SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 27th February 2023, 16:35

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

office clerk in a department store. Be good if I got it, but I don't have the recent experiences to make a compelling case. But we will see. Trip to the lovely rundown town of Torquay.
Old 27th February 2023, 19:18

Not good. It's been rather slow at work again, slim pickings for me, and i'm really getting a sense of things coming to an end. It hasn't been a solid role for me all along tbf and i should've treated it as something to move on from as i look for something more suitable. Easier said than done (especially for me). I'm really getting that dread of going in start to creep in.
Old 27th February 2023, 21:04

jobs boom at the moment, so worth keeping an eye out for something suitable.
Old 27th February 2023, 22:26

Hmmmm, yeah. I wish i was more able.
Old 28th February 2023, 06:21

I don't know the question let alone the answer. I really don't want to be right now.

Not going into work today. **** it.
Old 28th February 2023, 09:51

Mood
Cynical

^ Hey, I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit for what you've already achieved! You've been working in a workplace consistently for how many months now? Coped with lots of different things there.
Old 28th February 2023, 10:19

It's been about ten months. Yeah, i don't think 'give yourself a pat on the back' talk is gonna help in face of the stark reality. We're looking at a tenuous position now, probably quitting and then another difficult transitional period before finding another job - most likely out of desperation (because i need income) and probably not ideal. And this is one of the better scenarios.
Old 28th February 2023, 10:30

Mood
Cynical

^ You could start looking for different jobs now, even just to see what's around, rather than wait until the point that you're just quitting. I know it must be really anxiety provoking, I'm not trying to dismiss your feelings.
Old 28th February 2023, 10:55

Looking for jobs isn't too bad, even whilst trying to deal with the self-defeatist in me, it's the points of engagement that i'll always struggle with. The past couple of jobs i've had family members 'broker the deal', so to speak. I'll have to do it myself this time.
Old 28th February 2023, 11:10

well I just had a drunk interviewer. Beat that.
Old 28th February 2023, 11:25

Mood
Cynical

^ Really?! Were they slurring their words? Are you sure they were drunk or did they have some kind of illness?
Old 28th February 2023, 11:29

90% sure they were drunk (or had some alcoholic beverage), weren't ready for interview, slurring words, slowed actions.
Old 28th February 2023, 11:37

Mood
Cynical

^ Blimey, will be interesting to see if you get the job!
Old 1st March 2023, 01:30

Mood
Alienated

^^ That does sound rather odd! Perhaps they were just tired? I hope the interview was successful though!

I’m getting a bit freaked out about incidents outside my house.

Last week in the middle of the night a lone man decided to kick our bin into the front garden then smash it up, waking me up at 2am.
On Sunday morning at 8am (ruining my lie in!) a couple of local teens were messing about in me and my neighbour’s front garden (they are well known in the local area for their vandalism, abuse and sexual harassment - and I’ve reported them in the past for randomly going up and punching people in the face). Their behaviour was bizarre - like they were on drugs or something. My neighbour called the police, as they threatened her and she was too scared to leave her home. Surprisingly, the police actually turned up, but were very patronising as if we were making a mountain out of a molehill.

And just now, about an hour ago, a bizarre thing happened - looking at my camera, it seems a lone man threw something at our house causing a loud thud and causing the camera (which is inside on a windowsill) to shake - he then was rummaging around in the plants. No idea what that’s about.

So again, my sleep is ruined, and I have a long day tomorrow. I’m freaking out about what that man was doing. What’s worrying is that it’s so bizarre - no idea what those inbred kids were up to, and no idea what the man was up to. I’ll get 4 hours sleep at best, and my mental health isn’t great at the moment.
At this point, I’d quite like to install some kind of no man’s land in my front garden like they had at the Berlin Wall, and employ soldiers to destroy anything that goes into it. The local council might have an issue with that though.

Really getting fed up with all these weirdos interfering with my sleep!
Old 1st March 2023, 08:10
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ That sounds awful.
Old 1st March 2023, 08:12
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I'm feeling a bit
Think this training course I'm being made to do is a lot more than I thought. Turns out it's not 2.5 hours a week but a full day! for 10 weeks.
I think it will be helpful but still....
Old 1st March 2023, 20:07
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ Blimey where on earth do you live? How bizarre. I couldn't stand all that, if your able to move then I would, that would have my anxiety through the roof.

