SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 12th March 2024, 15:33

Default Recurring dreams

Does anyone have similar recurring dreams?

I never finished school formally in 1997 because I didn't take my GCSEs and wasn't there in the final weeks. For years now I've been dreaming about never finishing school and I'm back there wondering when it will end. I had another one today where there was just a few days left. It's always just a week away.

I recently had a dream that I'd finally finished school and I hoped I would now be over it, but it started again.
Old 12th March 2024, 16:11

Default Re: Recurring dreams

Yes definitely. They are never quite the same, but always similar in nature.

I think a lot of it is the sub-conscious trying to deal with issues it sees as unresolved. Things that have made a very big impact on your psychology in the past. In waking life it feels as if those issues are long gone, but the sub-conscious is confused and begs to differ.

Last edited by sophie79; 13th March 2024 at 14:31. Reason: Overshared
Old 12th March 2024, 22:53

Mood
Tired

I often dream that I am gazing up into the sky at night, and being increasingly transfixed by how amazing the stars look,
I start seeing more and more interesting geometric patterns forming in the stars, and then realise that there's an unusually large number of complex patterns in their arrangement,
Then it transpires that they are actually slowly moving about,
It then quickly becomes apparent that it is actually ufo's moving in large formations across the sky,
They are moving quickly across the sky, from end to end, in dazzling, thrilling displays,
It all feels very real, and I am really awed and thrilled witnessing this,
Then it turns to a feeling of dread as I start making out fighter planes trying to do battle with them in the sky,
To and fro, one side battles another, and I wonder at how needless it all is, given how beautiful thrilling and benign the initial displays were.

Inevitably, there are terrible plane crashes and increasing destruction and this usually wakes me up.
Old 14th March 2024, 00:12

Mood
Cynical

I often dream that I'm back at school, but I'm the age I am now and in the dream I'm thinking "why am i back here!" I think "didn't I do these exams already" etc.
Old 14th March 2024, 13:01

^^ What amazing dreams, they sound quite prophetic. :sad2

I have recurring dreams about being in some dreary office job (like a lot of the ones I had), having to get something done, but with things always cropping up to prevent me doing them. Waking up feeling stressed.

Also dreams of being lost in a big city at night, walking around deserted streets with no-one I can ask for help from. Or lost in an underground train network, going off on to different lines and changing trains and never knowing where I am.