SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 29th April 2024, 21:13

Default Re: Where do you buy your groceries because Morrisons are taking the pish.

I find Aldi quite amusing, the way they chuck everything at you and you've got to shove it all back in the trolley and pack it on a ledge by the window

I used to buy their 'Romeo' chocolate bars that are like a Bounty but better than a Bounty. Oh yeah.

Old 29th April 2024, 23:06

Default Re: Where do you buy your groceries because Morrisons are taking the pish.

Mainly ASDA, with a smattering of Lidl, Iceland and M&S.

We refer to ASDA as 'razzda' because we're very fancy people.
Old 30th April 2024, 06:33

There's never any excuse for daylight snobbery, but there are some shockingly working class supermarkets on this thread, and Biccies shopping at frickin' Lidl!!! WTAF!?!? Chess at Asda I can just about cope with, but Biscuits and Lidl is a complete head doer.
:
Old 30th April 2024, 09:12

^ Lidl isn’t working class, you can buy fresh focaccia there. It’s not Iceland, get a grip.
Old 30th April 2024, 10:04

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull
there are some shockingly working class supermarkets on this thread,
lol,..

erm,... having SA doesn't tend to go hand in hand with having a decent amount of money as disposable income,

I'd agree that Lidl isn't a particularly great place to shop, but needs must,
Old 30th April 2024, 10:50

I vary between shopping online at Sainsburys, Asda and Tesco and shopping on my bike at Sainsburys (there's a few big stores within cycle range) or Tesco. I like a bit of variety to keep things interesting. Sometimes I just need a few extras from the small local Sainsburys or Co-op which are nearby (or sometimes the even nearer Budgens, but they seem far too expensive for what you get)
I don't know of a Morrisons near here, there are apparently a few although they used to only be oop North.
Old 30th April 2024, 10:58

I send my footman to Fortnum and Masons for all my groceries. Although it's usually just for the basic essentials like foie gras and champagne.
Old 30th April 2024, 11:33

Seagull + Expensive Supermarkets = Feathered Nest!

Old 30th April 2024, 12:08

Mood
Cynical

I think Seagull shops at Waitrose
Old 30th April 2024, 14:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appear
Mainly ASDA, with a smattering of Lidl, Iceland and M&S.

We refer to ASDA as 'razzda' because we're very fancy people.
Exactly, the complete grocery haul can never be made at one store at least if your a picky eater like me. No supermarket is super they are all a bit meh...Mehmarkets it is.
Old 30th April 2024, 14:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee S
I find Aldi quite amusing, the way they chuck everything at you and you've got to shove it all back in the trolley and pack it on a ledge by the window

I used to buy their 'Romeo' chocolate bars that are like a Bounty but better than a Bounty. Oh yeah.

Speed is good at the checkout, alleviates the anxiety and I can quickly turn my back and avert my gaze from everyone in the store whilst I'm packing my bags, the biggest annoyance is if a security tag sets the alarm off when leaving.
Old 30th April 2024, 15:00

Quote:
There's never any excuse for daylight snobbery, but there are some shockingly working class supermarkets on this thread, and Biccies shopping at frickin' Lidl!!! WTAF!?!? Chess at Asda I can just about cope with, but Biscuits and Lidl is a complete head doer.
:
Then you must try the Farmfoods scrummage on a Saturday morning.
Old 30th April 2024, 15:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiouslondoner
I vary between shopping online at Sainsburys, Asda and Tesco and shopping on my bike at Sainsburys (there's a few big stores within cycle range) or Tesco. I like a bit of variety to keep things interesting. Sometimes I just need a few extras from the small local Sainsburys or Co-op which are nearby (or sometimes the even nearer Budgens, but they seem far too expensive for what you get)
I don't know of a Morrisons near here, there are apparently a few although they used to only be oop North.
The thought of having my bike stolen whilst in store fills me with dread. Too much criminality around here to risk it.
Old 30th April 2024, 15:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise
I send my footman to Fortnum and Masons for all my groceries. Although it's usually just for the basic essentials like foie gras and champagne.
I do like the F & M wicker hampers for life, they do turn heads when I pack my groceries in Aldi.
Old 30th April 2024, 16:55

Talking of oop North (as anxiouslondoner was) do you Southern chaps have Booths?
Old 30th April 2024, 18:03

^ We got Boots but not Booths.

What's Booths? Secret shops for Northern eyes only.
Old 30th April 2024, 23:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylas
the biggest annoyance is if a security tag sets the alarm off when leaving.
I've had that happen a few times in B&Q when they've forgotten to deactivate the hidden security thingy. It causes everyone to stare at the apparent disgusting shoplifter
Old 30th April 2024, 23:35

I get that maybe once a year when I'm shopping at Aldi. I just stop, turn, make eye contact with whichever staff is looking my way, and wait for them to wave me on. I should really set myself an annual shoplifting day to take advantage of it.
Old 30th April 2024, 23:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt
I just stop, turn, make eye contact with whichever staff is looking my way, and wait for them to wave me on.
Yeah, same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt
I should really set myself an annual shoplifting day to take advantage of it.
Old 30th April 2024, 23:47

My clothes bursting at the seams with 80 packets of bacon underneath, while I do my best 'What?' face
Old 1st May 2024, 00:01

^
Old 1st May 2024, 09:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
^ We got Boots but not Booths.

What's Booths? Secret shops for Northern eyes only.
It’s like Waitrose for Northerners
Old 1st May 2024, 14:53

^ Booths makes Waitrose look like Lidl. £4 or £5 for a box of cereal for fark's ache. Was up in Keswick last week and we had to hover around the woman putting the yellow labels on in order to be able to afford anything in there.
Old 1st May 2024, 14:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
I think Seagull shops at Waitrose
Absolutely not, Dougella, the nauseating stench of middle class pomposity as Tallulah and Godfrey do their weekly shop isn't for my staunchly working class palate! Plus it's a frickin' rip off.
Old 1st May 2024, 15:42

Quote:
^ Booths makes Waitrose look like Lidl. £4 or £5 for a box of cereal for fark's ache. Was up in Keswick last week and we had to hover around the woman putting the yellow labels on in order to be able to afford anything in there.
No booty call for you!!!

Old 1st May 2024, 16:46

I've been very much misconstrued on this thread, Chess. Meet me round the back of your local Tesco Express in 26 minutes and I'll explain all. #BootyCall
Old 1st May 2024, 17:53

It breaks my heart to say this Seagull, but I need to see some bank statements before you start plundering for treasure!

That being said, I don't want you to go away empty handed:

Free of charge of course! Although I think he's still patrolling the forum at the moment. And it goes without saying that you can go hog wild with him as well!!

Anyway, time for nibbles!