SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 22nd February 2021, 23:45

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

Consolida - lovely to see you back, and sorry to hear that.

Mr Nobody and Limey - that is so sad, I'm sorry. It is hard to think of people not being able visit in those last months.

Nanuq - I really hope they'll start paying attention to what they can do about long Covid once the situation is less acute.
Old 23rd February 2021, 02:08

^ Thank you Choirgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy
Consolida's back *boundds around the room like an over exited thing*
You are obviously very easily excited Percy but thank you all the same x

@ Moksha and Merritt - I totally get what you mean about dreading the prospect of life getting back to 'normal'. While there's no denying this Pandemic has been truly awful, it's given us SA folk the perfect excuse not to do the things that cause us so much anxiety. I've spent the best part of a year holed up in my bedroom and no one has batted an eyelid. For once in our lives avoiding social interaction has been positively encouraged and applauded on a global scale. The lives we've been shamefully (in our eyes) been living for years was suddenly normal and socially acceptable. I fear that coming out of lockdown and attempting to rejoin society is going to be an incredibly painful experience

@ indignant misanthrope - your neighbours sound absolutely horrible. I hope there will soon be a resolution to the situation so that you can get on with living where you do in peace. No one should be continuously bullied and harassed
Old 23rd February 2021, 02:37

Mood
Breezy

^You're very welcome young lady
Old 23rd February 2021, 04:08

@Consolida Nice to see you back!
Old 23rd February 2021, 10:50

Mood
Alienated

God damn

I sent my doctors an e-consult thing basically asking for some medication so I wouldn't have to go see them

End result is I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon for bloods/thyroid check/general prodding and poking.......and no medication

That has not gone to plan. Sheeting myself
Old 23rd February 2021, 12:37

Mood
Alienated

^ I'm going to ask them to attack my other arm

my left arm still feels rough from the cannula I had after the CT scan last week! (which I'm completely avoiding and hope I never get the results)

I specifically picked the options that meant I didn't want to go visit a doctor

Getting real bored of all this now, its like 4 months of convincing myself I need to plan my funeral songs for the 2 people that will turn up - You should get a medal for dealing with long covid - I'd be a right mess
Old 23rd February 2021, 14:23

^ Good luck with your Doctors appointment tomorrow Toxic

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlinterrupted
@Consolida Nice to see you back!
Thank you I hope you are keeping well?
Old 23rd February 2021, 20:00

Mood
Alienated

My goodness that has to be one of my worst days at work. Everything that could go wrong seemingly went wrong. My car door flung open when I was driving. I upset someone. I did something massively wrong. Then after a hugely stressful few hours, I went for a break but then water started coming through the ceiling and there was a huge leak, and I don't do well in a crisis so I got in the way and pissed people off. Oh, and my shoes have fallen apart

I want to scream, punch a wall, hide in my bed and have some vodka (but sadly I've run out of the stuff, although that's probably a good thing).
Old 23rd February 2021, 20:47

^What a shitty day. Sorry Aleks, hopefully tomorrow is a better one for you.
Old 23rd February 2021, 21:30

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellotiger
^What a shitty day. Sorry Aleks, hopefully tomorrow is a better one for you.
Thank you! I’m sure it will, as that’s probably my monthly quota of shitty things
Old 24th February 2021, 13:13

I'm really struggling to focus on getting things done. I've been struggling to focus all year. I struggle anyway, but it's worse than usual.

However, I have enjoyed the discussion of topics that don't usually get discussed in the media, like struggling to focus while working from home, loneliness, anxiety etc, because the answer can't be 'just get out more'.
Old 24th February 2021, 15:41

Mood
Alienated

@Consolida

Ta!

I've been stabbed in the arm and prodded and poked all round my neck by 2 female doctors - I'm sure some folk would pay for that.

Now to spend the next couple of days freaking out about my blood tests . If I'm anything I'm predictable. I did sort of hope they would have my CT scan results however they have heard sod all - who knows where thats ended up!
Old 25th February 2021, 02:21

^ I hope it doesn't take too long for your test results to come back so that you can get some peace of mind

A whirlwind of emotions and feelings...

I had to urgently see a Dentist this morning after developing painful toothache. I hate going to the Dentists at the best of times but when there's the worry of catching the virus it's even worse. The pain is probably due to an infection so I've started on a course of antibiotics. I hope they work soon as it's keeping me awake and I really hope I haven't caught Covid.

After just a week on chemo my mum is feeling and looking far worse than before. I know it's due to the side effects but it's so difficult to see a loved one suffering. It's taking me back to 30 years ago when I lost my dad. Cancer sucks big time.

My mind is also, yet again, full of newly discovered details about my birth family. I'm now in touch with a half brother. Despite his horrific childhood he comes across very sociable and confident. He has also inherited exotic Egyptian genes from his father. Trust me to draw the short end of the straw when it comes to my DNA. No matter what, I always compare and then feel so inadequate.
Old 25th February 2021, 17:28

@Consolida: sorry your mum is suffering, hopefully things will very soon get better for her. My mother also looked worse on chemo, but in the long run it kept her alive. Hang in there!

Just had COVID jab. It was the weediest jab of any kind I've ever had, I wasn't even sure she'd actually inserted the needle.
V. slick organisation - I was in and out in a few minutes - not bad at all!! Now waiting to see if any strange side-effects...

