as teens. Or would say I’m attacking her if I’m not, and then might have been overly passive with my sister so our relationship turned to walking in eggshells. My sister would get away with calling my mum a loser on a few occasions but my mum was probably depressed and mentally ill so wasn’t the most functional parent. And being passive I didn’t step in.

The addition of me having a mental breakdown at 16. At the time I was so ashamed of it as I think I saw being mentally ill as being less than others and probably was scared of what my younger sister thought of a mentally ill brother. And my mum wasn’t there to help me come to terms with having a mental breakdown, but I don’t think she had accepted her mental illnesses though. As kids our relationship was good but it became dysfunctional in my teens, especially after I was mentally ill.
Old 7th February 2024, 15:47

Mood
Cynical

^ Family dynamics can be really difficult, and you've had so much to deal with. Being able to talk about basic things in a calm way usually helps a bit though, and I'm sure your sister doesn't want to feel awkward either.
Old 7th February 2024, 16:24

^Fair enough but I also feel awkward.
Old 8th February 2024, 18:36

The doctor told me that beta blockers (Propranolol) would help me sleep but they make no difference to me. They do stop my heart racing due to anxiety but no help with sleep. It's no fun lying wide awake for hours on end each night.
Old 8th February 2024, 18:53

^once you get to sleep do you sleep for your full quota or wake up early as well?
Old 8th February 2024, 19:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG_
^once you get to sleep do you sleep for your full quota or wake up early as well?
Keep waking up all the time (get restless leg syndrome too). Talk to me about fire doors please.
Old 8th February 2024, 19:40

Rubbish not being able to sleep I've only ever had it from stress at work. Listened to porridge the film on my phone every time I woke up/couldn't sleep. I could probably recite the entire script.

Blergh fire doors don't mention fire doors my work place is trying to drive me round the bend with them.

Today's dull subject is mikuni bs36 carburettor rebuilding specifically focusing on whether ledar air corrector jets are better than dynojet kits. I've got 3 sets of carbs set up 1. Ledar 2. Dynojet 3. Standard set.

I've got so many little brass jets springs needles etc in plastic tubs I'm going jet blind and my brains starting to forget what's what.

Just need dry roads to test them.
Old 8th February 2024, 19:43

Try this to read if you can't sleep sends me into a coma if I read more than one chapter.

https://www.scribd.com/document/4066...SION-BIBLE-pdf
Old 8th February 2024, 20:03

Quote:
Rubbish not being able to sleep I've only ever had it from stress at work. Listened to porridge the film on my phone every time I woke up/couldn't sleep. I could probably recite the entire script.
I love the Porridge film.

Mr Mackay: ''There are only two rules in this prison, Rudge. Are you listening to me? One, you do not write on the walls. Two, you obey all the rules.''

Quote:
Today's dull subject is mikuni bs36 carburettor rebuilding specifically focusing on whether ledar air corrector jets are better than dynojet kits. I've got 3 sets of carbs set up 1. Ledar 2. Dynojet 3. Standard set.

I've got so many little brass jets springs needles etc in plastic tubs I'm going jet blind and my brains starting to forget what's what.

Just need dry roads to test them.
Far too interesting

Quote:
Try this to read if you can't sleep sends me into a coma if I read more than one chapter.

https://www.scribd.com/document/4066...SION-BIBLE-pdf
Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 21:54

^my gf never suffers from insomnia sometimes she falls asleep while I'm mid sentence must be narcolepsy can't possibly be me boring her to sleep.

I refuse to buy a fuel injected motorbike. I'm tempted to go backwards in time instead and buy a 2 stroke. Sorry greta.
Old 10th February 2024, 06:00

Anxious, wearing a new coat. Idk if I just have to get use to the coat. I actually don’t mind it and like how it looks but then it feels too loud or assertive. It makes me feel self conscious. It’s similar to if I have a haircut. It’s nothing amazing but I feel more noticeable in a way.

I think it’s about being so self conscious of being noticed it somewhat having myself outed.