Yeah I know what you mean. I live in a village which is part of a group of villages and the increase in anti social behaviour is noticable year on year. The amount of drugs around is also at an all time high.
Old 1st March 2023, 20:09
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^^^ It's a course that the NHS uses for peer support workers but has been opened up to other organisations. So ImRoc Peer Support worker training.
Old 2nd March 2023, 17:32

regrets, maybe I should have stuck it as a meter reader.
Old 2nd March 2023, 18:27
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralOwls
^ Ugh that sounds frustrating, Professor Willow. For the type of services and help they provide, they should be open to understanding that not everyone can be able to participate this way. Be it mental health reasons, disabilities, tech issues, etc. You should try to reach out to them, because they need to really be trying to accommodate you, and your expectations aren't unrealistic at all!

But anyway I hope your session goes without a hitch! It's so important to find comfort in therapy. Good luck with sorting this out.
Thanks SpectralOwls,
It turned out that the reminder message contained a link to the session and all I needed to do was click the link at the appointment time.

No mention was made of this prior to the session and I couldn't find any info on their website, luckily my partner has already had CBT sessions with the same company and he told me what to do.

The session went without a hitch but I didn't really feel like the therapist was listening to me and it felt like she was just going through a list of tick boxes.

The joy of an underfunded health service being forced to use private companies to help reduce waiting times
Old 2nd March 2023, 19:36

Mood
Cynical

^ So the guy was throwing the brick at your house because he thought it was your neighbours house?
Old 2nd March 2023, 19:54

Mood
Cynical

^ It seems like a possible explanation. But who says "I'm going to tell my big brother on you" anymore, how old are these kids, honestly.
Old 2nd March 2023, 20:54

can the public buy mosquito buzzers? alarms which make an unpleasant sound to U21s
Old 2nd March 2023, 21:00

^ oh gosh. Some people near where I live have those metal black cats with shiny eyes that emit this high pitched sound that is supposed to deter cats. They really aggravate my ears! Bet the cats don't give a flying purr about it.
Old 2nd March 2023, 21:03

yeah only lion poo deters cat.
Old 2nd March 2023, 22:10

Mood
Notamused

Much better. after several days of deep, deep depression I've managed to get on with things. A bit of clearing up outside and some cooking, now running out of 'spoons'.
Old 2nd March 2023, 22:13

Mood
Notamused

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
^ oh gosh. Some people near where I live have those metal black cats with shiny eyes that emit this high pitched sound that is supposed to deter cats. They really aggravate my ears! Bet the cats don't give a flying purr about it.

Cats are the essence of unpredictable, you either love it or hate that about them.
Old 3rd March 2023, 00:36

^^ Glad to hear your depression has lifted Stepford

I'm feeling low but I'm going to try really hard to be more positive and less withdrawn because I can't go another year feeling as crap as I have.
Old 3rd March 2023, 16:38

Mood
Spaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Willow
Thanks SpectralOwls,
It turned out that the reminder message contained a link to the session and all I needed to do was click the link at the appointment time.

No mention was made of this prior to the session and I couldn't find any info on their website, luckily my partner has already had CBT sessions with the same company and he told me what to do.

The session went without a hitch but I didn't really feel like the therapist was listening to me and it felt like she was just going through a list of tick boxes.

The joy of an underfunded health service being forced to use private companies to help reduce waiting times
Aw okay. Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. These online services don't really feel as impactful. I was trying it out myself for my SA recently, and didn't really like how it was like that. The woman helping me was nice, but it was all just missing something.
Old 3rd March 2023, 16:45

Mood
Spaced

I'm not going to lie, I am not doing so great right now...

I'm physically exhausted to the point where I sometimes feel like I'm going to topple over at work. With what has happened with my a**hole-in-law, I feel very defeated... I was looking forward to moving out finally, and put my trust into family members that I shouldn't have... Now all the properties are being taken nearby and the prices are going up. I am so stressed out and tired and I just don't know...

I just want a break since moving here...