Struggling with my new job (and the nightshift too). Now having to finally face up to the fact that I will need some accomodations in order to do most kinds of jobs (thanks, Asperger's).
Old 25th February 2021, 19:32

Mood
Dreaming

regret. i left my kitkat near my brew and now its half melted.
Old 27th February 2021, 11:34

Mood
Alienated

General health rant

had my CT scan 12 days ago - still heard nothing, wasn't any sort of evidence it ever happened at my doctors on wednesday.

had my blood tests on wednesday - she said she would let me know on friday. bugger all.

Now do I adopt the no news is good news approach or do I assume my local doctors/hospital are ran by the PG tips monkeys

I've felt shit since November but I guess a positive is I feel just as shit now as I did then
Old 27th February 2021, 12:27

I feel disgusting. It’s the time of year when I’m dry from the cold, all my scalp is flakey and my skin is itchy and if I use anything to add moisture I get greasy hair and blocked pores. The sun is too bright and I get headaches from it and I start to get some of those early spring sinus problems. Nothing about me works.
Old 27th February 2021, 16:06

Mood
Alienated

^ oh wow

I may be waiting a while then!

Well my doctors took my bloods for an entirely different reason so they dont even know what the deal is with the CT scan - I can see how I will be spending my monday

I foolishy thought it would only be a couple of days - no one told me expect several weeks!
Old 28th February 2021, 16:24

Mood
Alienated

I've had 3 text messages today from the doctors saying your test result is normal no further action required.

I presume thats my bloods (I see what they are doing - send on a monday so you can't ring them up!)

I don't know why 3 if I had a..full blood count? surely it would be ..1..or a lot more than 3?

It'd be nice to trick myself into thinking one of them was my CT scan but I think I know thats unlikely!

I'm a little miffed as I've got some really irritating discomfort in my neck/throat/jaw and part of me had banked on it being an infection - which could have explained my heart too....but no

^ I hope you get some useful answers from your GP about your son
Old 1st March 2021, 11:11

^ It's good that your test results have come back normal but I know, from my own experience, how frustrating that can be when you're suffering with unpleasant symptoms that you haven't found an explanation for. Don't let the Doctors fob you off too easily.

@ Nanuq, I really hope that your son hasn't got Pots although from what you say it does sound like it matches up with the symptoms other people have with the condition. Never rains but it pours aye! The human body really does have a lot of design flaws

Feeling very stressed. After only a week my mum is feeling exceptionally ill on the chemotherapy. We called 101 who were quite helpful once they'd gone through a million routine questions concerning Covid. Then we waited 1 hour, then 2 hours for an out of hours Doctor NOT to call.

Really, what is the point of a life extending drug if it makes you feel absolutely terrible?
Old 1st March 2021, 12:31

Mood
Cynical

^ So sorry to hear your mum is suffering so much with the chemo. It's pretty amazing to me that we don't have alternatives to that by now, it's so hard going for a lot of people. Does she have a treatment team at the hospital, can you contact anyone there?
Old 3rd March 2021, 23:40

^ Thanks Dougella x

Over the last few days my mum has continued to go down hill on the Chemotherapy and this evening the Cancer Nurse advised me to call an Ambulance. Thanks to Covid I couldn't accompany her to the Hospital so it was heartbreaking having to say goodbye. She's currently having lots of tests and scans but I am hoping that she is 'only' suffering with an infection due to her compromised immune system and that some powerful antibiotics can very quickly put this right. Anything else doesn't bare thinking about.

Any age sucks but old age especially sucks
Old 4th March 2021, 01:35

Feeling so frigging scared

The Doctor just phoned from the Hospital to say my mum has acute Kidney injury (not helped by being dyhdrayed) and Pneumonia. He then started asking if we had ever talked about resuscitation, which we hadn't. I can't help thinking that if she hadn't started the Chemo 2 weeks ago she woukd still be feeling okay at the moment.

I'm so so so scared that she won't be coming home. I just want my mum back. I can't cope with all this now
Old 4th March 2021, 07:29

Mood
Breezy

Sorry to hear you're scared consolida.
Old 4th March 2021, 07:59

Wishing your mum a speedy recovery Consolida
Old 4th March 2021, 14:04

Thank you Percy, Indigo, and Nanuq xxx

Every time the phone rings I fear the worst but pray (I'm not even religious!) for a miracle.

The Hospital called in the middle of the night to tell us to get there as soon as possible as it was thought she wouldn't last the night. It took my husband and myself 45 minutes of walking around the hospital because no one knew where my mum was located. Then an incredibly kind cleaner, who had recently lost her mum to covid, tried to help us look until a male Nurse reprimanded and humiliated her in-front of us because she wasn't supposed to be wandering around the hospital. It was definitely a form of bullying and very upsetting to see.

To the list of everything that was already wrong with my mum they also added a suspected heart attack which I'm certain the chemotherapy has triggered. Nobody told us that Chemo in someone so old and fail could literally kill them

Sorry for the rant. I just needed to get my emotions out here
Old 4th March 2021, 16:48

@Consolida: so sorry to read your mum and you and your family are suffering. "Rant" all you like, we're here for you. Cancer is so bloody awful. But your mum sounds like a fighter, hang in there!
Old 4th March 2021, 16:56

Mood
Cynical

^^^So sorry to hear this Consolida, what an awful situation
Old 4th March 2021, 17:18

Sorry to hear about this, Consolida. I hope things turn out well. I'll be thinking of you.
Old 4th March 2021, 19:53

Sending lots of love to you and your family, Consolida