SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 20th April 2022, 22:26

Default Have you ever been challenged to a fight?

This was always my nightmare at school - another boy challenging me to a fight, and everyone else knowing about it.
Old 20th April 2022, 23:05

Default Re: Have you ever been challenged to a fight?

Yes!

By a boy!

Him: "Do you wanna scrap?"
Me: "Wossss a scrap?"
Him: "A fight!"
Me: "Alright..." and I pushed him into the fireplace (unlit)

I got into so much trouble for that! It also broke a pot that I recently found out that my mum had to pay for

Another time me and my friend used to have fights outside this man's house. We fancied him, so we thought if he saw us fighting that he'd come out and try and break it up. He never did.
Old 20th April 2022, 23:38

Not really. Someone threatened to "knock me out if I keep mumbling" at work, on my first day back from holiday no less. The joys of retail!
Old 20th April 2022, 23:38

^^^ That's a sweet story about the man Biscuits
Also, the horrid boy falling/being pushed into the fireplace was totally worth that broken pot!

My so called best friend used to sometimes challenge me to a fight but I wouldn't take her up on it because I was a placid child and would have been too afraid of getting into trouble. Years and years later her mum told my mum that the girl used to say that I was a goody two shoes. I guess there's worst names to be called but it rather offended me
Old 21st April 2022, 00:36

Not really on a serious level. But I was teased and occasionally punched or happy slapped.
Old 21st April 2022, 09:47

Mood
Cynical

Nope.
Old 21st April 2022, 11:51

I've been threatened loads of times (the joys of working in retail) but it very rarely turns physical. I've become an expert at diffusing situations before they turn nasty. In a way it's a positive thing as it's made me a lot more assertive, but it's also made me more suspicious and paranoid. I almost expect aggression these days.

I was in lots of fights as a kid, but I was very easily provoked back then. I try and avoid violence as an adult as it never ends well.

There are some very angry people around these days and it's very easy to get into some sort of confrontation. I'm surprised so many people here are answering "no" tbh. We seem to be becoming increasingly aggressive as a society in this country.
Old 21st April 2022, 12:25

Never have. I was completely passive at school, impossible to get a reaction out of; it would have been like challenging a capybara to a cage fight. I don't think I've been anywhere near a situation where a fight could break out since. Good job too, because I might just have to UNLEASH THE BEAST.
Old 21st April 2022, 18:18
Banned at own request

I definitely remember the nipple twister I had it tried on me once or twice school kids are really nice aren’t they
Old 21st April 2022, 18:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by The*Crafty*Elf
I once came to blows in Woolworths with a guy over the last Santa Suit. We were in a tug of war with this Suit which ended up ripping and the guy ricocheted off backwards landing in this big tub of Pick 'n Mix. I legged it out of there toot sweet and the guy ended up in A&E having Pick 'n Mix surgically removed from every orifice
I suspect this is pure rhubarb
Old 21st April 2022, 18:44

Yes, I had my share of fights as a child, and often beat up kids bigger or tougher than me. As a adult I've been threatened several times, mostly in road rage incidents, and there have been a number of occasions when many blokes would have started a fight with someone else who was being provocative, but so far I've always turned the other cheek. I'm too old for fighting anyway, except in self-defence.
Old 22nd April 2022, 00:34

Almost. I once pushed in front of two guys queuing for the toilet in McDonalds late one night after having been out drinking in my yoof. (I was generally a very naughty drunk, so tend to avoid drinking a lot so I'm not these days.) Apparently two of the girls I was with had to talk them down from punching me when I came out. I'm a yellow belt in karate though so I'm sure I'd have been fine.