SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 12th August 2019, 22:39

Default Tats

Have you got any tattoos? I've got a family tree on my right shoulder although it didn't really come out quite how I intended
Old 12th August 2019, 22:40

Default Re: Tats

Got my image on my left arm
Old 12th August 2019, 22:42

Nope, cos they're ****ing awful.
Old 12th August 2019, 22:43
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Nope. There not really me.
Old 12th August 2019, 22:51

They can be pretty polarising. Never thought I'd get one but I did 13 years ago. Probably wouldn't get another one though. My niece (21) has loads, however they each have a personal meaning to her so I can understand why she's done it. I do reckon she needs to slow down a bit with them though.
Old 12th August 2019, 23:09

I'd love to get one (or some) but I'm too scared of having someone hovering closely over me for however long it takes. I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to pain, but I'm curious about how it'd feel, and whether the pain's OK if you know why it's there and what it's for.

The idea of getting one that I later regret doesn't really bother me. I think it's quite empowering to do something permanent in the here and now, even if you don't really appreciate or understand it later in life. Sort of like flicking the V's at your future self.

I'd like to get the Magnetic Fields line 'You won't be happy anyway' in some sort of design. Or maybe just the words.
Old 13th August 2019, 00:04

I'm not a fan of tattoos (no offence to folk who do like them) and they just wouldn't be me.
Old 13th August 2019, 08:02

I never really liked the idea of them because it felt to me like choosing a nail polish or lipstick colour that you could never change. If I'd have got something when I was 18 I'm sure I'd regret it now since it probably would have been something to do with a band or whatever and my tastes have changed, as they no doubt will ten years from now too. But two years ago I got a small paper crane on my right forearm after my dad's parents (they were from Japan) died within a few weeks of each other. I still like it. I'm not sure if I would get any more though.
Old 13th August 2019, 10:00

I have two, both of which are commemorative. The first is at the top of my back and is a sunshine with a kite going around it and the words 'Hello Sunshine'. The second runs the length of most of my side and is a dandelion with the words 'Nothing loved is ever lost.'

I've had my third planned out for a couple of years now (they really are addictive). I'd like a dreamcatcher along the side of my thigh. Cost and the fact that my tattoo artist is now 250 miles away from me means it hasn't happened yet.
Old 13th August 2019, 10:29

That would involve making a decision and having to stick by it, so no. To be honest though I think they would look terrible on me.
Old 14th August 2019, 21:25

I have five