Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 9th September 2021, 10:23

Mood
Tired

Default Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

been re-rendering my garage wall recently, been putting it off and dreading it
had to strip it all back to base layer then carefully fill it as and when weather permitted and I had the enthusiasm to tackle it,

I have quite loud neighbours who are often out in their garden talking loudly, playing music and having BBQ's,

fair enough,.. good on them,.
but I always found it very off-putting having them so close and it often puts me off going out in my garden for any reason
(we have very low fences here , waist height basically, so you see and hear everything.)

last night I had an idea,. something I haven't done for years is listen to music and wear headphones,.
well, it was a bit of a revelation for me,.. I totally loved the music and really got into it,
and my neighbours were a distant memory,
I just used spotify on my mobile and my wi-fi was good enough to keep me connected,
I have quite eclectic tastes in music, but I used to be quite passionate about my music too,
so I was really getting into my groove with it and got my mojo back to an extent, just listening to it.

think this'll be the way forward for me now if I'm out in my garden.

oh,. done a decent job of the rendering too,
Old 10th September 2021, 15:11

Mood
Blah

Thanks for all the tattoo feedback guys
Old 10th September 2021, 15:53

^^ I had the same revelation in the summer. I wanted to get out in my garden and soak up the vitamin D, but listening to the neighbours made me too anxious. So I started used headphones and music, it was such a relief : (I didn't know why it took until this year to figure out)

Well done on the rendering
Old 16th September 2021, 00:04

I sometimes feel bad posting in here as I would say my SA was 10% of what it was so do feel free if it's genuinely annoying/upsetting to tell me and I'll curb it back.

Today (I'm working nights) I woke up at 3pm. I was very hungry and there's a shop ten minutes walk away.
Because I'm in a hotel because of my job, I always check my cardkey before I leave (because they constantly go down) and it flashed red meaning it's not working.
There was a part of me that said "if you go to the shop you'll have to go to reception afterwards and explain your card isn't working (fifth time this week) whilst looking pretty tough.

I genuinely contemplated causing myself suffering because I was a little anxious about talking to a receptionist...again.

I sat there debating for fifteen minutes before saying "f it, I'm hungry"

Of course the receptionist was fine and polite as expected, gave me the old "has it been near your phone?" speel they always give (it was on the side all day since I got back) i laughed and said "it always happens"
Maybe she DID judge me afterwards, maybe she thought "hey that man was pretending to be a woman" but it doesn't matter. I'm never going to see her again and even if she tells others, I don't know them and they don't know me so who cares :D
Old 16th September 2021, 00:21

There's nothing annoying and upsetting about your posts MissKatie. I can relate a lot to this one. I'm confident nowadays when talking to receptionists, but it used to paralyse me.
Well done! I'm feeling a bit peckish myself. I hope you found something nice to eat
Old 16th September 2021, 02:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortilla
Well done! I'm feeling a bit peckish myself. I hope you found something nice to eat
Hotel room food (no expenses) is limited. If you like pot noodles you're laughing lol
Old 16th September 2021, 09:09

^I do like instant noodles, but not the pot noodles variety. I thought you had gone the shop that was 10 minutes walk away.
Old 16th September 2021, 11:54

On Tuesday I managed to get through a Zoom meeting that lasted over 90 minutes with some guy from a car dealership who initially said he "just wanted to confirm some details" but it quickly became clear that it was actually a massive upselling attempt. He kept going on and on about all these different service plans and extras and things that I didn't really understand but knew he was just trying to make money so I kept saying no. At one point I had to take a break so I said I wanted to discuss things with my husband (I don't have a husband, I stood just off camera feeling awful) but from that point on every time he showed me a video advertising something else he'd get to the end and then say he'll give me a few minutes to discuss that particular thing with my fictional husband, so the whole process took way longer than it needed to as each time I would stand up and move to the side of the room and wait for a while before coming back and saying no. So glad it's over, I haaaaated it
Old 16th September 2021, 12:37

^ good on you to get through it without rage quitting.
Frankly I would have just told him to f off and ended the call. I can't stand people like that.
Old Today, 00:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortilla
^I do like instant noodles, but not the pot noodles variety. I thought you had gone the shop that was 10 minutes walk away.
Now I'm confused lol
I work in a shop but I also shop outside of that shop.

You can buy things up until 10pm in most stores but since I get refused red bull so often, I usually go to a shop close to my hotel to try to get it in the morning for that night lol