On the other hand I don’t like the look of clothes I feel comfortable in as it’s usually very plain.
Old 17th February 2024, 20:26

^ it takes a while to feel comfy in a new coat. I always feel really awkward when I get a new one. This winter I could've done with a new coat but couldn't be faffed with that feeling definitely gonna need one next year.
Old 21st February 2024, 10:28
Banned

Feel awful, probably PMT.
One main thing annoyed me yesterday. It was a really nice day ,sunny and dry. Few weeks ago we started tidying up the front garden. Weeds and brambles it has. Still got a lot to do. So I was at work and I was hoping my fella would be out doing some more to it. No. Instead he ended doing the same old thing he usually does, sitting on his arse on his laptop, chatting on a sports forum.

I said to him 'i was hoping you'd do some more out the front cos it was a nice day'
He just gave me an awkward look.
Annoys me so much.
Some coving fell down 3 months ago in the bedroom, he still hasn't fixed that.
We also need to get a quote for a new kitchen, he doesn't want to do that yet god knows why.

Stuff needs doing round here and it AIN'T GETTING DONE
Old 21st February 2024, 11:02

^start getting quotes for work to be done. Once he sees how much he'll have to cough up for the jobs he might be motivated.
Old 21st February 2024, 13:25

Very, very anxious. I've got a job interview tomorrow and then another on Friday, and I don't really have any experience of job interviews at all. I've always been self-employed doing work for an aunt and she told me she's thinking of retiring within the next year or two, so I thought it would be a good idea to start applying for jobs just to get some experience of the process. I didn't want to eventually find myself begging for scraps as a freelancer when companies are increasingly using AI to do tasks badly yet cheaply instead of properly by a human.

I thought I would mostly be okay in terms of anxiety because I would just keep in mind that I don't really need it, but as it's getting closer it's getting pretty bad. I assumed it would take more trying to get an interview, or at least there would be more notice given if the applications were successful, I only submitted the applications for these two jobs 10 days ago so it feels like too short notice.
Old 21st February 2024, 13:31

Good luck Jen, I can imagine the dread you're experiencing. Once it's over you can treat yourself for getting through it. It's always the case the anxiety raises as things get closer. At least being so soon you aren't left with it hanging over you for weeks.
Old 21st February 2024, 13:43

Mood
Cynical

^^ Good luck! Maybe after one or two you'll be more used to the process and the anxiety might reduce somewhat. I'm sorry it's so bad right now though. You might be surprised and get one of the jobs so not have to go through any more!
Old 21st February 2024, 13:53

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia
Feel awful, probably PMT.
One main thing annoyed me yesterday. It was a really nice day ,sunny and dry. Few weeks ago we started tidying up the front garden. Weeds and brambles it has. Still got a lot to do. So I was at work and I was hoping my fella would be out doing some more to it. No. Instead he ended doing the same old thing he usually does, sitting on his arse on his laptop, chatting on a sports forum.

I said to him 'i was hoping you'd do some more out the front cos it was a nice day'
He just gave me an awkward look.
Annoys me so much.
Some coving fell down 3 months ago in the bedroom, he still hasn't fixed that.
We also need to get a quote for a new kitchen, he doesn't want to do that yet god knows why.

Stuff needs doing round here and it AIN'T GETTING DONE
Did you say to him before hand "hey it's looking like a nice day today, could you do some more of the garden clearing?" Some people need to be directly asked or they won't think about doing things. Also maybe he prefers to do not do that kind of stuff alone.
Old 22nd February 2024, 11:06

Like a loser
Old 22nd February 2024, 17:32

^ that's not true. You've posted some cool creative stuff on here before (I remember some cool city photos). Don't hold yourself to anyone else's standard.

I'm feeling like I may not get up again from this bed today... not sure why I'm so tired.
Old 22nd February 2024, 19:09

Irritated
Old 23rd February 2024, 14:00

Mood
Cynical

^ What sort of exciting or interesting things would you like to be happening?
Old 24th February 2024, 15:30

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devil, Probably.
There's a realisation that nothing good or worthwhile ever happens.The best life gets is "it's all a little bit dull" .
I totally get this,
I think that we can become very self-protecting due to SA

When you are feeling reluctant to expose yourself socially due to SA you can often find that things naturally become a bit "safe" and hence dull,
But it's SA making us live that way as a kind of self-protection mechanism.

I hate this constant conundrum of "shall I go out and do (seemingly "scary")stuff or not"?
And that part of me that keeps wanting to avoid anything that's seemingly unpleasant or overwhelming in a social stimulation sense.